my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » What bands are you getting into lately? (Page 2)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2 

Author Topic: What bands are you getting into lately?
schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted November 26, 2002 08:07     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
MEZCAL, I personally give you the award for MOST OPEN MINDED MUSIC LOVER...your listening pleasures are all over the place!!!

George Jones to Death Metal fuck man...you are one bizarre person...congratulations!!!

|  IP: Logged
Nuclear Vampire
VoivodFan
Member # 20

posted November 26, 2002 10:01     Profile for Nuclear Vampire   Email Nuclear Vampire     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Fuckin Moser...I don't know what to say. These Ani DiFranco fans really know how to get under my skin.

Back to topic: I ve been listening to a band called Rage and I really like their stuff. Anybody else heard them? They're sort of traditional/thrash from Germany. http://www.rage-on.de/

Oh, and the new Shania Twain really rocks my country. She's like the most talented artist to ever come out of Canada. She writes songs I can relate to.

Just kidding.

Marginal
VoivodFan
Member # 116

posted November 26, 2002 15:19     Profile for Marginal   Email Marginal     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Next weekend , i'll get the album '' You all look the same to me '' from Archive . The song '' again '' is damn hot IMO . I agree with critics when they say that Archive is what you get when you mix some pink floyd with some radiohead . but it's still original imo .
guidon
VoivodFan
Member # 137

posted November 26, 2002 16:11     Profile for guidon   Email guidon     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I disagree with the Shania Twain-comment... Everyone knows Bryan Adams is the best thing to come out of Canada. She's better looking though.
Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted November 26, 2002 17:29     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by schroeder:
MEZCAL, I personally give you the award for MOST OPEN MINDED MUSIC LOVER...your listening pleasures are all over the place!!!

George Jones to Death Metal fuck man...you are one bizarre person...congratulations!!!

Much thanks Schroeder! I'll accept that award and drink a beer to your health(kicks one back). You can listen to many different types of music but there has to be some time to adjust to such massive leaps like I make. For instance, from the time I woke up this morning to the moment I left I was blasting Entombed. When I got in my car I turned the key and I had Cal Smith(leader of the Texas Troubadors-Ernest Tubb's backup band in the 50's)playing. Now that was a difficult. I couldn't make that switch I must admit so ol'Cal had to be cut off as I sat in silence still recovering from Entombed.

Hey, NucV, what Entombed album should I get next? Wolverine Blues???

I can't get enough of this Children of Bodom. The mighty Serpent sent me three albums by them. I think they're far above Arch Enemy. Tight fucking band.

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted November 26, 2002 17:56     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Nuclear Vampire:

Back to topic: I ve been listening to a band called Rage and I really like their stuff. Anybody else heard them? They're sort of traditional/thrash from Germany. http://www.rage-on.de/

I used to love RAGE a long time ago and still spin their cds once and a while.
I have:
SECRETS IN A WEIRD WORLD
PERFECT MAN
REFLECTIONS OF A SHADOW
INVISIBLE HORIZONS (3 track promo cd)

They were more unique tahn most bands in the 80's and Peavey has a distint voice...kinda like the German version of Belanger (Snake).

What do recommend getting, since I haven't bought anything from them since 1990. Do they still sound the same?

Skul
VoivodFan
Member # 19

posted November 26, 2002 18:00     Profile for Skul   Email Skul     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Get the newer RAGE releases starting with 1993's The Missing Link. The style is a little different than the happy-sounding 80,s records. Still just as melodic, tho. Just better

Another good one is the XIII album from '98.. they've been toying with orchestras for a few years (before Tallica did it), and XIII was the apex of that experimentation. Good record. But the Missink Link blows it away!

Greg Gloomp
VoivodFan
Member # 29

posted November 26, 2002 18:17     Profile for Greg Gloomp   Email Greg Gloomp     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Mez,I'd recommend Entombed: Wolverine Blues and their last one, Morning Star. IMO it's the best thing they've done since WB.

I've been into High On Fire: Surrounded By Thieves (this album beats you death), Immortal: Sons Of Northern Darkness and Immolation: Close To A World Below on a recommendation from a friend and I can't wait to pick up Unholy Cult.
Someone sent me some Fuzzy Duck, Leafhound, Incredible Hog, Warpig and some of the most fucked up stuff I've heard, MAGMA!
I've also been getting into Hobbs Angel Of Death: s/t from '88, Bloodlust: Terminal Velocity and Wargasm: Suicide Notes.

Nuclear Vampire
VoivodFan
Member # 20

posted November 26, 2002 22:46     Profile for Nuclear Vampire   Email Nuclear Vampire     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Schroeder: I've been listening to Unity (their latest out on Steamhammer) and a few tracks from The Missing Link that I downloaded off Winmx. Great stuff. Unity fuckin' kills! I had no idea how many albums these guys had! I'm gonna need a second job to pay for all the fuckin' CDs I want! I'm actually very surprised I didn't hear about these guys a long time ago.

Mezcalhead: I'm gonna agree with Greg Gloomp and say Wolverine Blues and Morning Star. Wolverine Blues is simply amazing. One of the best albums of 1993 for sure.

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted November 27, 2002 06:00     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Thanks for the help with RAGE. I checked out their site yesterday and listened to some songs and watched the video...I'm hooked again...time to go shopping

All times are ET
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2 

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan