my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » Nuclear Assault is back!!!

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Nuclear Assault is back!!!
Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted November 16, 2002 19:43     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
News
The original, and most successful Nuclear Assault lineup including the legendary figure in metal circles, Danny Lilker have reassembled in 2002 to let the minions of the world know the true Thrash giants are "Alive Again." Nuclear Assault will commence a world tour in 2003 to support "Alive Again" with confirmed dates in the U.S from end of January until late March. Planning a tour of Texas and the West Coast between January 22nd and February 8th. Among the cities the tour will hit are Dallas, Houston, San Antonio, Austin, Albuquerque, Phoenix, Los Angeles, San Diego, Santa Ana, San Francisco, Portland, and Seattle. In addition, the band is planning to do several Northeast dates as a warm-up for the tour. April through late spring 2003 we will see the band returning to European shores on the "No Mercy/Easter Festivals 2003 " packaged with TESTAMENT, DARKANE, MARDUK and PRO-PAIN.

2002 - 2003 USA tour dates
The bands "Origin and All That Remains" will be joining the Nuclear Assault tour on January 22 in Texas.

Dec. 29 - Jaxx - Springfeild VA.

Jan. 17 - El-N-Gee - New London, CT.
Jan. 18 - Stone Pony - Asbury Park, NJ.
Jan. 22 - Sin 13 - San Antonio, TX.
Jan. 23 - Fitzgerald's - San Houston, TX.
Jan. 24 - The Backroom - Austin, TX.
Jan. 25 - Canyon Club - Dallas, TX.
Jan. 27 - Launchpad - Albuquerque, NM.
Jan. 28 - Mason Jar - Phoenix, AZ.
Jan. 29 - Galaxy Theatre - Santa Ana, CA.
Jan. 30 - Knitting Factory - Los Angeles, CA.
Jan. 31 - Brick By Brick - San Diego, CA.
Feb. 01 - The Pound SF - San Francisco, CA.
Feb. 03 - Ash Street Saloon - Portland, OR.
Feb. 04 - Graceland - Seattle, WA.

2003 No Mercy European Tour

Apr. 08 - London, UK @ TBA
Apr. 09 - Paris, FRA @ TBA
Apr. 10 - Essen, GER @ TBA
Apr. 11 - Leipzig, GER @ TBA
Apr. 12 - Vienna, AUT @ TBA
Apr. 13 - Wels, AUT @ TBA
Apr. 14 - Pratteln, SWI @ TBA
Apr. 15 - Milano, ITA @ TBA
Apr. 16 - Munchen, GER @ TBA
Apr. 17 - Berlin, GER @ TBA
Apr. 18 - Ludwigsburg, GER @ TBA
Apr. 19 - Strasbourg, FRA @ TBA
Apr. 20 - Antwerpen, BEL @ TBA
Apr. 21 - Tilburg, NETH @ TBA

|  IP: Logged
Juan87
VoivodFan
Member # 87

posted November 17, 2002 03:53     Profile for Juan87   Email Juan87     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
"Jan. 23: San Houston, TX"

HAHAHA I love that, not too far from the truth, Sam Houston should be a saint for fighting and killing for this glorious country - er, state.

Thanks for the badass news Mescal, Nuclear Assault and Testament one night and Napalm Death and Nile and Voivod the next week.
Un-fucking believable!!!
Oh, wait, it is too good to be true, Voivod won't be there...But still badass I guess

Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted November 17, 2002 09:59     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Holy hell, Infusion, that's some serious metal in one weekend. You lucky Texas bastards!!! Course they're coming nowhere close to the Southeast. The only show I've got to look forward to is Mastadon in January. And I believe Napalm Death is gonna be dropping through too that month but January is just too far away.
Juan87
VoivodFan
Member # 87

posted November 18, 2002 23:34     Profile for Juan87   Email Juan87     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I'm kind of wondering why tours are starting off in Texas. Maybe because the dope is cheaper? Naaa that couldn't be it...
That sucks that they aren't going through Joe-ja, or anywhere near for that matter. I used to get pissed off for the Greatful Dead never venturing from the East Coast, they would always just go up and down those states. My cousin up in Virginia would always rub it in my face - "Well Jerry just came through AGAIN, third time this year"...Oh well all is good, I guess!

Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted November 19, 2002 06:08     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
"JOE-JA"

Truly the correct way to pronounce the name of my beloved state. Hahaha!

Slaytanic
VoivodFan
Member # 28

posted November 19, 2002 08:39     Profile for Slaytanic   Email Slaytanic     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Their gig here in São Paulo, a month and a half ago, was great. All filled with songs up to Handle With Care. No Out Of Order, which I think is underrated. Anyway, only negative point is the crowd spitting at Derrick+Andreas, from Sepultura, when they joined the band onstage for a jam.
guidon
VoivodFan
Member # 137

posted November 19, 2002 15:15     Profile for guidon   Email guidon     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Woohoo, and they're coming over here too. Can't wait for that...
Juan87
VoivodFan
Member # 87

posted November 21, 2002 00:37     Profile for Juan87   Email Juan87     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hey Slaytanic, that's screwed up that the crowd would spit at some of their own. What's the reasoning?
I'm proud that I knew who Sep was way before they burst onto the scene with Chaos A.D.. I regret not going to the "New Titans on the Block" show back in '92 with Nuclear Assault.

Thrashiq
VoivodFan
Member # 21

posted November 21, 2002 02:43     Profile for Thrashiq   Email Thrashiq     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Nuclear Infusion...

Testament is not on the American tour with Nuke Assault. They're on the No Mercy festival in Europe together...

Also Nuke Assault was not on the New Titans On The Block Tour. That was Sepultura, Napalm Death, Sacred Reich and Sick Of It All...

guidon
VoivodFan
Member # 137

posted November 21, 2002 13:18     Profile for guidon   Email guidon     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
But Testament were on the Clash of the Titans tour with Megadeth, Slayer and Suicidal Tendencies - in Europe that is.
Slaytanic
VoivodFan
Member # 28

posted November 21, 2002 16:01     Profile for Slaytanic   Email Slaytanic     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by nuclear infusion:
Hey Slaytanic, that's screwed up that the crowd would spit at some of their own. What's the reasoning?

Let's just say that "Roots" was not exactly what the majority of the metalheads here were expecting from them. It's considered, for many, a sellout. Plus, it's beyond argument that Sepultura is considered nowadays a mere shadow of what they used to be (i.e., Derrick will never be totally accepted).

Väinämöinen
VoivodFan
Member # 27

posted November 22, 2002 08:20     Profile for Väinämöinen   Email Väinämöinen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
But spitting at them...forgive me but that's pure idiotism IMO.
guidon
VoivodFan
Member # 137

posted November 22, 2002 13:11     Profile for guidon   Email guidon     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Spitting is a bit over the top, but I still think they (the other 3 + Derrick) shouldn't have used the name Sepultura. The albums without Max suck basically...
Juan87
VoivodFan
Member # 87

posted November 23, 2002 01:07     Profile for Juan87   Email Juan87     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Thrashiq:
Nuclear Infusion...

Testament is not on the American tour with Nuke Assault. They're on the No Mercy festival in Europe together...

Also Nuke Assault was not on the New Titans On The Block Tour. That was Sepultura, Napalm Death, Sacred Reich and Sick Of It All...

SHIT! I don't read too well. Why does Europe get Testament? They're American! I was actully going to go more for Testament than NA, but oh- well Testament will probably release an album next year and have their own tour after this one.

Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted November 23, 2002 07:51     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Damn, Erik is playing with them? His guitarplaying is some of the most intense shit out there in metal right now. Just listen to that first track off Lethargy on mp3.com. Should be a great show! Infusion, you'd better go to this thing man!
Slaytanic
VoivodFan
Member # 28

posted November 24, 2002 07:09     Profile for Slaytanic   Email Slaytanic     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by HatrossRig:
did you guys know that Erik Burke, of Lethargy, Kalibas, and Sulaco fame is going to be playing guitar for NA on this tour?

Yes, he did the Brazilian gig.

Slaytanic
VoivodFan
Member # 28

posted November 24, 2002 09:00     Profile for Slaytanic   Email Slaytanic     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Väinämöinen:
But spitting at them...forgive me but that's pure idiotism IMO.

That was just an argument on how the Sepultura sound changed for worse during the years after Chaos AD, but I agree 100% with you, nothing justifies spitting at them.

spudboy
VoivodFan
Member # 78

posted December 17, 2002 20:37     Profile for spudboy   Email spudboy     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
For those interested, Erik's band Sulaco is playing their first show on Christmas night at the Bug Jar in Rochester. Yes, I will be there. (there *are* some perks to living here....)
HatrossRig
VoivodFan
Member # 80

posted December 18, 2002 04:18     Profile for HatrossRig   Email HatrossRig     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
id totally fly out to roch to catch that show if i had the money...sulaco is the demo of the year
cant wait for an lp

Juan87
VoivodFan
Member # 87

posted December 20, 2002 03:02     Profile for Juan87   Email Juan87     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Mezcalhead: Should be a great show! Infusion, you'd better go to this thing man![/QB]

You bet on it!! Not to down play Nuclear Assault, I just know more about Testament, and they should tour the states too. Shit one more month...Two-1000-3 is gonna kick my ass!!!!!!

Fireface
VoivodFan
Member # 51

posted January 28, 2003 18:34     Profile for Fireface   Email Fireface     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
YES!! A Chicago date was finally announced! May 3rd at the Rockhouse. What a friggin' dive...

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan