my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » Newbie

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Newbie
jammindude
Junior VoivodFan
Member # 141

posted November 05, 2002 02:32     Profile for jammindude   Email jammindude     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I've been out of the loop tooooo long.

I got into Voivod early...(I had W&P and Rrroooaaarrr when they first came out, and went to the CF/VV/RW show in Seattle on the R tour) then I got into some other stuff, only to discover KT and DH later....(I was totally addicted to DH when it came out) I remember buying Nothingface when it came out, and thinking how different it was....VV has truly been a band that has been diverse..

Only heard bits of AR, but loved it....always WANTED to hear OL, but couldn't seem to get my hands on it so I never got the chance....had Negatron for awhile, but I was a little luke warm on it...(Eric's vocals were 'ok' but.....Snake was.......distinctive.....not easily replaced.)

Hadn't heard out of the boys for a long time...til just the other night when I pulled out my DH on VINYL and was jamming out to it.....I forgot how much I LOVE that album....

That got me curious enough to scope the WWW for them, and lo and behold.....THEY'RE BACK.....And WITH JASON NEWKID of all people.... This is going to be exciting...seems like my timing is right on for once....

Anyway...this is a really cool sight...so my compliments to the moderator...

..one thing though... (sorry if this sounds nitpickey) I was checking out the tour dates (the Nothingface tour with Soundgarden to be exact) I was at that Seattle show, and I *KNOW* that it was on Sat 2/24/1990....not only do I still have the ticket stub, but it was a wedding present for my first wife......we were married on the 23rd, and the concert was the next day....

(normally one wouldn't bother to remember such things about an EX wife, but she got so MAD that on our 1 year anniversary I told her that our wedding day was the 24th, and she got mad because I remembered the SG/VV concert more than I remembered our wedding......Boy...I never forgot THAT again...."wedding on the 23rd, concert on the 24th.....") LOL

|  IP: Logged
Väinämöinen
VoivodFan
Member # 27

posted November 05, 2002 05:00     Profile for Väinämöinen   Email Väinämöinen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by jammindude:
[...]and she got mad because I remembered the SG/VV concert more than I remembered our wedding.....

First things first, eh?

Welcome to this great forum! Cheers!

h
VoivodFan
Member # 8

posted November 05, 2002 05:11     Profile for h   Email h     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Welcome back to the wasteland of the Ice Warriors!!! Your timing is perfect (like this sub-effect...) as you catch up with the band at a very exciting time. We're all stoked at the idea of a new record with Snake back in the folds.
You gotta pick up The Outer Limits though. It's a great record. It's always on sale on ebay for a decent price.
Great story about the wife! I wish I had such a cool method of remembering my anniversary!!!

Juan87
VoivodFan
Member # 87

posted November 05, 2002 06:07     Profile for Juan87   Email Juan87     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Pleased to cyber-meet you, Jammindude! Welcome aboard the coolest forum in the world (wide web).
Looks like you've known Voivod for a long time. It's OK that you stopped listening to them for a while, it's the fact that you started again that counts !
Funny story about the EX, I'm going to make sure that my future wife likes Voivod at least half as much as I do
You're going to like it here, everyone is First Class Cool.
See YA!(or you're typing at least)

Helldriver
VoivodFan
Member # 46

posted November 05, 2002 07:41     Profile for Helldriver   Email Helldriver     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Welcome aboard jammindude!!!
I also come with my girlfriend (I don't know if it's the exact term but I think you understand) in the day of the negatron concert here in Italy, same date easy to remember...

K
VoivodFan
Member # 6

posted November 05, 2002 08:13     Profile for K   Email K     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Welcome to the Forum, Jammin!

Be sure to check out the Voivod Session Diaries on theyre Recording progress out in California.
Start at the bottom of the Page & work your way up...that way you will get it all in order.
http://www.chophouserecords.com/diaries/vv_diary.htm

Be sure to come back here & tell us what you think!

Once again...Welcome aboard!

Nuclear Vampire
VoivodFan
Member # 20

posted November 05, 2002 09:28     Profile for Nuclear Vampire   Email Nuclear Vampire     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Welcome aboard! What took ya so long?
J/K.
Great story about the EX. My wife and I got hitched in Las Vegas and the day after I took us to WCW Halloween Havoc! I always have to stop myself from saying the wrong date!

nia
VoivodFan
Member # 9

posted November 05, 2002 11:49     Profile for nia   Email nia     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Oh yeah, that pic's from back in the day when Blacky was dating boys. hee hee heeee
Pup
VoivodFan
Member # 124

posted November 05, 2002 14:18     Profile for Pup   Email Pup     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
welcome Jammin'

"that's one more of us and one less of them"

Nuff said

AngelRat
VoivodFan
Member # 88

posted November 05, 2002 16:38     Profile for AngelRat   Email AngelRat     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hello and welcome.
Let the Mercury flow and beware of the serpents (ever closing in...)

manipulator
VoivodFan
Member # 12

posted November 05, 2002 17:34     Profile for manipulator   Email manipulator     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
lol Nia ! someone post that picture of him sitting on Arraya's lap. It was a back cover of Kerrang or sumtin' classic!
X-D
VoivodFan
Member # 3

posted November 05, 2002 18:07     Profile for X-D   Email X-D     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
All I can say is it's a good thing that guitar is there or Blacky's hand would be in a somewhat questionable position... yikes!

LOL! That FNM guy's got some fuckin' frizzy hair!

jammindude
Junior VoivodFan
Member # 141

posted November 05, 2002 22:43     Profile for jammindude   Email jammindude     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Thank you all for the warm welcome..

I tend to lurk more than I post (I'm actually very talkitive....it's just more of a TIME issue)

But rest assured I'll be here, and I do speak my mind when the urge (and the time) strikes..

Thanks again for all the welcomes!! Cool place..

Have to go see if I can go find my old copy of KT now....

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan