my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » Iron Maiden - Rock In Rio

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Iron Maiden - Rock In Rio
Nuclear Vampire
VoivodFan
Member # 20

posted November 02, 2002 16:29     Profile for Nuclear Vampire   Email Nuclear Vampire     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Iron Maiden's Rock In Rio is going to be on Much More Music on Sunday night (8pm Eastern I believe) and I'm really looking forward to it. I haven't seen it yet, and am considering buying it.
I don't own any DVD's yet. I've had a player since last year but I just can't bring myself to buy any movies/videos for some reason. Probably 'cause I don't have time to watch them, anyways (1 1/2 year old kids keep ya kinda busy )
There's a few DVD's (from bands) that I really want:

Iron Maiden - Rock In Rio
Judas Priest - Live At Brixton
Dimmu Borgir - World Misanthropy
Tool - Salival
Black Sabbath/B.O.C. - Black And Blue

And of course any DVD Voivod made would be in my possession the day it hit stores.

|  IP: Logged
Tangento
VoivodFan
Member # 117

posted November 02, 2002 22:15     Profile for Tangento   Email Tangento     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Ahhh nice to see another BÖC fan here!
This one just came out, and is supposed to be KILLER: (click it)

~Dizbusters Anonymous

Skul
VoivodFan
Member # 19

posted November 02, 2002 22:18     Profile for Skul   Email Skul     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Why a Voivod DVD? I already own all the footage already :P
schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted November 03, 2002 05:54     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
The ONLY DVDs I buy are concert/music DVDs, since I rarely watch any movie more than once, but with the music you can pop 'em in whenever you want to hear and see you favorite band.

The BLACK & BLUE dvd is delayed for some reason and I'm not sure of the new release date. I still haven't watched all of ROCK IN RIO but what I've seen and heard (great in surround sound) is killer. I can't wait to watch the BOC dvd and the YES with SYMPHONY dvd that I just got...but I don't have much time between the job and house work.

The TOOL is great just because of the videos, but it would have been better if there was some live material on it. Another fav is KING CRIMSON 'DEJA VROOOM' which is fuckin loaded with features and amazing 5.1 sound. On one track you can pick any one of the 6 members and put them in the center channel and the rest of the band plays 'around' him!!! Also a feature called 21 Century Schizoid Band that lets you pick differnt members from the bands complete career and have the play with other members from a different era to create a different version of the song...this is an audio mix feature that shows visuals while you listen to your choice.

Juan87
VoivodFan
Member # 87

posted November 03, 2002 08:09     Profile for Juan87   Email Juan87     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Re: KC DVD
Are you fucking kidding Schroeder?? That sounds awesome!! I don't have a DVD player but if you can do shit like that, I'll buy one just to mess around with it. I'm with you too on only buying music DVDs too, I'll only buy a movie if it's one of my favorite or is a must have.

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted November 03, 2002 18:17     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Would I lie to a feloow Vodhead? NO, of course not. The Crimson dvd is the reason I had to buy a dvd player and actually my first player was the one on my computer that I had my friend building for me at the time. I told him I had to have a dvd drive on it so I could watch the DEJA VROOOM dvd that I had bought. Then after buying one and hooking it up into my tv and surround sound it took on a whole new life. You will not want to watch another vhs tape after watching dvd!!!

I had a chance before work to watch BOC play LIPS IN THE HILLS off their new dvd and it fuckin SMOKED!!!

Another fav dvd is the Neil Finn'Sessions at West 54th' and '7 Worlds Collide' both are incredible...great songwritting and great performances.

DEEP PURPLE has released some dvds worth getting:'Perihelion' Total Abandon Australia 99' and 'Bombay Calling'. These are all with Steve Morse on guitar, and the band is incredible.

Don't forget to get COC 'Live Volume' and play it LOUD...killer sound and the band is tight.

The only movie I own is AKIRA which is definitley worth watching more than once for the awesome animation and demented story.

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan