my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » Voivod Quiz

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Voivod Quiz
Va¢ärmeS
VoivodFan
Member # 47

posted October 26, 2002 20:40     Profile for Va¢ärmeS   Email Va¢ärmeS     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hey,just for the fun of it, here's a quiz for all of you Voivod maniacs.
Test your skill!

1. Back in 1983, named the guys who sended the demo tape to Brian Slagel?
  2. The song "Fuck Off And Die" is dedicated to whom?
  3. Piggy and Blacky designed their guitars but who created it?
  4. In 1984, what's happened on september 11?
  5. Named the song who appeared on Metal Massacre V released in 1983?
  6. After his departure from Voivod, Blacky composed and produced soundtrack for a Vancouver dance company, named that troop?
  7. The sentences "Go Shit! I'm Not A Fish" came from what song?
  8. Who was the director of "Astronomy Domine" video clip?
  9. The band cancelled part of the "Dimension Hatross" tour, What's happened?
  10. Away already went on tour with Men Without Hats and played drums for them but he also played live for a couple of date with a NYHC band, named that band?
  11. Voivod's old friend and live soundman, he’s now working for Le Cirque Du Soleil?

Well, most of the answers appear somewhere on this site!!!
Good luck...
Complete answers will appear sooooooon!

|  IP: Logged
Slaytanic
VoivodFan
Member # 28

posted October 26, 2002 21:26     Profile for Slaytanic   Email Slaytanic     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Let's try...

quote:
Back in 1983, named the guys who sended the demo tape to Brian Slagel?

Err... The four Voivod guys?

quote:
The song "Fuck Off And Die" is dedicated to whom?

To their previous record label, Metal Blade.

quote:
Piggy and Blacky designed their guitars but who created it?

Piggy!

quote:
In 1984, what's happened on september 11?

I'm not searching through the site... I suppose that's the release date of War And Pain...

quote:
Named the song who appeared on Metal Massacre V released in 1983?

Condemned To The Gallows.

quote:
After his departure from Voivod, Blacky composed and produced soundtrack for a Vancouver dance company, name that troop?

Can't remember. Sorry, Blacky!

quote:
The sentences "Go Shit! I'm Not A Fish" came from what song?

Eh?

quote:
Who was the director of "Astronomy Domine" video clip?

Can't remember that one. Couldn't find the thread it was discussed as well...

quote:
The band cancelled part of the "Dimension Hatross" tour, What's happened?

Piggy was diagnosed with cancer.

quote:
Away already went on tour with Men Without Hats and played drums for them but he also played live for a couple of date with a NYHC band, name that band?

Don't have a single clue...

quote:
Voivod's old friend and live soundman, he’s now working for Le Cirque Du Soleil?

I really think I have to study some more...

Skul
VoivodFan
Member # 19

posted October 26, 2002 22:51     Profile for Skul   Email Skul     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Test your WHAT???? (skul)

You wanna test me? gimme money.

Skul
VoivodFan
Member # 19

posted October 26, 2002 22:59     Profile for Skul   Email Skul     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
1. Wayne Archibald
2. Metal Blade... and any other motherfuckers who fucked them over
3. Liberatore
4. War & Pain got released
5. Condemned to the Gallows
6. Uh... Holy Body Tattoo
7. Suck Your Bone. (enwèye.. suce!)
8. uh... Pierre Darpé? Anyways, someone from Pirate Films
9. Piggy's hypophesis tumor
10. ... no clue.. Feotus?
11. Mike Amstrad (spelling)

So like... what do i win?

X-D
VoivodFan
Member # 3

posted October 27, 2002 00:27     Profile for X-D   Email X-D     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Cool quiz!

Hey, add this one: Who is Mick Mustang?

Skul
VoivodFan
Member # 19

posted October 27, 2002 00:28     Profile for Skul   Email Skul     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by X-D:
Cool quiz!

Hey, add this one: Who is Mick Mustang?

That's the guy from man Without hats, man.. He sorta looks that like that Michel guy.. Uhm... Michel something... i think he drums for that canadian band there uhm.. Voidvod? Something like that..

nia
VoivodFan
Member # 9

posted October 27, 2002 00:54     Profile for nia   Email nia     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yeah, I'd use a pseudo too if I was drumming for Ivan, bwahahaha!

*sings* we can dance if we want to, we can leave your friends behind...cause your friends don't dance and if they don't dance, well they're are no friends of mine...

time to stop drinking huh?

P.S. it's Amstadt

Skul
VoivodFan
Member # 19

posted October 27, 2002 01:08     Profile for Skul   Email Skul     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Ivan DoroSUCKS!

"Pop Goes The World" still stands as the gayest thing i ever heard, ever, EVER! It made makin' a pop noise with your finger and mouth not-cool.

And thanks for the correction, mama! I cunt spell.

X-D
VoivodFan
Member # 3

posted October 27, 2002 01:28     Profile for X-D   Email X-D     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
LOL!

I have a hard one though (and I don't know the answer to this one)... A while back I remember reading something about Away playing on a Foetus record... anybody remember the title of this one?

Juan87
VoivodFan
Member # 87

posted October 27, 2002 01:00     Profile for Juan87   Email Juan87     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Vacarmes:
Hey,just for the fun of it, here's a quiz for all of you Voivod maniacs.
Test your skill!

1. Back in 1983, named the guys who sended the demo tape to Brian Slagel?
    A: Piggy, Away, Blacky, Snake
  2. The song "Fuck Off And Die" is dedicated to whom?
    A: Metal Blade Records
  3. Piggy and Blacky designed their guitars but who created it?
    A: Liberatore Guitars
  4. In 1984, what's happened on september 11?
    A: War and Pain terrorized the world
  5. Named the song who appeared on Metal Massacre V released in 1983?
    A: Condemned to the Gallows
  6. After his departure from Voivod, Blacky composed and produced soundtrack for a Vancouver dance company, named that troop?
    A: Holy Body Tattoo(?)
  7. The sentences "Go Shit! I'm Not A Fish" came from what song?
    A: Suck Your Bone!
  8. Who was the director of "Astronomy Domine" video clip?
    A: Stanley Kubrick?
  9. The band cancelled part of the "Dimension Hatross" tour, What's happened?
    A: Stuck in European country?
  10. Away already went on tour with Men Without Hats and played drums for them but he also played live for a couple of date with a NYHC band, named that band?
    A: Foetus?Young Gods?
  11. Voivod's old friend and live soundman, he’s now working for Le Cirque Du Soleil?
    A: Mike Ampstad

Well, most of the answers appear somewhere on this site!!!
Good luck...
Complete answers will appear sooooooon!

///\\\
I'm sure I totally fucked up but at least I didn't cheat

blacky
VoivodFan
Member # 2

posted October 27, 2002 12:30     Profile for blacky   Email blacky     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Finally a test I can pass
Slaytanic
VoivodFan
Member # 28

posted October 27, 2002 22:15     Profile for Slaytanic   Email Slaytanic     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by blacky:
Finally a test I can pass

Heeeeey, back off, nothing to see here!

neutronboy2000
VoivodFan
Member # 71

posted October 29, 2002 01:34     Profile for neutronboy2000   Email neutronboy2000     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I believe the answer to #10 is Ludichrist(Away played drums with them at a Montreal '86 date).Here's another quiz question, before Jean-Yves became their bassist, there was another bassist before him who later proclaimed to be their "sworn enemy" and played in a local QC band. What's his name and what's the name of the band? Also, Voivod did a cover of an Iggy Pop song on a few dates during the NOTHINGFACE tour. What's the name of the song???
Skul
VoivodFan
Member # 19

posted October 29, 2002 09:43     Profile for Skul   Email Skul     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
a) Jean Fortin / Deaf Dealer
b) Search & Destroy

Va¢ärmeS
VoivodFan
Member # 47

posted October 29, 2002 10:01     Profile for Va¢ärmeS   Email Va¢ärmeS     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
The final score:

1. Slaytanic: 4/11
  2. Skulhed: 10/11
  3. nuclear infusion: 7/11
  4. honorable mention goes to neutronboy2000 for the answer #10

And the ultimate Voivod fan is: Skulhed!!!C O N G R A T U L A T I O N

Well, here's the correct answers:

1. Wayne Archibald, who also did the same for Death Dealer (later know as Deaf Dealer)
  2. Brian Slagel of Metal Blades Records
  3. Mauro Liberatore
  4. The release of War & Pain
  5. Condamned To The Gallow
  6. The Holy Body Tattoo
  7. Suck Your Bone
  8. Pierre Dalpe
  9. Piggy was diagnostic having a tumor in his brain (hypophysis gland)
  10. Ludichrist
  11. Mike Amstadt who produced Rrroooaaarrr

'till next quizz...Rage & Thrash Eternally!!!

Va¢ärmeS
VoivodFan
Member # 47

posted October 29, 2002 10:09     Profile for Va¢ärmeS   Email Va¢ärmeS     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I got these pictures of Away playing with LUDICHRIST. The 2 shows took place in Quebec City and Montreal around '86-'87 (not sure of the excact date).
Ludichrist played with Cancerous Growth and Mtl's Capitalist Alienation

Skul
VoivodFan
Member # 19

posted October 29, 2002 11:38     Profile for Skul   Email Skul     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
My Voivodfan Award Acceptance Speech:

*accept the batch of flowers and proceeds to cry like a prom queen, then compose myself to deliver these words*

Thank you, oh, thank you. *sniffs*

I'd like to thank all my fans for all their undying support, my family and friends for puttin' up with me, my coffee machine for making my day, my cat for all her purrs of support and sometimes love, all the little people, I love you all!!

*applause*

I'd like to dedicate this award to that guy over there, yah YOU, thanks and stuff.

*more applause*

Extra special thanks to my alcohol drenched brain for still remembering all those useless facts, and thanks to Ludichrist for not sucking, as well as for having created my favorite HC album of all time, Immaculate Deception.

*more pointless applause, and someone screams "STOP MILKING IT!"*

Last by not least, i'd like to Thank myself, cuz it's so good to be me, and not you guys.

THANKS!!!

*more applause... fade to commercial*

h
VoivodFan
Member # 8

posted October 29, 2002 12:12     Profile for h   Email h     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Skulhed:
I'd like to dedicate this award to that guy over there, yah YOU, thanks and stuff.

wow! gee.. thanks Skul... I... uhhh... I'm completely taken back!

*awkward applause*

©2002 micheal jackson dumbarse award for not getting an award.

blacky
VoivodFan
Member # 2

posted November 01, 2002 00:53     Profile for blacky   Email blacky     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
And guess what Skul, as the winner you're going to be on the guest list for the Black Cloud show.
Skul
VoivodFan
Member # 19

posted November 03, 2002 01:24     Profile for Skul   Email Skul     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by blacky:
And guess what Skul, as the winner you're going to be on the guest list for the Black Cloud show.

Oh ya, right, as if that show wouldve been any good without me being there. hehe... bassplayer.

I'll thank you in person, slutcake.

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan