my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » Death by Motorhead

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Death by Motorhead
Pup
VoivodFan
Member # 124

posted October 29, 2002 04:24     Profile for Pup   Email Pup     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hi all

Well I finally recovered from the Motorhead / Anthrax / Hawkwind affair at Wembley. I was the idiot up front surfin the crown in my newrocks and voivod too scared to scream paint job leather. I only got hello's from 'vod 2 people who spotted the jacket - both girls !! Anyways, some Punk up the front row let me finish a half bottle of water off, which I later found out after a hospital tox screen was laced with kettamin !!! (A horse tranquilizer apparently) This put me in hospital for 2 days after the gig with really bad dehydration. Nice eh? Learn something new everyday. Still it was a monster gig. To be caught in a mosh again was trippy !!! If anyone else went and took pics - please let me have a look. Next up - Papa Roach and Murderdolls in London 7th Nov. Maybe see you there? (P.S. dont drink the water !!!!)

|  IP: Logged
Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted October 29, 2002 04:43     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Shit, that was a hell of a show Pup! Man, English chicks are cool. Recognizing VV? I bet you couldn't find more than ten over here in the entire USofA that'd recognize them. If that! Next time, bring your own water, ha, ha!
Pup
VoivodFan
Member # 124

posted October 29, 2002 04:53     Profile for Pup   Email Pup     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yeah man, the english chicks rock hard. I saw at least four in the pit during Motorhead's version of God save the Queen. I'm originally from Edinburgh, Scotland but my Goth Wife is English.

I have been to gigs in the US, Japan and all over Europe. I still think the UK fans make the best pit and I still think, despite the weather, the Castle Donnington remains the ultimate home of metal.

Mind you, CBGB'S must be the original heart of the US scene?

Juan87
VoivodFan
Member # 87

posted October 29, 2002 05:20     Profile for Juan87   Email Juan87     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Pup:...Did you say Ketamine? It's used to anesthetize cats before surgery. It has a low toxicity, but I can believe the dehydration part! Causes disassociation of the mind and body, simply meaning the spine is temporarily disconnected and you don't know where your head from your ass is. Can cause near-death experiences and mind-blowing illusions. Aliens have been known to communicate
Glad you're OK dude! (or are you?...)
***Disclaimer***
I wouldn't advise anyone to touch the stuff (unless you are a cat)

Pup
VoivodFan
Member # 124

posted October 29, 2002 05:26     Profile for Pup   Email Pup     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
that's the puppy !!!!!

No wonder I was screwed. Yeah, I'm fine now. I'm not anti-drugs. I have no problem with freedom of choice. I was a little miffed though at not having that choice, but I dont hold it against the guy, I dont think it was malicious.

Still my life has been worthwhile if only to serve as a warning to others

h
VoivodFan
Member # 8

posted October 29, 2002 07:02     Profile for h   Email h     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Damn! Wish I went to this gig now! I couldn't make it due to my being shit! I've heard good reports though. Emlyn was even stagediving! I guess he was on the 'water' too! Go Helicopter!
neutrino
VoivodFan
Member # 22

posted October 29, 2002 07:03     Profile for neutrino   Email neutrino     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
hi, I'm going to their show today in Paris (Motorhead/Anthrax + 2 guests, couldn't find who)
I've seen both several times already, but it's gonna be fun!
at the same location of my first (and memorable) Motorhead concert - Le Zenith '88, when there was no sound volume limitation - and it was fuckin LOUD ! (I've been hearing sirens for 24 hours after the show...)

uh, that's scary, ketamine? I've heard you can be really sick with that stuff...
I won't drink anything from punks, I swear!

NPL : HAMMERED !

Pup
VoivodFan
Member # 124

posted October 29, 2002 08:34     Profile for Pup   Email Pup     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Listen - the whole punk thing was cool. I have no real issues with the whole "spiked water" thing - it was just bad judgement on my behalf. They are our allies and all acted most excellently in the pit. The London gig had a crossover of Punk, oldie metalheads, a few goths and mainly thrashers (probably for the Anthrax kick). If Mr. Helicopter was at London stagediving, how did you miss me???? I had THE ONLY voivod leather on the planet!!! I was crowd surfin all the way through Anthrax and "bounce...pogo pogo pogo...jump...pogo pogo pogo'ing" through Motorhead right to the death. Shame bout Hawkwind and did I see mr (crazy world of) Arthur Brown onstage??? Top gig.
Emlyn K Helicopter
VoivodFan
Member # 44

posted October 29, 2002 13:45     Profile for Emlyn K Helicopter   Email Emlyn K Helicopter     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Pup! I did see you, dude! I jabbed at the back of your jacket in the pit and screamed:

"FUCKING VOIIIIIIIOOOOOOOOOODDDDDDD!!!!!!!!"

..and you said something completely unintelligable and scowled. I figured it wouldn't be you, Pup since we'd already said we'd see each other. This was about four songs before the encore.

But the Ketamine thing ties into this perfectly, it was a nasty ketamine face you pulled, mate! I've seen it before...

So, I saw you but you didn't see me. Maybe you saw a whole load of oscillating me's, I dunno..glad to hear you're still alive.

RE: Anthrax solos - the only ones I remember were the extra ones the new guy put into 'Bring the Noise', but I was too busy getting the fucking hell out of the hall and into the bar area. There is no excuse for rap, ever. If I want racial harmony I'll by a Benetton polo-neck.

Pup
VoivodFan
Member # 124

posted October 30, 2002 03:54     Profile for Pup   Email Pup     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Dude - that actually rings a bell !!!!!

Maybe next time? Soz matey

Juan87
VoivodFan
Member # 87

posted October 31, 2002 00:33     Profile for Juan87   Email Juan87     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Emlyn K Helicopter:
Pup! I did see you, dude! I jabbed at the back of your jacket in the pit and screamed:

"FUCKING VOIIIIIIIOOOOOOOOOODDDDDDD!!!!!!!!"

..and you said something completely unintelligable and scowled. I figured it wouldn't be you, Pup since we'd already said we'd see each other. This was about four songs before the encore.

But the Ketamine thing ties into this perfectly, it was a nasty ketamine face you pulled, mate! I've seen it before...

So, I saw you but you didn't see me. Maybe you saw a whole load of oscillating me's, I dunno..glad to hear you're still alive.

So Emlyn, is that what the
"K" stands for??LOL

Pup
VoivodFan
Member # 124

posted October 31, 2002 04:41     Profile for Pup   Email Pup     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Now, that's funny
Emlyn K Helicopter
VoivodFan
Member # 44

posted October 31, 2002 04:42     Profile for Emlyn K Helicopter   Email Emlyn K Helicopter     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
No fucking way does it stand for Ketamine! Thats bad shit, man - don't go there!

Having said that, I'm mates with a Vet who can get boxes of the stuff if ever I change my mind. A box of ketamine imagine! It would be like the red pill in The Matrix, forcing me into another plane of existence for ever!

The K stands for Kill, as in Satan Death Kill, as in: http://www.mp3.com/satandeathkill

I abbreviate it because it is bad karma.

Pup
VoivodFan
Member # 124

posted October 31, 2002 06:26     Profile for Pup   Email Pup     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
take it from a guy who has dabbled in most

It's not big and not clever for sure

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan