my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » STICKERS ON YOUR VEHICLE

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: STICKERS ON YOUR VEHICLE
schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted November 30, 2002 21:04     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Okay, I like bumper stickers but I'm selective now as to what gets to violate my trucks exterior. I currently have stuck on:
PORCUPINE TREE 'IN ABSENTIA' STICKER

THE DISCIPLINE KNOT (King Crimson)
KING CRIMSON 'LARKS TONGUES IN ASPIC'
And a cool HANGNAIL sticker.

I want a fuckin' VOIVOD sticker damnit.

So what do you have?

|  IP: Logged
Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted December 01, 2002 00:00     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I only have one on my truck:

The National Rifle Association

Also used to have Chuck Heston for President but this chick I was dating at the time tore that one off. Women just don't understand greatness.....

Ynys Trebes
VoivodFan
Member # 55

posted December 01, 2002 00:46     Profile for Ynys Trebes   Email Ynys Trebes     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
The only sticker that got the privilege of decorating the rear-end of my car is a white "Apple Computer" logo
MacRos
Junior VoivodFan
Member # 152

posted December 01, 2002 03:56     Profile for MacRos   Email MacRos     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Mezcalhead:
I only have one on my truck:

The National Rifle Association

Also used to have Chuck Heston for President but this chick I was dating at the time tore that one off. Women just don't understand greatness.....

....too bad you can't shoot smallpox. I guess it don't hurt to try though, right cowboy?

Tangento
VoivodFan
Member # 117

posted December 01, 2002 05:33     Profile for Tangento   Email Tangento     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I have my Frank Zappa Alien Glove sticker nestled right between two IBEW Local 292 insignias.
(Minneapolis Electrician's Union)
Most of the bumblefucks I work with don't even see the irony in that.
(Zappa was BIG-TIME anti-union)

I would have my
'87 "Killing Technology" on there, but alas, it is SIGNED by the band on the back.

Does anyone know where I can find a sticker of The Accused? Been looking for years.
I want Martha Splatterhead to round things out back there.

PS Hey schroeder, how did you get the car in the scanner, anyway?

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted December 01, 2002 05:53     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
PS Hey schroeder, how did you get the car in the scanner, anyway?

It's a BIG scanner!!! LMAO

guidon
VoivodFan
Member # 137

posted December 01, 2002 07:37     Profile for guidon   Email guidon     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Only got an Agip-sticker next to my license-plate...Not very metal.

*Agip is a petrol/oil manufacturer b/t/w

Tangento
VoivodFan
Member # 117

posted December 01, 2002 14:14     Profile for Tangento   Email Tangento     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hey that thing is BEYOND metal!
It has six fuckin' legs!
How weird is that thing, anyway?

nia
VoivodFan
Member # 9

posted December 01, 2002 14:51     Profile for nia   Email nia     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Elvis is Dead
Peak Freaks do it with logs
Negativeland
Linux Redhat

is on the back of my car. And I promise not to rear-end you in traffic Ynes when I see your apple sticker. Are you gonna save Christmas for your family too like Janie Porche did? Bwahahaha. I want to make a "why I won't switch ad," something along the lines of macs are for people who are willing to pay extra for coloured plastic because they don't really understand how their computers work anyway so they might as well match the furniture.

Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted December 01, 2002 16:16     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Noitall, I only understood one of your stickers. Please educate me on the other three. I thought you would have a "kill your tv" on your car.

Macros, go to hell.

Schroeder, damn those are some cool stickers.

Tangento, where did you get the Zappa stickers? Zappa.com? I'd love to have one. All I've got on my car is my sister's college sticker which is pretty lame.

Motordeth
VoivodFan
Member # 153

posted December 01, 2002 16:38     Profile for Motordeth   Email Motordeth     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Great stickers!
nia
VoivodFan
Member # 9

posted December 01, 2002 17:18     Profile for nia   Email nia     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Mez, I'm assuming you get the Elvis sticker, lol!

The Peak Freaks sticker is from Snoqualmie, WA where David Lynch filmed Twin Peaks.

Negativeland is a band. http://www.negativland.com/

'Negativwho?
What is Negativland? As a group (Mark Hosler, Chris Grigg, Don Joyce, David Wills, and Richard Lyons), they do create music, but calling Negativland a mere "band" doesn't do them justice. On their recordings, they appropriate, dissect, juxtapose, scramble, reassemble, and regurgitate sonic material culled from a variety of sources--anything from network and shortwave broadcasts to private phone conversations and family recordings made in the kitchen. They mix this with an equally eclectic variety of instruments--keyboards, guitars, effects boxes, samplers, tape loops, squeeze toys, and so on. The end result is incredibly funny, often making a wry social comment; but it also has a strange coherence among its myriad layers, unparalleled by similar efforts of other groups. '

Redhat is an open source operating system. http://www.redhat.com/

And for the record, I LOVE TV. Good things do happen there, just not so much.

Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted December 01, 2002 18:46     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hmmmm... a juxtaposition and regurgitation of sonic material such as radios and phone calls. Uhhhh....okkkk....

Ok, other than "Sex in the City" what do you consider good television Nia?

Tangento
VoivodFan
Member # 117

posted December 01, 2002 18:52     Profile for Tangento   Email Tangento     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Mezcalhead:
Tangento, where did you get the Zappa stickers? Zappa.com? I'd love to have one.

I got mine from ebay. I am pleased as punch.
I will keep an eye out on Zappadotcom and other places I frequent for some stickers for you.

quote:
Originally posted by Noitall:
Negativeland is a band. http://www.negativland.com/

'Negativwho?
What is Negativland? As a group (Mark Hosler, Chris Grigg, Don Joyce, David Wills, and Richard Lyons), they do create music, but calling Negativland a mere "band" doesn't do them justice. On their recordings, they appropriate, dissect, juxtapose, scramble, reassemble, and regurgitate sonic material culled from a variety of sources--anything from network and shortwave broadcasts to private phone conversations and family recordings made in the kitchen. They mix this with an equally eclectic variety of instruments--keyboards, guitars, effects boxes, samplers, tape loops, squeeze toys, and so on. The end result is incredibly funny, often making a wry social comment; but it also has a strange coherence among its myriad layers, unparalleled by similar efforts of other groups.

I am glad you brought up Negativeland.
For you and anyone else who is interested in this kind of 'Music', I have two excellent suggestions.

1. Severed Heads - Especially the early stuff.
They are similar to NL, but much more abstract and mind-bending.
Recommended titles (to start) -
'Clifford Darling, Please Don't Live In the Past' or 'Blubberknife'.
The later stuff is more techno but just as good.
I have a feature on S.H. here:

Severed Heads Feature

Trust me, you will never be the same.
Also, don't miss Tom Ellard's side project called 'Co Kla Coma' which continues in the earlier S.H. vein.
All the info is there.

The next one is a newer, much more obscure artist.
This one is even more similar to NL, but probably the weirdest of all.

2. Amphibifudd - This shit is Prime Mindfuck. Do not let it slip by.
I have a feature and a brand new interview with the mastermind behind this madness here:

Amphibifudd Feature

Amphibifudd Interview (guess who's a Voivod Fan?)

Both of these artists provide plenty of samples of their wares and downloadables for the taking.

I hope you enjoy this stuff.

Skul
VoivodFan
Member # 19

posted December 01, 2002 21:01     Profile for Skul   Email Skul     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I'm not cool enough to put stickers on my car. Sorry guys! However, i like putting stickers on my guitar tho! I removed a bunch of em but i still got the Corrosion of Conformity skull on it, and one that sez "FUCK WORK".
Slaytanic
VoivodFan
Member # 28

posted December 02, 2002 08:52     Profile for Slaytanic   Email Slaytanic     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Noitall:
Mez, I'm assuming you get the Elvis sticker, lol!

Errm... I didn't get that one. After all, I am here, alive and well.

WE CAN GO ON TOGETHER... WITH SUSPICIOUS MIIIIIINDS...

El Indio
VoivodFan
Member # 18

posted December 07, 2002 08:53     Profile for El Indio   Email El Indio     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
How about the following 2 bumper stickers?

I brake for beer!

Sure, I love cats; tastes just like chicken!

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan