my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » Schroeder and X-D????

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Schroeder and X-D????
Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted November 14, 2002 20:07     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hey what happened to you guys???
 |  IP: Logged
h
VoivodFan
Member # 8

posted November 15, 2002 05:04     Profile for h   Email h     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Maybe they got banned!!
Hatröss
VoivodFan
Member # 7

posted November 15, 2002 12:36     Profile for Hatröss   Email Hatröss     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Man that bites.. when i was offline due to moving,no one seemed to miss me,im hurt
vroomfondel
VoivodFan
Member # 139

posted November 15, 2002 14:35     Profile for vroomfondel   Email vroomfondel     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Shit, me too. After being sober and offline for 7 days and now finally sitting with some friends drinking Guiness no one on this little tasteful place seems to sence my precence. I'm hurt to the core of my sorry little bones. But WTF, i'm 23 % Gay and all i have to say is: Cheers mates, and a bleeding sort of happy weekend to you all.
Shit Irish beer sure makes one nice

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted November 16, 2002 21:51     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I am deeply touched that you missed me

I was in a cabin at Killen's State Park in Delaware with my wifes family for the week but now you must put up with me again.

I'm busy with some other things (updating my Porcupine Tree site with new things I received at the show, house work, job, yadda yadda yadda) but will try to drop by and annoy you all with my antics whenever I can...so where's X-D???

later

Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted November 17, 2002 10:03     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yeah, good to have ya back Schroedman. Hey what is the url to your PT site?
manipulator
VoivodFan
Member # 12

posted November 17, 2002 11:23     Profile for manipulator   Email manipulator     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
try http://www.porcupinetree.com sherlock
schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted November 18, 2002 08:33     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Mezcalhead:
Yeah, good to have ya back Schroedman. Hey what is the url to your PT site?

My PT site "Pure Narcotic" can be found at: http://home.mchsi.com/~schro/Porcupine_Tree/Welcome_Pagex.html

I'll be updating very soon with all the new items I recieved and purchased at the Baltimore 2 weeks ago.

X-D
VoivodFan
Member # 3

posted November 19, 2002 17:17     Profile for X-D   Email X-D     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hey Mez!

I still live! I've just been working so damned much I haven't even been online (for casual purposes) fer shit! Things always get strange around my house this time of year! Feeling very much like a corporate slave these days.

Schroeder!
I'm going to see Porcupine Tree this friday here in Seattle! Can't wait man! All I have heard thus far is that bootleg you gave me so many trades ago, but I'm hoping to pick some stuff up at the gig!

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted November 20, 2002 06:00     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
X-D please post a review here when you get a chance. Hopefully you'll be at a venue big enough for the complete light and stage show which I didn't get to see because Fletcher's is so damn small. The band is incredible live be prepared to be BLOWN AWAY. Too many fans of PTs do not know how to MOVE AROUND even thought their songs groove and some heavy enought for a pit, but it should be fun none the less.

If you are interested in buying cds, you might do better online, except the new cd IN ABSENTIA was priced fairly at the show. The T-shirts however are very cool. If you score any fliers or set lists I'd be interested in trading something for them.

ENJOY

X-D
VoivodFan
Member # 3

posted November 20, 2002 19:42     Profile for X-D   Email X-D     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Posted by Schroeder:
X-D please post a review here when you get a chance.

Hey Schroeder,
Will Do! They are playing at a club here called I-Spy... which I think is rather small so I'm not expecting a light show or anything. But it should be cool nonetheless! I try and nab some flyers and such off the walls for ya if they're around the place! Already got my tickets ($10.00 each!) and am looking forward to it... bringing the wife as well!

I know what you mean about the crowd not knowing what do do at the shows... These "post-rock" type bands tend to have a rather tame audience. I remember thinking the crowds were kinda lame at some great shows I've seen in the past such as Michael Gira's Angels Of Light and again at Dead Voices On Air w/The Legendary Pink Dots among some other shows.

Funny, I love all kinds of music, but metal shows have tend to have the most entertaining crowds in my experience! Punk and harcore shows were the best, but they don't really happen anymore.

I'll be in touch.

nia
VoivodFan
Member # 9

posted November 21, 2002 12:46     Profile for nia   Email nia     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hey X-D, I saw DVOA and the Legendary Pink Dots a couple of years back and it was really dead (pun intended). Peaches can really whip up a crowd though.
X-D
VoivodFan
Member # 3

posted November 21, 2002 13:16     Profile for X-D   Email X-D     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yeah I really like DVOA, and at the time wasn't really sure how a show like that would go off... I was impressed with the band and really disapointed in the crowd. Not so into The Dots though.

The worst crowd I've ever seen was at the above mentioned Angels Of Light show here last year. Man, what a bunch of wussies! The audience was so apathetic, my wife (to be, at the time), was even getting pissed! The music was great, but the crowd SUCKED! All these post-goth weenies I suppose...

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan