my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » Tornadic Activity

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Tornadic Activity
Tangento
VoivodFan
Member # 117

posted November 09, 2002 18:04     Profile for Tangento   Email Tangento     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
From my Top 1000:

54. Tornado - Voivod**
Talk about your Intense Music...
This is no doubt under F-5 classification.

"...Cumulonimbus storms arrive
Lightning flashes a hundred miles around
Electrical collision course..."

Hell yeah... This is one raging bastard of a song, following no known structure;
...It just continues to build momentum and power.

Crashing and weaving/ while Piggy spews his towering dissonances, invoking a musical vortex from which there is no escape.

All the while, pounding and grinding rhythms and blower-bass voids of chaotic consequence;
AWAY & Blacky rip livestock, trees, and hulking farm equipment; hurling them for miles in every direction.

Broomsticks through the hoods of cars.

|  IP: Logged
Juan87
VoivodFan
Member # 87

posted November 10, 2002 01:55     Profile for Juan87   Email Juan87     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Well, then I guess there was one Voivod show I'm GLAD I missed!!
--------------------------
Was even speculated to be a rare F6
--------------------------
Nature is truly awesome

Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted November 10, 2002 07:30     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hey Infusion,

You're from Texas right??? Did you ever hear Kula's tornado story?

Juan87
VoivodFan
Member # 87

posted November 13, 2002 23:46     Profile for Juan87   Email Juan87     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yea. I think he made it up.

It's in the archives somewhere.
What is fucked up is that my aunt lives in Round Rock, not too far from Jarell. It's all in the past tho'...
TORNADO!!!Spinning at 300 miles an hour...trying to out-whit this monster....there's no escape, you disapear!!!(copyright goes to Snake)

K
VoivodFan
Member # 6

posted November 14, 2002 08:29     Profile for K   Email K     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
No guys...i did not make up that story.
It is 100% true.
I saw the low rotation go directly over my building.
The same one that had previously touched-down in Arlington...went back up (over my fool drunk & singing head)...and then came back down to do some damage to Texas Stadium, (home of the Cowboys.)
I was also previously paying attention to the Radar and the Locations of the Rotations as pointed out by Channel 8 Troy Duncan.
I knew the thing was coming...so i stepped out my door, into the Breezeway, to see it.
There it was! Figuring i was a gonner anyways..i lifted my Beer up to it and began singing "Tornado!...Tornado!..."

Luckily...it didnt land on my neighborhood.
I could-have woken up in Oklahoma!
There was a lot of wind damage to the West side of my Apartment Complex with one part of a Tree being blown into someone's window.

It is a True story. The day VOIVOD 'Tornado' saved my neighborhood from the real thing, by me paying drunken-fool homage to it with Beer and Song.

I'll never do THAT again!

Juan87
VoivodFan
Member # 87

posted November 16, 2002 00:23     Profile for Juan87   Email Juan87     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I was just kidding Kula, I did believe you. Wild shit, man! I've had vivid dreams about seeing tornadoes, atomic blasts, etc. I love dreaming in color (and remembering helps too). What happened to you sounds screwed up enough to be a dream, but ending up in Oklahoma would have been a nightmare!
I think the Voivodic vibes kept it from touching down, too much sound for it to penetrate.

BlackCloud
VoivodFan
Member # 122

posted November 16, 2002 01:46     Profile for BlackCloud   Email BlackCloud     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by King Kula Shaker:
I saw the low rotation go directly over my building.

"King's" house was slightly to the right of this actual photo!

Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted November 16, 2002 09:34     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hahaha, Yeah, I think I see him. Looks like he's saying OHHHHH SHITTTTTTTTTTTTTTT!!!

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan