my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » Vader

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Vader
Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted November 17, 2002 21:58     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Anybody heard of these guys? I went to their website but was unable to download any tunes.
They're coming with Immolation to ATL. Now I'm definitely going cause of Immolation(just downloaded "Of Martyrs and Men"-Holy Smokes they kill!!!)but I was just wondering if anybody knew anything about Vader who's headlining.

|  IP: Logged
K
VoivodFan
Member # 6

posted November 18, 2002 08:05     Profile for K   Email K     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Dangitt Mezcalhead!

That makes yet another reason i gotta get a Burner soon!
(My old one was brutally destroyed with the rest of the Computer.)

Vader 'Revelation' is a KILLER CD!

K
VoivodFan
Member # 6

posted November 18, 2002 10:49     Profile for K   Email K     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Are you talking about VADER being boring?
...or just Death Metal in general?

I found the new Vader to be killer!
It gets played a lot in my house.

AngelRat
VoivodFan
Member # 88

posted November 18, 2002 14:59     Profile for AngelRat   Email AngelRat     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
If you don't like Death Metal, then so be it. If you do: go see Vader live! One great experience! I think their second album 'De Profundis' is their best, and so do they think theirselves, cause half of the songs they played (somewhere in 2000) were from that album. I'd love to see Immolation too, they're in Holland somewhere in December. 'Unholy Cult' is one of my favourite albums so far this year.
Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted November 18, 2002 18:33     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Thanks for the wide range of answers to my post. I just got a note from the Immolation website saying that Immolation would NOT be playing in ATL with Vader. So I may or may not go. One question: Is the Vader singer in the growler style as Hex described? That is the one thing that I do not like about Immolation. Music great, vox unbelievably bad. I just don't get that. I remember discussing this with Corpse back at Yuri's place many moons ago. Now the one group who I think gets away with it splendidly is Enslaved. That guy is genius and it really makes sense there. But he's able to use it in a way that is darkly musical.

Last thing: KULA BUY THAT BURNER!!!!

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan