my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » The Deee-Lite - Voivod connection

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: The Deee-Lite - Voivod connection
Väinämöinen
VoivodFan
Member # 27

posted November 12, 2002 05:58     Profile for Väinämöinen   Email Väinämöinen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
http://www.gnod.net/music/related/Voivod.asp

|  IP: Logged
Väinämöinen
VoivodFan
Member # 27

posted November 12, 2002 06:01     Profile for Väinämöinen   Email Väinämöinen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Remember, "Groove's in the heart!"
h
VoivodFan
Member # 8

posted November 12, 2002 07:41     Profile for h   Email h     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Wow! According to that I'm more likely to enjoy Deee-lite than Black Sabbath... uhhhh, riiiiight
K
VoivodFan
Member # 6

posted November 12, 2002 08:29     Profile for K   Email K     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I have a Towa Tei CD.

He used to work with Dee Lite as the DJ, Record-Spinning Mixing Samplering whatever guy.

Groovy, man!

And now....for everyone's enjoyment...
Time for a Sing-along!

#1. GROOVE IS IN THE HEART REMIX - Written by DEEE-LITE

The chills that you spill up my back keep me filled with satisfaction when we're done satisfaction of what's to come
I couldn't ask for another I couldn't ask for another
your groove I do deeply dig no walls only the bridge my supper dish my succotash wish
I couldn't ask for another I couldn't ask for another
Chorus: groove is in the heart
Astronomical Hit Me Watch out
The depth of hula groove move us to the nth hoop we're goin' thru to horten hears a who
I couldn't ask for another
DJ soul (SOUL) was on a roll I been told he can't be sold not vicious or malicious just de-lovely and delicious
I couldn't ask for another
SOMEONE'S IN THIS TORSO (YEAH) HOT! GOTTA DEAL YOU WANNA KNOW (WANNA KNOW) DEEE-LITEFUL TRUE IT'S DEEE-LITEFUL (LITEFUL) MAKIN IT DOIN IT 'SPECIALLY AT SHOW (SHOW) FEELING KINDA HIGH LIKE A HENDRIX'S HAZE (HAZE) MUSIC MAKES MOTION MOVES LIKE A MAZE (MAZE) ALL INSIDE OF ME (SIDE) HEART ESPECIALLY (YEAH) HELP OF THE RHYTHM WHERE I WANNA BE (C'MON) FLOWING GLOW WITH THE ELECTRIC EYE (HA) AS YOU DIP TO THE DIVE BABY YOU REALIZE (YEAH) BABY YOU'LL SEE THE FUNKY SIDE OF ME BABY YOU'LL SEE THAT RHYTHM IS THE KEY (HMM!) GET GET READY WITH IT (WITH IT) CAN'T CAN'T QUIT IT (QUIT IT) STOMP ON THE STOOP WHEN I HEAR A FUNK LOOP (LOOP) PLAYING PIED PIPER FOLLOW WHAT'S TRUE BABY JUST SING ABOUT THE GROOVE.......
sing it
Chorus 4x: groove is in the heart na na na na na
1, 2, 3
bbbbbllrlrlrlrlrlrrlrlrlrlrlr
Groove is in your heart Groove is in the heart Yeah
Groove is in the heart 3x's
Heeeee c'mon ya'll are cute y'all are crazy man!!
Never ever have I seen an earth girl quite like you - you excite my receptors and uh make my electrodes groove with an overpowering magnetic field I wish to satisfy your dreams and with that enormous rhythm pulsating girl you got ta scream pass me that bottle baby

The End.

Pup
VoivodFan
Member # 124

posted November 12, 2002 09:34     Profile for Pup   Email Pup     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
this IS a worry
Väinämöinen
VoivodFan
Member # 27

posted November 12, 2002 09:51     Profile for Väinämöinen   Email Väinämöinen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Get the groove ON! YEAH! *thump* *thump* *thump* *thump-a* *thump-a* *thump* *thump*...
h
VoivodFan
Member # 8

posted November 12, 2002 10:54     Profile for h   Email h     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
From what I can remember, dee light were never heard of again after that 'one hit wonder'.... maybe their follow up was along the lines of Angel Rat
manipulator
VoivodFan
Member # 12

posted November 12, 2002 13:08     Profile for manipulator   Email manipulator     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Woooooooohoooooo!!!!!!

*throws hands in the air*

work it bitch !

Tangento
VoivodFan
Member # 117

posted November 12, 2002 14:13     Profile for Tangento   Email Tangento     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I still don't get the connection...
She had a hot bod, though

Väinämöinen
VoivodFan
Member # 27

posted November 13, 2002 06:18     Profile for Väinämöinen   Email Väinämöinen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Tangento, you probably knew this already but there's no connection at all (at least to my knowledge)! I was searching the net for MP3's of old Finnish HC bands and stumbled across that site, and I immediately wanted to see what bands they'd propose as "being listened by Voivod fans". BTW, Circle is also mentioned there, and IMO they're one very cool band, check'em out if you like long, slowly building hypnotic songs. They're a bit like advanced techno, but they use mainly 'traditional' rock instruments. Great for tripping out without chemicals!
Tangento
VoivodFan
Member # 117

posted November 14, 2002 05:52     Profile for Tangento   Email Tangento     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
It is interesting.
My website gets quite a few hits from Gnod,
yet I have been all through that site and have never been able to find a link.
It is a very strange format.

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan