my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » Negatron Pics - a humble request (Page 1)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2

Author Topic: Negatron Pics - a humble request
Väinämöinen
VoivodFan
Member # 27

posted October 24, 2002 08:31     Profile for Väinämöinen   Email Väinämöinen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hey Warcorpse, do you know where the lyric sheets with background art of the Negatron section on ****'s site come from? I've got the European (surprise surprise!!) release and it has no printed lyrics at all, just 3 pictures from the 'Bio-TV' video. If you have those pics, could you perhaps scan them and put them on your 'Scans' section, pretty please? The pics on voivod.com are way too small
 |  IP: Logged
Helldriver
VoivodFan
Member # 46

posted October 24, 2002 08:53     Profile for Helldriver   Email Helldriver     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
(If I had understood correctly your request)
I think they are token from the multimedia section of the Negatron cd, there are many images (one for each song with the lyrics) and other stuff.
But I found that multimedia section doesn't work on every cd player... You should check out

Väinämöinen
VoivodFan
Member # 27

posted October 24, 2002 09:01     Profile for Väinämöinen   Email Väinämöinen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Okay, thanks for the info Helldriver!
As far as I know, the European release doesn't include that multimedia section at all . At least mine has no extras, I've even checked it on a few different computers.

Slaytanic
VoivodFan
Member # 28

posted October 24, 2002 10:00     Profile for Slaytanic   Email Slaytanic     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by warcorpse:
I have the Canada, Germany and Japan versions of the Negatron CD, let me see what I can come up with.

You're such a snob...

Helldriver
VoivodFan
Member # 46

posted October 24, 2002 10:05     Profile for Helldriver   Email Helldriver     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I don't know what version i have (I'm at work) but I buy it in Italy so I guess it's an european one, and it includes the multimedia section.
h
VoivodFan
Member # 8

posted October 24, 2002 12:13     Profile for h   Email h     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hey hex... looks like you got the same version as me. No multimedia here either.
guidon
VoivodFan
Member # 137

posted October 24, 2002 13:53     Profile for guidon   Email guidon     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Also bought the european release (live in Europe so duh!). No multimedia, no lyricsheets, nada...
Emlyn K Helicopter
VoivodFan
Member # 44

posted October 24, 2002 18:05     Profile for Emlyn K Helicopter   Email Emlyn K Helicopter     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Well it took me a few hours to truly believe it was actually a Voivod CD, since Snake not being in the band was news to me at that point!

No lyrics, mo mulletmedia, nada. But boy does it rock.

Nuclear Vampire
VoivodFan
Member # 20

posted October 24, 2002 23:41     Profile for Nuclear Vampire   Email Nuclear Vampire     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I'm pretty sure only the first batch of Negatron CDs had the multi-media stuff on 'em. Maybe the first 1000 or 5000? I bought mine like a week after it came out and mine doesn't have it. I emailed Away at the old Negatron site and he gave me instructions on how to open it, but my CD just doesn't have it.
I've been keeping my eye open for a used copy that may have it (just look at the CD itself, you can see the separation of music and multimedia sections).
I hope they do something like this with The Multiverse. Maybe some cool artwork, live studio versions of some songs, discography, etc.

X-D
VoivodFan
Member # 3

posted October 25, 2002 01:44     Profile for X-D   Email X-D     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Well, my cd does have all the multimedia stuff on it and it USED to work great! However, after a few O/S upgrades on my Mac the technology seems to be unsupported. I got into the "media" folder on the disc, but I can't seem to open any of the files on my home machine. I'll take mine to work tomorrow as well... if I am able, I'll post the pics. Either way, I'll let you guys know what's up.
The Neverman
VoivodFan
Member # 4

posted October 25, 2002 03:42     Profile for The Neverman   Email The Neverman     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Well, the one I bought in France also has nothing like a multimedia section... Like EKH, I remember being surprised at the vocals since I thought Voivod had disbanded (no news for 2 yrs) - sigh...
I also was disappointd that there was no lyrics sheet so I wrote Away and he kindly sent me the lyrics soon afterwards.

Helldriver
VoivodFan
Member # 46

posted October 25, 2002 08:00     Profile for Helldriver   Email Helldriver     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Uah Uah Uah, ehm ,it seem that I'm the only one in europe that have the negatron cd with multimedia...
If my computer are able to read that section I could send it to you unlucky guys, but I'm sure that soon the Warcorpse will post the image on this website.

Emlyn K Helicopter
VoivodFan
Member # 44

posted October 25, 2002 09:22     Profile for Emlyn K Helicopter   Email Emlyn K Helicopter     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
While we're on the subject of Negatron, is there a consensus of opinion here about the album?

fwiw, I was a bit sad to see that Snake had left - but the opening track just blew me away! Not on a par with Nothingface, for sure, but a great Metal album in its own right, probably he closest to trad-Metal they've ever done. Also, the graphics are cool.

Something tells me this might be a thorny issue. Not as thorny as Angel Rat, obviously...

Väinämöinen
VoivodFan
Member # 27

posted October 25, 2002 09:46     Profile for Väinämöinen   Email Väinämöinen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Thanks in advance to Warcorpse and everyone else who threatened to send those badly missed Away treasures for us unlucky Negatron owners to see!! Phuck, this site is so cool I'll have to puke!

Emlyn, I also think Negatron is really good. I especially like the raw, live sound which reminds me of the sound on some of Kreator's older albums like Extreme Aggression. One has to listen to it as loud as possible! I have to admit that there have been times when I got bored with the CD, but that was probably because I had listened to it every day for a whole month or so...

Anyway, the best songs on Negatron IMO are Reality?, Drift, Bio-TV, Negatron and Planet Hell. And maybe also Insect, Project X, Cosmic Conspiracy , Meteor and Nanoman

h
VoivodFan
Member # 8

posted October 25, 2002 12:14     Profile for h   Email h     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
For me Negatron is the album I least listen to out of all the Voivod catalogue. It just bores me a little. I thought Phobos was a massive improvement.
JETHRO
VoivodFan
Member # 11

posted October 25, 2002 12:57     Profile for JETHRO   Email JETHRO     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
you're not wrong there,fella.
Cockroach
VoivodFan
Member # 115

posted October 25, 2002 13:04     Profile for Cockroach   Email Cockroach     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I totally agree with h (if anyone cares anyway, lol). Sorry to say this, but for me it's a little bit boring and, uh... simple, especially compared to the older 'Vod albums. For me Voivod without Snake was only a shadow of itself. Phobos is much better, though.
Slaytanic
VoivodFan
Member # 28

posted October 25, 2002 17:44     Profile for Slaytanic   Email Slaytanic     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
My multimedia section still works fine on my rusty PC at home. I'll see what I can do, and post the results here.
Slaytanic
VoivodFan
Member # 28

posted October 26, 2002 02:32     Profile for Slaytanic   Email Slaytanic     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Let's see now if this works.

This is supposed to be the initial screen.

Slaytanic
VoivodFan
Member # 28

posted October 26, 2002 02:34     Profile for Slaytanic   Email Slaytanic     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Great! Warcorpse and Vainamonem, you guys (and everyone else...) surely can use them the way you like. This is the main menu.

Slaytanic
VoivodFan
Member # 28

posted October 26, 2002 02:37     Profile for Slaytanic   Email Slaytanic     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Song menu.

Slaytanic
VoivodFan
Member # 28

posted October 26, 2002 02:42     Profile for Slaytanic   Email Slaytanic     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Band pic, Away/Piggy pics...

Slaytanic
VoivodFan
Member # 28

posted October 26, 2002 02:53     Profile for Slaytanic   Email Slaytanic     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
The link to the then-webpage, something 'bout William that I never understood ( ) and the final credits screen.

Slaytanic
VoivodFan
Member # 28

posted October 26, 2002 02:56     Profile for Slaytanic   Email Slaytanic     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Finally, the lyrics to the songs, in CD order.

Slaytanic
VoivodFan
Member # 28

posted October 26, 2002 02:59     Profile for Slaytanic   Email Slaytanic     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote

All times are ET
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan