my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » Hell yeah!!!

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Hell yeah!!!
The Neverman
VoivodFan
Member # 4

posted November 08, 2002 03:54     Profile for The Neverman   Email The Neverman     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Venom are Metal legends! Some recent thread about Venom (say V-E-N-O... fucking M) - being obviously an early strong Voivod influence along with Motorhead - made me think...

Voivod opened for Venom at the Ritz on 4/5/86 and I was wondering [this is a question to Blacky] if you guys happened to meet Cronos and Mantas extensively and/or if you had any little Venom-related stories.

"Don't dictate to us... We were the first..."

|  IP: Logged
Gerfat
VoivodFan
Member # 45

posted November 08, 2002 07:03     Profile for Gerfat   Email Gerfat     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
VENOM ARE GODZ... I wish Cronos a quick recovery from his injury... Yeah Blacky, let us know if you met the Grand Masters of Hadez and Mayhem!!!!!!!
Pup
VoivodFan
Member # 124

posted November 08, 2002 08:20     Profile for Pup   Email Pup     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I have

I met them on a UK TV program called "the tube". It was on the Ozzy Ultimate Sin tour and "the tube" had a few bands on before Ozzy hit the stage. Venom, Cherry Bombz and some muscle bound guy called "thor" who liked to blow up and pop hot water bottles Cronos has the most amazing accent you can imagine - broad Newcastle UK.
Nice fella though

h
VoivodFan
Member # 8

posted November 08, 2002 09:56     Profile for h   Email h     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I saw that episode of the tube. I remember getting all pissed off 'cause the presenter (Jools Holland) made some sarcastic anti-metal comments. I was about 12 at the time so I took it personally! I still don't like the smarmy prick. He has some good stuff on his new show now and again though.
Emlyn K Helicopter
VoivodFan
Member # 44

posted November 08, 2002 10:25     Profile for Emlyn K Helicopter   Email Emlyn K Helicopter     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Thor! wow, anyone seen his movie 'Edge Of Hell'? I watched it on acid, twice in a row.

This was the episode of The Tube where Thor blew up a hot water bottle (his stage trick) but when it exploded it went backwards, rupturing one of his lungs. He looked really metal and angry when it happened and everyone thought he was just being a viking about it, but no, he needed to go to hospital. Meanwhile, and this is live TV, behind him two blokes in the crowd start fighting, for real.

Top telly moment, that. Don't remember Venom on it though, but I must have been...oooh..a young'an then.

Nuclear Vampire
VoivodFan
Member # 20

posted November 08, 2002 22:44     Profile for Nuclear Vampire   Email Nuclear Vampire     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Venom fucking rule! I met them back on April 9th, 1985 in front of Eatons department store. Yes, I'm a geek - I remember the date. They were supposed to do an autograph session at this shitty little record shop and a few guys (like me) showed up and were turned away after being told "Venom left for Saskatoon". Fuck.
I'm walking back to the bus stop, with my head hanging low and my copy of Canadian Assault when 2 friends of mine come running out of Eatons! They saw me and were yelling "Venom! Fucking Venom!" Then Cronos, Mantas and Abaddon come walking out of the store. My jaw hit the fucking sidewalk. About 10 of us went up to them and got autographs, made small talk. I was so stunned at seeing them I don't think I said much. Cronos was checking out my Canadian Asault before he signed it. Looked like he'd never seen it before! They were really friendly guys, all smiles and shit.

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan