my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » Who here is still a LONG-HAIR? (Page 1)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2

Author Topic: Who here is still a LONG-HAIR?
BlackCloud
VoivodFan
Member # 122

posted November 18, 2002 22:26     Profile for BlackCloud   Email BlackCloud     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Mine is still down to my stomach, although I'm needing a trim on the ol' split-ends! (the NW weather is kinda harsh sometimes )

The reason I'm asking is that it almost seems longhair isn't cool anymore, or hasn't been cool in a longtime, especially in metal music nowadays. (thanx to nu-metal, imho)

|  IP: Logged
nia
VoivodFan
Member # 9

posted November 18, 2002 22:39     Profile for nia   Email nia     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Long hair is cool, except...

If your hair is grey and long - it's time to cut it.

If you can see your scalp when the light shine on it - it's time to cut it.

If it makes a ponytail skinnier than your thumb - it's time to cut it.

I remember when a couple of my skinny friends (male) had long hair and were working in the warehouse of a record store. They were pissed when a sales rep. came in one day, and seeing them from behind said, "Hello Ladies." lol.

Tangento
VoivodFan
Member # 117

posted November 18, 2002 22:54     Profile for Tangento   Email Tangento     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
yes.
down my back
Fuck Nu-Metal

Juan87
VoivodFan
Member # 87

posted November 19, 2002 00:26     Profile for Juan87   Email Juan87     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Middle of the back. Would be further down but I have a long neck...I cut about 5 inches off the other day, just put it in a pony tail and snipped it myself, gave it to a girl friend of mine that kept ragging on my split endz
Of course I had to do the whole voodoo curse thing to it first!! LoL
Long Hair RULES!!!(and it saves time and $)

h
VoivodFan
Member # 8

posted November 19, 2002 05:20     Profile for h   Email h     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Had mine trimmed last week for the first time since 1985. The wife was moaning about the state of my split ends and so I let her take the scissors to it. On the condition that she never speaks again if it got too short!!! (un)Fortunately she did a good job, and I remain a 'fuckin hippie'.
I'm always getting drunk businessmen squeezing past me on public transport saying "excuse me love". Which can be fun when I turn round and point out that I like women and am therefore not interested in their homosexual advances. The look of horror on their faces is a sight to behold.

Emlyn K Helicopter
VoivodFan
Member # 44

posted November 19, 2002 07:58     Profile for Emlyn K Helicopter   Email Emlyn K Helicopter     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Aye, I'd forgotten how much fun it was to be honked by butch dump-truck drivers, only to see their look of total horror when they saw me from the front.

Erm, wow...thats quite possibly the most homo-erotic statement I've ever typed.

Anyway, it was down to my arse, then a crew-cut, now its past my eyes. A few more months and I'll be able to show my face in the Ruskin Arms again.

K
VoivodFan
Member # 6

posted November 19, 2002 08:09     Profile for K   Email K     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I'm growing mine long again and i dont give a fuck what all these short-haired, redneck, Texas Country-Western listening no-brained assholes think!

It used to be down the middle of my back years ago, but the Summers here get extremely HOT...so i cut it.

I'm growing it long again in protest of Christian Republican Oppression around the World.

Plus...i wanna be just like H.

Slaytanic
VoivodFan
Member # 28

posted November 19, 2002 08:12     Profile for Slaytanic   Email Slaytanic     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
NEVER had long hair, much to Mezcal's disappointment. Y'know, mine would be like, huh, Jackson 5 or something.

P.S.: BTW, Udo never had long hair (well, he had at Accept's early days...) and no one calls him nu. Alias, none more old!

Ynys Trebes
VoivodFan
Member # 55

posted November 19, 2002 10:20     Profile for Ynys Trebes   Email Ynys Trebes     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I've had my hair down to my bellybutton 'till 1995 when i shaved my head

It's one of the best decision I've made in my life... I have nothing against long hair, it all depends on the attitude that goes with it... I must admit that I've seen the sorriest-looking fucks at Black Cloud's show the other night... Was hilarious being surrounded by guys who looked like living-snaphots of a 1986 metalhead... Testament t-shirt, construction boots and tight jeans teared at the knee? Gimme a fucking break It's almost 2003for crying out loud!!!

Skul
VoivodFan
Member # 19

posted November 19, 2002 10:36     Profile for Skul   Email Skul     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I also had my hair right down my back around the kidneys until one really hot june day in '95 made me go straight to the barber shop and made me say "CUT IT!!". Nah, actually i thought about it for about a year before actually making the move. I do miss it sometimes, but it sucked towards the end (split-endz) plus i thought i looked girly with a poneytail, so fuck that. I bought a clipper and shave my perfectly shaped skull every 2-3 weeks.

I'm sure Pantene Pro-V nearly went out of business the day i cut my hair.

h
VoivodFan
Member # 8

posted November 19, 2002 10:44     Profile for h   Email h     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by King Kula Shaker:
Plus...i wanna be just like H.

Yikes! That's the most disturbing thing I've seen on this site since Noitall posted Nelson pics all over the place!
Anyway, as Ian Astbury once said:
"The only thing untouched that's mine.....
I will wear my hair long". It's nowt to do with 'fashion' folks!!

Spawn_of_SATAN_666
VoivodFan
Member # 62

posted November 19, 2002 10:58     Profile for Spawn_of_SATAN_666   Email Spawn_of_SATAN_666     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
king you are finally growing your hair back?? my sweetheart is growing his back again too.(not my ex my lover) and i have long hair and want it to go past my knees i am a girl okay and yes it is sexy for guys to have long hair.
El Indio
VoivodFan
Member # 18

posted November 19, 2002 11:59     Profile for El Indio   Email El Indio     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I lost the last of my long hair back in around umm, uhh.. 1987 or 88... What can I say, I had just moved to Vancougar where for some crazy reason everyone was into this retro-punk thing. And this happened at a very confused, vulnerable time in my life when my self-esteem was way below zero. So I ended up doing what I always do when I find myself in a new and intensly frustrating, traumatic situation - I adjusted my look and manners to suit the new situation... Luckily today I'm happy to report that I don't care as much as how people perceive me though I must admit I do shower daily, wear clean clothes (When I'm not at work in the local printing industry.), am usually clean shaven, brush and floss my teeth. Why do I do this you may ask? To impress the local women of course! How else would I be able to chat up nice looking women like Noitall when I'm at a nightclub ostensibly to checkout a band! Damn women! If it wasn't for them, I'd probably be a stinking long haired pig right now!
Gerfat
VoivodFan
Member # 45

posted November 19, 2002 12:33     Profile for Gerfat   Email Gerfat     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Still long hair working at an office... Very proud of it, since it's very hard dowhere in Chile, too much prejudice...
Hatröss
VoivodFan
Member # 7

posted November 19, 2002 16:47     Profile for Hatröss   Email Hatröss     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Man since ive cut my hair to conform to the rest of the world i have since lost all my power and alot of personality too. 1 thing i can say for sure though is, man i started landing a whole new class of women,the sorta buisness type and snobbs,M.I.L.F's ect, although i will grow it long again someday when i am stabil in life and possably a buisness owner. my hair is pretty short now,almost seems military style(been thinking about getting VOIVOD faded into the back or sides of my head.like the brothers used to do with Adidas and Nike.
Spawn_of_SATAN_666
VoivodFan
Member # 62

posted November 19, 2002 20:30     Profile for Spawn_of_SATAN_666   Email Spawn_of_SATAN_666     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
first of all El Indio don't cut your hair for a woman find a woman who like long hair on a guy i do.
BlackCloud
VoivodFan
Member # 122

posted November 19, 2002 20:45     Profile for BlackCloud   Email BlackCloud     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by hexonxonx:
Once it was down my back, and then in 1991 it was cut by a bunch of drunk bullies in suburban train

I had a similiar experience back in early '94, when I was drunk and passed out at a party. I thought I was in the company of friends, but obviously not. When I returned home from the previous night's drunken stupor, and shortly after coming out of the shower, I "tried" putting my hair in a pony tail, but for some odd reason the left side of my hair kept falling out! Well upon glancing into the bathroom mirror, I noticed that the left side of my head was cut "even" with my chin, while the rest was still the length down my back!!! Nevertheless it never was about "the hair-cutting" itself, but rather the state of helplessness I was made to feel afterwards. Defenselessness, vulnerablility, betrayal all come to mind!

And of course: REVENGE!

I did eventually find out specifically who did it, and I'm not a violent person by nature, but let's just say I put the "fear of god" into him that I don't think he'll forget! Fortunately for him a friend of mine had to get me out of the "venue" before I could inflict permanant damage!

**I did think about the "Blacky" look for a second shortly after the incident, but I just decided to get a "BOB" instead ..besides their can only be one Blacky right?**

Väinämöinen
VoivodFan
Member # 27

posted November 20, 2002 06:05     Profile for Väinämöinen   Email Väinämöinen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Slaytanic :
NEVER had long hair, much to Mezcal's disappointment. Y'know, mine would be like, huh, Jackson 5 or something.

Me neither. I tried to grow my hair in '86 or so, but to my disappointment my hair went so curly that it looked like I had a bunch of dickweed growing from my scalp Nowadays I'm approaching the Michael Stipe stage...

nia
VoivodFan
Member # 9

posted November 20, 2002 09:53     Profile for nia   Email nia     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
WTF is wrong with people???? Cutting someone's hair on a train or at a party?!? Jeezus, some people need a beat down. (A bob would be a Blacky in the 90's look. )

quote:
Originally posted by El Indio:
Damn women! If it wasn't for them, I'd probably be a stinking long haired pig right now!

rotfl!!!

manipulator
VoivodFan
Member # 12

posted November 20, 2002 10:57     Profile for manipulator   Email manipulator     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by nuclear infusion:

Long Hair RULES!!!(and it saves time and $)

you're on crack !

p.s.: does shampoo have an expiry date ?

X-D
VoivodFan
Member # 3

posted November 20, 2002 19:06     Profile for X-D   Email X-D     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by manipulator:
you're on crack !

HAHA! Yeah, I used to spend more money on the expensive shamoos and conditioners than I could afford back in the day. Yeah, so I'm 20% gay!

My hair used to be most of the way down my back and all pretty much the same length (no bangs or layered hair for me!), even in the 80's! Unfortunately, in the mid-90's genetics began to thin my hair so I shaved it all off and never looked back! I'm pretty happy with my non-lumpy skull... although I'd grow it long again in a heartbeat if I thought I could!

I do however keep a rather long goatee so I got some sort of hair to pull on! As long as kids and normal people are still scared of me (and they usually are) I'm happy!

Juan87
VoivodFan
Member # 87

posted November 21, 2002 00:09     Profile for Juan87   Email Juan87     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by manipulator:
you're on crack !

Hahaha, no, not at the moment. Seriously tho I meant that it saves $ to not have to go to the barber every 2-3 weeks, and buy gel, style your hair, all that shit that takes time. Unless you have a buzz cut or shaved head, that saves too!

About the shampoo, I don't use that much more than when I had shorter hair.

tattooedsean777
VoivodFan
Member # 128

posted November 21, 2002 06:09     Profile for tattooedsean777   Email tattooedsean777     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I would grow my hair down to my arse if I could but I too, had genetics thanks to my Mom's side of the family overwhelm me. I have the scott ian look going. I am also keeping my big lamb chops and ever growing goatee to give me something to hang on.

As for what music I listen to, it sure isn't affected by my hair length. I am extreme metal to the highest degree.

Väinämöinen
VoivodFan
Member # 27

posted November 21, 2002 08:18     Profile for Väinämöinen   Email Väinämöinen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by tattooedsean777:
As for what music I listen to, it sure isn't affected by my hair length. I am extreme metal to the highest degree.
We're not alone... http://www.rottensound.com
Check out the pictures section

manipulator
VoivodFan
Member # 12

posted November 21, 2002 10:54     Profile for manipulator   Email manipulator     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
actually, i have 100% gay hair. they're so wimpy, they're scared of my forehead, hence the retreat to the back skull

ya, a clipper will save you tons of dough, it was paid for in a month (i keep them to a #2)

All times are ET
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan