my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » New ND Order of the Leech AAARRRRRRGGGGGHGHHHH

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: New ND Order of the Leech AAARRRRRRGGGGGHGHHHH
Tangento
VoivodFan
Member # 117

posted November 08, 2002 20:26     Profile for Tangento   Email Tangento     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
FUCK YEAH!!! The NEW Napalm Fucking DEATH BEHEMOTH!!!
I am on track 3 - Forced to Fear
This is just what was expected...
Severe Brutality and Intricacies of Mayhem Blasting Chaos Pounding Behemoth Balagan.
I am too pumped to even write this..
I will return after the album and the 12-Pack are done.

Now you guys can talk about something other than FAGGOTS

|  IP: Logged
K
VoivodFan
Member # 6

posted November 08, 2002 21:46     Profile for K   Email K     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Tangento:
Mayhem Blasting Chaos Pounding Behemoth Balagan.

HAHAHAHA! What did he say?

I'm blasting some VADER right now...and on Beer #6!

Cheers!

Tangento
VoivodFan
Member # 117

posted November 09, 2002 00:32     Profile for Tangento   Email Tangento     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
see next post

Tangento
VoivodFan
Member # 117

posted November 09, 2002 01:00     Profile for Tangento   Email Tangento     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by King Kula Shaker:
HAHAHAHA! What did he say?

http://www.dictionary.com/search?q=balagan

Haha! Cheers back at ya!

(I assume that is the word you had trouble with... it took me 20 minutes to find a definition online)

I am just fuckin KILLING the neighbors with this thing. I may end up incarcerated here.

I quote:

"'Must have peace' -under arsenals in the sky
'Must have peace' - though we'll strike at any time
'We must have peace'

Forewarned is disarmed?
Conduct Post-Mortems
as trigger-fingers twitch to right a wrong "

"Forewarned is Disarmed? "
Order of the Leech - Napalm Death 2002

Don't download it: BUY it.
If you want to sample a track or 2, go for
"Continuing War on Stupidity" or
"Forced to Fear"

Just fucking INTENSE, monster shit.

Take your Black Metal Bullshit and Grindcore Pretenders and STICK 'EM UP YOUR ARSE!!!

This is the REAL FUCKING DEAL

BlackCloud
VoivodFan
Member # 122

posted November 09, 2002 02:28     Profile for BlackCloud   Email BlackCloud     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I had been wondering about this Muther-fucker for quite awhile..I'm glad it's finally out!!
Skul
VoivodFan
Member # 19

posted November 09, 2002 02:35     Profile for Skul   Email Skul     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I like Order of the Leech alot... it's Utopia Banished 2... that's fine, maybe one day they'll do Harmony Corruption 2, i'd be chuffed.
guidon
VoivodFan
Member # 137

posted November 10, 2002 07:30     Profile for guidon   Email guidon     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Got it yesterday, and it kicks ass. Sound's great too. Can't wait for their gig in Germany 1st of december...It's going to be a long drive from Belgium through Holland and than Germany but it's going to be worth it.
BlackCloud
VoivodFan
Member # 122

posted November 11, 2002 00:59     Profile for BlackCloud   Email BlackCloud     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Skulhed:
maybe one day they'll do Harmony Corruption 2

Now you know there can only be "ONE" Harmony Corruption, right?!?!

Actually, to be honest..I wish they could "re-mix" the whole album (I never really liked the drum sounds *except for the kicks*) and the guitars are too "muddy" sounding, and obviously there's no bass in the mix either. (the 90's "grindcore" relied too much on distorted bass, IMHO, which unfortunately got lost on most of the mixes)

Slaytanic
VoivodFan
Member # 28

posted November 19, 2002 08:17     Profile for Slaytanic   Email Slaytanic     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Just watched the "Punishment In Capitals" DVD at a friend's. Aside from the killer show, Barney looks funny with short hair!
Tangento
VoivodFan
Member # 117

posted November 19, 2002 08:50     Profile for Tangento   Email Tangento     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by hexonxonx:
What's so great about Harmony Corruption? I had it back when it came out, and listened to it several time trying to understand the hype. Not a chance. Kicking and grunting, grunting and kicking, all the same for 40 minutes. Compared to their funny but interesting first 2 albums (and especially studio-live Peel Sessions) this was IMHO a setback. I wasn't surprised to learn that Mick Harris left after that album - they were drifting away from what ND was about, ND playing LONG SONGS is an oxymoron. So I didn't bother to check out their latter stuff at all.

I hear this quite a bit.
Mostly from people who haven't yet heard the newer stuff.
You are missing out, big time.
I mean, really, do you expect them to play 6-second bursts of noise forever?

This shit is highly technical, brutal as FUCK-ALL, and relentlessly aggro.
And the guitar work of Harris & Pintado is phenomenal, only it is badly under-appreciated because of the lack of meandering, pointless 'Slayer-esque' lead breaks.

And FUCK what a drummer Danny Herrera is.
There are very few around who are better than this guy.

Give the 3 CD's beginning with 'Words From the Exit Wound' onward - a chance, at least.

Skul
VoivodFan
Member # 19

posted November 19, 2002 09:29     Profile for Skul   Email Skul     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Inside the Torn Apart was very different as well, and very good, too. Probably the slowest ND album, but the one with the most dissonance, which i dig (I'm into Voivod, right?)

There's really just one ND album that i cant stand and that's Fear Emptiness Despair. Diatribes aint that good either.

I'd also like to say that Harmony Corruption was the my first cd EVER! I actually bought the cd like a month before getting my own cd player at the time.

h
VoivodFan
Member # 8

posted November 19, 2002 09:37     Profile for h   Email h     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I remember when Harmony Corruption came out. I thought it was excellent, but so many people were up in arms about it being a sell-out because they recorded it in Florida with Scott Burns who was doing all the main stuff back then. Bunch of bullshit really. Reminds me alot of peoples reaction to Angel Rat when that first arrived!!
Suffer the Children ROCKS!

Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted November 24, 2002 11:38     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Where would you guys place SCUM on the list? Just downloaded Force the Fear. Hell of a good track. But look at the musicians playing on SCUM. Can you beat that?
BlackCloud
VoivodFan
Member # 122

posted November 30, 2002 02:35     Profile for BlackCloud   Email BlackCloud     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Mezcalhead:
Where would you guys place SCUM on the list? Just downloaded Force the Fear. Hell of a good track. But look at the musicians playing on SCUM. Can you beat that?

I will always love Bill Steer's guitars..has anyone listened to his new band: Firebird? I really didn't care much for it (from what I had down-loaded anyway) Kinda like Jeff Walker and his "Blackstar Rising"..not so good.

Juan87
VoivodFan
Member # 87

posted December 20, 2002 00:42     Profile for Juan87   Email Juan87     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
OK so I'm a little slow, just picked up Order of the Leech. Hard shit. Gearing up for that tour that some group named "VoiVod" were gonna be on.
FUCK IT THRASH ON!!!!!!

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan