my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » Mmmm ... Nothingface CD ... weird

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Mmmm ... Nothingface CD ... weird
Marginal
VoivodFan
Member # 116

posted November 28, 2002 09:06     Profile for Marginal   Email Marginal     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I finally found it at Archambault stores here in Quebec . YEY ! But .... i noticed something weird with this CD :

1. on the back cover , the recording of the CD is a DDD ( digital-digital-digital ) and when on the CD , i found out that it was now ADD ( analog-digital-digital )

I'm confused , wich one is the good one ?

|  IP: Logged
Marginal
VoivodFan
Member # 116

posted November 28, 2002 09:14     Profile for Marginal   Email Marginal     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
btw , on the CD it's written '' Prc-ignition '' instead of '' Pre-ignition '' . The CD is plain white wrtings on a black background : If i'm not wrong ,i've seen the nothingface CD with away's artwork on it . Plus i don't have the lyrics in the booklet , only a catalog to order voivod and kreator t-shirts . The CD i've bought is cheap i think( but the music isn't cheap ). Am i wrong ?
Skul
VoivodFan
Member # 19

posted November 28, 2002 09:35     Profile for Skul   Email Skul     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
That's because you dont have the original Mechanic/MCA issue. You might have the Futurist/Noise one. You probably dont have the poster in it either. It used to fold out like the insert of Slayer,s Seasons in the Abyss, sorta... big insert with a poster on one side and the lyrics on the other (plus artwork for each seperate song on each panel). As far as i know it was a DDD recording. the original Mechanic issue has been out of print for years now.
Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted November 28, 2002 10:18     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yeah, I bought the same piece of Noise shit that Marginal did. I was highly perturbed. Fuck, the tape I had ten years ago was better than that. Oh hell, anyway. I guess that's what Ebay is for.
Helldriver
VoivodFan
Member # 46

posted November 28, 2002 11:00     Profile for Helldriver   Email Helldriver     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yes Skullhed is right, I have the MCA version and it has an Away's artwork on the cd and inside there is a beautifull poster (wich I recently found that was made behind the metal sculpture by the alluminium factory, If I'm not wrong) and with the lyrics and one artwork for each song (it's where my animations come from)...
And I'm sure it's a DDD.

Marginal
VoivodFan
Member # 116

posted November 28, 2002 11:12     Profile for Marginal   Email Marginal     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
heh ... i checked and it's the noise thing as you've said . sad if the sound quality is worst than the mechanic release ... but they say it's DDD on the back-cover and ADD on the cd . I'm skeptic ... I listen to it and the sound could be better IMO
Skul
VoivodFan
Member # 19

posted November 28, 2002 11:41     Profile for Skul   Email Skul     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yes, but it's a 1989 digital recording, so keep that in mind

I always hated how that album sounded anyway.. i always thought that the guitar was too low in the mix (or just lacked balls). Maybe a little too clean and cold. Great record, though.

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan