my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » what music you play endlessly in the car ?? (Page 1)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2

Author Topic: what music you play endlessly in the car ??
pppaaaüüülll
VoivodFan
Member # 13

posted November 05, 2002 14:45     Profile for pppaaaüüülll   Email pppaaaüüülll     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hi, i wonder if you and what music you guys play while driving your car.... It might be a silly question however, i play some tapes on and on and on. they are:

War and Pain, i do not think the tape will last very much longer but when it dies i'll have to buy a cd-player.

S.O.D. Speak english or die.

Gorefest live at the Dynamo in '95. Briljant live show, does anybody knows this concert??

Paul

|  IP: Logged
Delightful Little Capuchin Monkey
VoivodFan
Member # 65

posted November 05, 2002 15:09     Profile for Delightful Little Capuchin Monkey   Email Delightful Little Capuchin Monkey     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
In my car right now:

Voivod - Dimension Hatross
Voivod - Angel Rat demos
Shudder to Think - Pony Express Record
Cheap Trick - All Shook Up
Metallica - ...And Justice for All
Queensryche - Operation: Mindcrime
Beatles - Let it Be

K
VoivodFan
Member # 6

posted November 05, 2002 15:31     Profile for K   Email K     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Black Sabbath - Born Again

Motorhead - Bomber

Testament - The Gathering

Hangnail - Clouds in the Head

((( Ocasionally i play:

Jethro Tull - Benefit

Cro Mags - Best Wishes

Voivod - Outer Limits

AngelRat
VoivodFan
Member # 88

posted November 05, 2002 16:33     Profile for AngelRat   Email AngelRat     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I have no car.

On my walkman while sitting in the train nowadays:
-The Gathering - Black Light District
-Voivod - Nothingface & The Outer Limits
-Cathedral - The Seventh Coming
-Mogwai - My Father My King
-Masters Of Reality - Welcome To The Western Lodge

guidon
VoivodFan
Member # 137

posted November 05, 2002 18:08     Profile for guidon   Email guidon     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Some haven't even left the cd-changer in years:

Carcass : Necrotism - Descanting the Insalubrious
Voivod : Killing Technology
Napalm Death : Utopia Banished
Queensr˙che : Rage for Order

2scared2scream
VoivodFan
Member # 77

posted November 05, 2002 18:18     Profile for 2scared2scream   Email 2scared2scream     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
no car-can't drive, BUT Trouble is pretty good driving music! Nothing too slow though, there IS a minimum speed limit!
X-D
VoivodFan
Member # 3

posted November 05, 2002 19:02     Profile for X-D   Email X-D     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yeah, I mostly listen to faster/heavier shit in the car than I do around the house or at work.

Lately I've been spinning these:
- The Haunted: The Haunted Made Me Do It
- Sacred Reich: Ignorance/Surf Nicaragua (combo cd I made from my records )
- Kreator: Cause For Conflict
- Voivod: Phobos (this has actually been pretty much a constant since it came out in 97)
- Voivod: Dimension Hatross (always!)
- Coroner: latey, any and all albums have been making the rotation!

BlackCloud
VoivodFan
Member # 122

posted November 05, 2002 19:07     Profile for BlackCloud   Email BlackCloud     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Kane:
In my car right now:

Shudder to Think - Pony Express Record

A fucking "awesome" album..the "drums" sound amazing don't they?

Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted November 05, 2002 19:38     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
In my corolla: Some Dead bootleg from the later period when they were all fat, rich, anc couldn't play for shit. Also one of the Pearl Ham albums.
In my ranger(that's Ford truck power baby!): two tapes ride with me all the time- A George Jones compilation "I stopped off at the Quick Sack for some beer and cigarettes......" Damn he can sing. And a tape that's half early Jane's Addiction and the other Dinosaur Jr- Mascis rules!

Nuclear Vampire
VoivodFan
Member # 20

posted November 05, 2002 20:10     Profile for Nuclear Vampire   Email Nuclear Vampire     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
So Mezcal, we both drive Corollas! What year is yours? Mine's a 2001. It's a 4 door (easier to get the kid in and out than our Cavalier which we traded in for this one).

I usually listen to heavier stuff in the car too. Some driving tunes I never tire of:

Dimmu Borgir - Puritanical...
Cradle Of Filth - Bitter Suites...
Nile - ITDS or BSOV
Darkane - Insanity or Expanding Senses
Nuclear Assault - Handle With Care
In Flames - Colony or Reroute...
The Haunted - MMDI or s/t
Voivod - KT and TOL are good driving albums

and of course some more traditional stuff that makes for good driving tunes:

Judas Priest - Ram It Down or Painkiller
Iron Maiden - Killers
Iced Earth - The Dark Saga or Horror Show

That's the stuff I usually play.

Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted November 05, 2002 20:17     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Its either a 92 or 94. Has an "awesome" two speaker stereo system in it. Who needs surround sound anyway? Thankful she at least has air conditioning.
Väinämöinen
VoivodFan
Member # 27

posted November 06, 2002 04:55     Profile for Väinämöinen   Email Väinämöinen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
These have been in rotation lately:

Testament - The Gathering
Voivod - DH
Voivod - TOL
Cathedral - Endtyme (I got to get that new album too!)
The Gathering - Mandylion
Black Sabbath - Best of (metal-is records)
Monster Magnet - Superjudge

The Neverman
VoivodFan
Member # 4

posted November 06, 2002 05:10     Profile for The Neverman   Email The Neverman     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
cool topic indeed Paul!
there are a few tapes which have been in my car for sooo long, getting heavy rotation... each in turn depending on the mood, these are:
VOIVOD - Dimension Hatröss
NOCTURNUS - The Key / Threshlods
SACRAMENTUM - Far Away From the Sun
VOIVOD - Angel Rat
VOIVOD - The Outer Limits
VOIVOD - Negatron
VENOM - Possessed

Helldriver
VoivodFan
Member # 46

posted November 06, 2002 05:25     Profile for Helldriver   Email Helldriver     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I made several custom audio CD for the stereo of my car and these obviously include all these bands :
Voivod - Celtic Frost - Carnivore - Bathory - Iron Maiden - Slayer - Dimmu Borgir - Dri - Sod - Atrox - Nuclear Assault
Rigor Mortis - Faith no more

h
VoivodFan
Member # 8

posted November 06, 2002 05:29     Profile for h   Email h     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Blackcloud of Deicide:

A fucking "awesome" album..the "drums" sound amazing don't they?

I'm with you there, man. I love this record. It's one of the few non-heavy things I listen to. They sound so unique on this record. I'm not so impressed by their other stuff though.

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted November 06, 2002 06:05     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
When I play the following cds in my truck I have a hard time NOT taking them out for something else:
VOIVOD: DH, TOL, AR, NF
KING CRIMSON: RED, HAPPY WITH WHAT YOU HAVE TO BE HAPPY WITH (perfect length for the ride to work)
PORCUPINE TREE: IN ABSENTIA, RECORDINGS, STUPID DREAM
TOMAHAWK: TOMAHAWK
FAITH NO MORE: KING FOR A DAY, ALBUM OF THE YEAR
NEIL FINN: TRY WHISTLING THIS

these are the ones I can easily listen to over and over and over again (depending on my mood).

Slaytanic
VoivodFan
Member # 28

posted November 06, 2002 08:21     Profile for Slaytanic   Email Slaytanic     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Lately, it has been, all the way, DIE TOTEN HOSEN - Learning English Lesson One. It always makes me happy...

Ronald Biggs even sings on one tune! Can't get any better...

Skul
VoivodFan
Member # 19

posted November 06, 2002 11:38     Profile for Skul   Email Skul     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
There's three tapes that i carry in the car lately...

Flotsam & Jetsam - Drift

Wrathchild America - Climbing the Walls

and some homemade mix with anything from Thin Lizzy to Nina Hagen on it, including Venom.

prozak
unregistered

posted November 06, 2002 12:14       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Voivod - War and Pain
Incantation - Onward to Golgotha
Infester - to the Depths...
Deicide - Legion
Morbid Angel - Altars of Madness
Slayer - anything before RiB, SoH
Darkthrone - Transylvanian Hunger
Mayhem - De Mysteriis
Yes - Close to the Edge
Mozart - 37, 39
Squarepusher - Feed me Weird Things
Skrewdriver - comp
Exploited - comp
Discharge - Hear Nothing, See Nothing, Say Nothing
Absurd - Asgardsrei

IP: Logged
Juan87
VoivodFan
Member # 87

posted November 07, 2002 01:14     Profile for Juan87   Email Juan87     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Skulhed:
There's three tapes that i carry in the car lately...

Flotsam & Jetsam - Drift

and some homemade mix with anything from Thin Lizzy to Nina Hagen on it, including Venom.

Nina Hagen is HOT! I just know her from KMFDM (Symbols) and Adios. I like Dorona better tho...
I don't have a car either (but I'm convinced I know how to drive, my fuckd up friends always get me to drive their car), but I've been listening to Phobos and TOL (Time Warp through We're Not Alone) every morning when I wake up for the past week.
Speaking of chick singers, what's up with Swans? I want to meet Jarboe. I wander if Away knows these people? NYC
If he knows JGT then he probably knows them. Young Gods rock! Here's a link if anyone's interested
/SWANS\, check out the gallery, Jarboe's been known to be unclothed

Pup
VoivodFan
Member # 124

posted November 07, 2002 04:29     Profile for Pup   Email Pup     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
IT DEPENDS WHO'S DRIVING !!!!!

If my missus is at the wheel I get
Tori Amos, PJ harvey, Bjork etc (all well and good when you are in that easy mood)

However given the chance the atmos changes ever so slightly:

'Vod - anything that's at hand

Metallica - Garage revisited (love "Whiskey")

Death - Spiritual Healing (mad solo's)

Primus - Punchbowl (Wynona's got herself a big brown JAIL SENTENCE FOR SHOPLIFTING)

Steve Vai - Passion and Warfare (big old slice of cheese but a true masterpiece at the time)

Slayer - Decade of Destruction (Waaaaaarrrrrrrrrrr Ennnnnnnnsembleeeeeeee)

It's all good

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted November 07, 2002 07:57     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Skulhed:

YEAH another WRATHCHILD AMERICA fan!!!!

Did you follow them when they changed their name to SOULS AT ZERO??? They put out some great material, and were totally underrated. They should have been HUGE, but I guess it was "wrong place, wrong time, wrong lable, not enough promotion"
They always put on a great show and I saw them everytime they played around the Baltimore area...I greatly miss these guys, and wish they would reform and put out new music.

Skul
VoivodFan
Member # 19

posted November 07, 2002 09:33     Profile for Skul   Email Skul     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
No man i didnt follow them when they changed their name, simply cuz i wasnt aware of it until a few years later, and i never even seen the S.A.Z. albums. I'll definately check 'em out when i get the chance. I love Wrathchild. Sometime people get bent outta shape over the fact that Voivod covered Floyd flawlessly, but they werent the only ones... Wrathchild deserve alot of credit for their incredible version of "Time", too.

Two days 'til Black Cloud... tick tock...tick tock.... tick tock... tick tock...

Slaytanic
VoivodFan
Member # 28

posted November 07, 2002 15:41     Profile for Slaytanic   Email Slaytanic     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Pup:
Tori Amos (well and good when you are in that easy mood)

No. I can't forgive Tori for ruining Raining Blood.

Never.

Emlyn K Helicopter
VoivodFan
Member # 44

posted November 07, 2002 17:59     Profile for Emlyn K Helicopter   Email Emlyn K Helicopter     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Aye - it was fuckin' shite. Give me Kate Bush any day.

I don't drive yet, but next year I'm getting a Mini and I'm gonna fill it to the roof with fuckin' Priest!! A little Metalmobile!

Does anyone know where I can get a little plastic skull to put on my gearstick?

All times are ET
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan