my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » Statement from Satan Re: Chophouse (Page 1)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2

Author Topic: Statement from Satan Re: Chophouse
satan
VoivodFan
Member # 35

posted October 22, 2002 14:27     Profile for satan   Email satan     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Due to a personal matter with Chophouse Administration, in which i have been lied to over Political reasons they have nothing to do with...I will no longer Post on the Chophouse Website.

It is unfortunate that a person must be 'Politically Correct' in order to pass the criteria of others.

What could have been a Professional and Productive
partnership between all Websites, has been deluded with
the wrong choices of Politics over People.

Political Correctness over Freedom of Speech.

I will not contribute to such an environment any longer.

Thank you.

-Satan / King Kula

|  IP: Logged
schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted October 22, 2002 15:21     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Care to give some detail "oh dark lord"?

just curious

Nuclear Vampire
VoivodFan
Member # 20

posted October 22, 2002 15:56     Profile for Nuclear Vampire   Email Nuclear Vampire     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yeah, what's up dude? Something to do with the other site no doubt.
Slaytanic
VoivodFan
Member # 28

posted October 22, 2002 17:19     Profile for Slaytanic   Email Slaytanic     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Could you be more specific?
X-D
VoivodFan
Member # 3

posted October 22, 2002 18:50     Profile for X-D   Email X-D     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Skul
VoivodFan
Member # 19

posted October 22, 2002 19:04     Profile for Skul   Email Skul     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
C'mon Satan... you're not known to mince your words and you dont have to start now. Let it all hang out and pour your heart out, man.
satan
VoivodFan
Member # 35

posted October 22, 2002 19:41     Profile for satan   Email satan     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
The Story.

A while back, i was asked by the Chophouse Admin.(Mastorp), if i would be interrested in Co-Moderating the VOIVOD area of the Chophouse Boards. I thought about it, then accepted the offer. I figured it would be a nice way to have a 'Bridge' of sorts between us all.
A cool way to make new friends and to help out any new Voivod Fans that are around.

Time went by, with only One or Two vague Emails between us...(Mastorp, Forrever Newstead and myself.) Finally, yesterday, i sent a friendly Email to both Parties, also reminding them that i am here & ready to go!

Well. I received a response saying they didnt need my help at this time...and thanking me for "volunteering yourself."

Although it is true that they really dont need any help at the moment...it was the "volunteering yourself" statement that bugged me. I also had a gut feeling that the truth was being withheld.

This was my Email Response:

Thanks, but...
I wish the real reason would be given.
I never Volunteered myself. You asked me, remember?

If you have some reservations, then what are they?
Offensive Username perhapse? The War with Yuri at voivod.com?
Be straight with me. No offense will be taken.

It would-have been Productive, Professional and Fun.

Cheers!

:::

I would like to point out to everyone, that at no time prior to my above response, in Email OR on the Chophouse Boards, did i mention Yuri...or voivod.com.
As far as i was concerned...it was a non-issue.
I was also ready and willing to use a less-offensive Username at Chophouse.

Well...
Chophouse Admin. response to me was again slightly vague, but the HEART of the matter came out in this Statement:

"I don't want to appear, in any way, as if I'm taking sides with
respect to the back and forth between Voivod.com and VoivodFan.com."

WTF???

Remember the line from that RUSH Song...
"If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice"....?

Interresting, huh?

Listen folks...
I am not upset that i was rejected to be a part of Chophouse.
I am, however, very upset at the REASON and HOW i was rejected.

It all comes down to the things i Stated at the beginning of this Thread.
'Politically Correct' Politics over Free Speech and People.

Once again it all lies at the feet of Yuri, who started these problems in the first place. Yuri, whom also i hold as suspect in my 'Blackballing' from Chophouse.

If the VOIVOD MANAGEMENT support Yuri and his actions...then they are clearly wrong!
They should not bite the hands of all the fans who support them financially.

It would be best for Management to find a new "Official" Website.

-Satan / King Kula the Freedom Fighter.

Skul
VoivodFan
Member # 19

posted October 22, 2002 20:05     Profile for Skul   Email Skul     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Dude who cares, these are just message boards!
X-D
VoivodFan
Member # 3

posted October 22, 2002 20:16     Profile for X-D   Email X-D     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Skul's right man. No reason to get all worked up over this shit. Eh, politics... whadda ya gonna do? I say fuck it and have a beer.
satan
VoivodFan
Member # 35

posted October 22, 2002 20:51     Profile for satan   Email satan     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Having that Beer. St. Pauli Girl dancing around in my head!

I know its just a board! I Havent lost touch with reality yet if thats what your thinkin!

Hell....

Maybe i should just start charging you people for all this great entertainment!

Yeah....more Beer is what i need.

Nate Carson
VoivodFan
Member # 97

posted October 23, 2002 03:44     Profile for Nate Carson   Email Nate Carson     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Thanks for doing this site.
Emlyn K Helicopter
VoivodFan
Member # 44

posted October 23, 2002 03:48     Profile for Emlyn K Helicopter   Email Emlyn K Helicopter     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
"...more Tornados and less of The Prow."

Hopefully thats what the new album will be.

h
VoivodFan
Member # 8

posted October 23, 2002 05:05     Profile for h   Email h     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
As long as they keep a bit of the prow!! One of the things I love about this band is that variety of sounds, y'know....

As far as the whole official/unofficial site stuff goes, my view is that I come here because here's where the info is. I feel bad for those on voivod.com just because they're not getting anywhere near the amount of info that's available, and they're being prevented from doing so. Thanks to Warcorpse for setting this place up. And I think I can believe the amount of traffic you get! I can't keep up with all the posting going on recently!

Väinämöinen
VoivodFan
Member # 27

posted October 23, 2002 06:02     Profile for Väinämöinen   Email Väinämöinen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by h:
I feel bad for those on voivod.com just because they're not getting anywhere near the amount of info that's available, and they're being prevented from doing so. Thanks to Warcorpse for setting this place up.

I second that!! Warcorpse, on!

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted October 23, 2002 06:08     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
"I wanted a site with more Tornados and less of The Prow."

I like that!!!

Once again Warcorpse has done, and continues to do, an incredble job on this site... and all you have to do is look at both forums to see where the fans are really going...this site is always exploding with comments, and it continues to grow more and more. I have a hard time now keeping up with everything being said each day, but I'm glad I do.

Thanks Warcorpse, for your creation.

K
VoivodFan
Member # 6

posted October 23, 2002 08:45     Profile for K   Email K     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
According to the Official Chophouse Statement in response to Satan's Statement...over at Chophouse...( )
Yuri wanted to be Moderator over there.

In that light...i agree with the Chophouse decision to keep both of us off there.

Now. The fact that 'Forrever Newstead' went and edited Satan's 'Correction' Post, to remove a less than desirable Sentence...shows me that to post there is like posting at voivod.com. You better stay 'Politically Correct' or the Thought Police will will clean it up for you.

Satan wont be back to the Chophouse Board.
That action was the last straw.

I also have NO IDEA why they thought that Satan was the "Manager" of this site!
I told them a Month ago that this was Warcorpse's Baby!
I wonder if Yuri fed them some Disinformation...in typical Communist fashion.

Anyways...regardless of all that...
Chophouse is a really cool site and i do appreciate all theyre Voivod related efforts.

Slaytanic
VoivodFan
Member # 28

posted October 23, 2002 10:21     Profile for Slaytanic   Email Slaytanic     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I have my own opinion of why Satan is pointed as a "pole" on this whole "fighting" thing. He, for whatever reason (not important at this point), had the guts lacking in other people (myself included) to say/write what yuri needed to hear/read. Satan was just the one who represented best the fight among who wanted to post their thoughts, and the "elite" of the Official Voivod Website, who, in true capitalist form, can only think of the money he spends "with no help from the band or anyone else on the site", censoring what HE did not want to figure on HIS site.

And that may have lead to many "Voivod fans" leaving voivod.com, probably wanting a VOIVOD site rather than YURI's site.

Thats my humble opinion on this whole thing. Probably I won't change anyone's mind (remember not being the sharpest pencil of the bunch or something?), but I, for myself, would rather go for a VOIVOD site, run in a brilliant way by Warcorpse (even not being the official one), where I can share my thoughts with everyone else (even bitching Warcorpse himself for disliking Angel Rat ) than go for a site where you even have an automatic WORD censorship (nothing more ridiculous) and where one has to calculate what he's writing/posting, taking the risk of being banned.

Or else, as better pointed by Skulhed, this is just a message board, and I shouldn't care at all...

Emlyn K Helicopter
VoivodFan
Member # 44

posted October 23, 2002 10:38     Profile for Emlyn K Helicopter   Email Emlyn K Helicopter     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
..or do what I do and just ignore the fucker.
K
VoivodFan
Member # 6

posted October 23, 2002 11:49     Profile for K   Email K     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Slaytanic!!! Are you trying to get Banned from yuri.com as well? Damn! hahahaha!
Thats some pretty funny stuff!

So, Yuri thinks i'm an "Asshole" for trying to help out a few new Fans?
For posting something he didnt like.
Yada, yada, yada...

Nowhere in the Forum Rules section does it say that links to certain sites are forbidden.

Just imagine if Chophouse had let him Moderate over there! Jeeze!
There would be 2 Censors then...FN and Yuri!

Ok. Enough of this fun. Back to work.

X-D
VoivodFan
Member # 3

posted October 23, 2002 17:03     Profile for X-D   Email X-D     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Suggestion to Warcorpse: If you haven't already, email or post your above posted statement to/on The Chophouse and Voivod.com. Although I already noticed The Chophouse understands the situation, it would most likely clear up a lot of unneccessary BS.

I can almost understand Yuri's getting so pissed if he thought Satan was you, constantly urging people to go to Voivodfan.com. Although I think Satan has every right to do this, if you had been doing that (as I believe Yuri thought you were Satan, etc.), it could easily be percieved as spamming. Just my opinion mind you...

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted October 23, 2002 19:04     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Emlyn K Helicopter:
..or do what I do and just ignore the fucker.

I've been doing just that since the first day I was notified by Warcorpse about openning this forum. Why go somewhere else when everything you need is right here.
Good Friends
Good debates
Good Ideas
Great Moderator
Kick ass graphics

I'm I in Voivod Heaven?

The Neverman
VoivodFan
Member # 4

posted October 24, 2002 04:19     Profile for The Neverman   Email The Neverman     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
it's miserable how one cannot type certain words over there and on the other hand how some dumbass cretin can bash blacky in total liberty... there are a few utter morons posting at vv.com these days (Slim, Bloke) it's sunken very very very low... no, lower than that even.

but that was fun to see Blacky post something not Voivod related!!!

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted October 24, 2002 05:49     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Outcast typed: "it's sunken very very very low... no, lower than that even"

NOW, THAT'S LOW!!!
That is stupid that some people get censored for talking good about the band and spreading the word, but others can talk SMACK and have it posted...great moderating...I'm glad I never go there anymore.
BTW hows the great Voivod store Yuri opened (or was suppose to open) on his site?

Slaytanic
VoivodFan
Member # 28

posted October 24, 2002 11:04     Profile for Slaytanic   Email Slaytanic     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by schroeder:
(...)I'm glad I never go there anymore.(...)

As always, you guys are correct. Just let the looser with his "Official Web Site". I'd rather post at the REAL Voivod website, where I can get all the info I want on the band. And no more **** bashing from me.

guidon
VoivodFan
Member # 137

posted October 24, 2002 14:03     Profile for guidon   Email guidon     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
No store there schroeder... But I did find an old-style Vod shirt elsewhere. Relapse Records are apparently reprinting the Korgull Skull shirt (white logo on black - like it should be). I ordered it for 14 USD + 2 USD overseas shipping. Hope it arrives soon...

Check www.relapse.com
Than go to E-store...Couldn't be easier.

All times are ET
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan