my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » Completely Useless Trainspotters Voivod Fact #1 (Page 2)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2 

Author Topic: Completely Useless Trainspotters Voivod Fact #1
Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted November 11, 2002 18:35     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
So when are we gonna hear this interpretation?

BTW, who the hell is Gary Numan?

|  IP: Logged
Emlyn K Helicopter
VoivodFan
Member # 44

posted November 12, 2002 03:54     Profile for Emlyn K Helicopter   Email Emlyn K Helicopter     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
a: my singers coming round this weekend, with my soldering iron to fix my tele. It'll be mixed and ready by Monday. I'll see if I can put it onto my site, if not then it'll have to go through the 3 month mp3.com process.

b: WHAT?!?! http://www.numan.co.uk

manipulator
VoivodFan
Member # 12

posted November 12, 2002 18:37     Profile for manipulator   Email manipulator     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
hey, mr. 'copter, you can sign-up there:
www.dancetech.com

lo-fi streaming only, but no hassle whatsoever!

mp3.cum sucks smelly donkey balls

best regards ;)

Emlyn K Helicopter
VoivodFan
Member # 44

posted November 12, 2002 18:50     Profile for Emlyn K Helicopter   Email Emlyn K Helicopter     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
"mp3.cum sucks smelly donkey balls"

I know, mate, but I've had it sussed over there for a couple of years now. Some new artists mistake it for a way of making money or making their band 'bigger', when this patently ain't gonna happen.

But as a depository that makes your tracks instantly, reliably and easily accessable to the most amount of people, it wins hands down.

I'm not saying this because I make any money (in fact they owe me about $100...) but I've tried a load of others and its simply the most user-friendly, IMO.

Not sure about Dancetech. I don't know which Flava/Genre I can cram my 'traditional heavy metal with a classical flavour' into -

Goa or Deep-Beat.

Fuck, they even have Prog-House! What the fuck does that sound like? Early Genesis mixed with 2-Unlimited? Time to choke on your own vomit, folks!

manipulator
VoivodFan
Member # 12

posted November 12, 2002 19:23     Profile for manipulator   Email manipulator     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
raw songs
Tangento
VoivodFan
Member # 117

posted November 12, 2002 20:30     Profile for Tangento   Email Tangento     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I have been trying to trace the Gary Numan reference on this thread, with no luck.
The guy has some insanely cool music, and I highly recommend Telekon as a place to begin.
This is a phenomemal album of moody, synth-tronic music with many strange melodic excursions.

(by the way, he is the guy that wrote the early MTV/ KROQ hit "Cars",
which Fear Factory later covered with his help)

Emlyn K Helicopter
VoivodFan
Member # 44

posted November 13, 2002 03:44     Profile for Emlyn K Helicopter   Email Emlyn K Helicopter     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Tangento, your taste in music never fails to amaze me in its outright tastefulness! Telecon's a weird one, very hit and miss - I much prefer Replicas and The Pleasure Principle.
The Neverman
VoivodFan
Member # 4

posted March 12, 2003 05:56     Profile for The Neverman   Email The Neverman     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by blacky:
so yep we did play forgotten in space.

and now that I do have a couple shows from this tour, I must say that Forgotten in Space was definitely part of the setlist :-)

...and This is not an Exercise! was even played live during this tour, plus Too Scared to Scream on some dates.

I wouldn't have expected so much!!!

wonder why the song(s) was/were left aside on the subsequent '87 european tour...

All times are ET
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2 

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan