my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » Inside The Multiverse (Page 1)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2

Author Topic: Inside The Multiverse
AngelRat
VoivodFan
Member # 88

posted October 21, 2002 15:09     Profile for AngelRat   Email AngelRat     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
You may already have read this: http://www.chophouserecords.com/diaries/vv_diary.htm
I'm getting REALLY curious about the drum sound on The Multiverse. Also thanks to Away for keeping us informed about his equipment.

|  IP: Logged
satan
VoivodFan
Member # 35

posted October 21, 2002 15:26     Profile for satan   Email satan     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yes! He uses Vic Firth Sticks!
Same kind i do!

Normally he plays an old Ludwig set, but in the Studio he is on an old Gretch set.

Cool!

Skul
VoivodFan
Member # 19

posted October 21, 2002 15:30     Profile for Skul   Email Skul     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
His post looked like an ad more than anything else, i thought... "I use this, i use that"... bah
BlackCloud
VoivodFan
Member # 122

posted October 21, 2002 16:23     Profile for BlackCloud   Email BlackCloud     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hopefully this time around they really "concentrate" on Away's drum sounds...the last two albums really "blew" as far as the drums were concerned! (not his playing btw)
Mr. Phobia
VoivodFan
Member # 66

posted October 21, 2002 16:41     Profile for Mr. Phobia   Email Mr. Phobia     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
BRING BACK PIERRE ST.JEAN!!!!!!
Mr. Phobia
VoivodFan
Member # 66

posted October 21, 2002 17:18     Profile for Mr. Phobia   Email Mr. Phobia     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
facetious,a.
lightly joking; jocular; jocose, especially at an inappropriate time.

satan
VoivodFan
Member # 35

posted October 21, 2002 18:40     Profile for satan   Email satan     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Mr. Phobia...I thought it was funny.

Speaking of Pierre....Where is he these days?
I really wanna know!

nia
VoivodFan
Member # 9

posted October 21, 2002 18:50     Profile for nia   Email nia     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
An east Plateau video store in Montreal the last I heard...
schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted October 21, 2002 21:51     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by hexonxonx:
Mr. Phobia, everyone's tired of your rant. It leads to nowhere, and makes no sense shouting here to replace the bassist; if you want it so much, contact the management and/or the band, but do not pollute the message board. Most likely your quest will fail anyway. If you don't like Jason playing on the new album, don't buy it. It's so simple. Save your money and everyone's patience.

I'll SECOND THIS COMMENT...and add "go away"...why spend so much time bitching about something you don't like, insted of finding somewhere else to go where you actually enjoy the people in the band and the music they are making, because it's obvious that you do not like what is going on in VOIVOD...which is a damn shame because the new cd is going to be incredible.

BYE BYE NOW

Väinämöinen
VoivodFan
Member # 27

posted October 22, 2002 06:44     Profile for Väinämöinen   Email Väinämöinen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Erm...schroedman, Mr.Fear was only kidding I think...now where's that peace pipe of mine?
schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted October 22, 2002 07:55     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
It's hard to tell if he's only joking, because every post has been a 'slam' against the current configuration of the band. Even in the "have you bought any new cds" topic, he slams the band : "2.Red Harvest-Sick Transit Gloria Mundi
-this and the danzig cd are the two best releases of the year, no question
again, download a track or two and find out, bitch
lots of techno posturings, though, but very heavy, the future of metal, how voivod would sound if they were on top of things"

If it's just a joke...fine...I missed the punch line

h
VoivodFan
Member # 8

posted October 22, 2002 08:46     Profile for h   Email h     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I figure it must be a gag, cause that new Danzig cd is piss-poor!
Väinämöinen
VoivodFan
Member # 27

posted October 22, 2002 09:09     Profile for Väinämöinen   Email Väinämöinen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Oh yeah, I didn't notice that comment about 'on top of things'....I sense so much hate in this room

For the record...I still haven't heard a Danzig tune that I couldn't listen to without laughing out loud...those boys are cheesy! The old "Dirty Black Summer" video was a real killer, the band was playing in some sandbox making scary expressions while Glenn concentrated on kicking the sand and making WWF postures...hilarious

Mr. Phobia
VoivodFan
Member # 66

posted October 22, 2002 17:11     Profile for Mr. Phobia   Email Mr. Phobia     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
technically, this line-up is AVOID, not VOIVOD
you see, voivod died back in 91
this site has often been billed as "the history channel for voivod"
voivodfan, not avoidfan
take your "jasonic" worship over to the pophouse
i don't like that you people are making this out to be the big return of VOIVOD, cause it ain't

but, i'm not posting this in anger, just to stir the board up, it was stagnating
so chill, till the next episode

h, put my mind at ease and tell me you hated 5 and 6, too
you do know 'h' is adrian smith's nickname, right?

Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted October 22, 2002 18:11     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Mr. Phobia:
facetious,a.
lightly joking; jocular; jocose, especially at an inappropriate time.

Dumbass:
a person who exhibits an extreme form of STUPIDITY by his actions, conversation, and thoughts.

nia
VoivodFan
Member # 9

posted October 22, 2002 18:31     Profile for nia   Email nia     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hey, let's give it up now everybody. I for one am not above having stupid thoughts, actions or conversations and am quite often facetious to boot.
BlackCloud
VoivodFan
Member # 122

posted October 22, 2002 22:22     Profile for BlackCloud   Email BlackCloud     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I'm going to jerk-off now.
h
VoivodFan
Member # 8

posted October 23, 2002 05:20     Profile for h   Email h     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Mr. Phobia:
h, put my mind at ease and tell me you hated 5 and 6, too
you do know 'h' is adrian smith's nickname, right?

I was never the worlds biggest danzig fan anyway. I own the first 4 and dig them out now and again. Can't remember the reasons for not buying 5 & 6, but 7 is still fresh in my mind and it did nothing for me. In fact it was difficult not switching it off halfway! I can't imagine a Voivod record having that effect on me no matter who the bass player is!
Didn't know that about Adrian Smith. I know that Steve Harris is often refered to as Harry (my name), but it's just what I've been called most of my life. Well... along with a few more 'colourful' words!

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted October 23, 2002 05:57     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I'm almost possitive "H" is Steve Harris's nickname because like 'h' on this site his name is Harry. Did you ever listen to the secretly recorded argument "Mission From Harry" that was a B-side on a Maiden single? That's where you'll hear it, when Nicko and Bruce are talking to Steve (H, or Harry).
Tangento
VoivodFan
Member # 117

posted October 23, 2002 06:36     Profile for Tangento   Email Tangento     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Danzig Sucks Ass

http://www.tangento.net/shitlist.html

K
VoivodFan
Member # 6

posted October 23, 2002 08:52     Profile for K   Email K     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Warcorpse...you are correct! Media attention.

However...you are not allowed to hate Angel Rat. It's against the Law to do so!
The RIAA are gonna come arrest you! lol!

K
VoivodFan
Member # 6

posted October 23, 2002 14:36     Profile for K   Email K     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
HAHAHA!! This Voivod Video is funny!
(or so i thought.)

This one:
RealVideo | Day Seven - VOIVOD : VID No. 26

At this Link: http://www.chophouserecords.com/diaries/vv_diary.htm#

Made me dizzy!

AngelRat
VoivodFan
Member # 88

posted October 23, 2002 15:24     Profile for AngelRat   Email AngelRat     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Fuck! Drumtrax for 13 songs recorded in 4 days! They're going fast! Does this mean they can release the album some months earlier?
BTW: Is it true it's gonna be some crossover between 'Angel Rat' and 'Phobos'? Combined with Jasonic influences!

K
VoivodFan
Member # 6

posted October 23, 2002 15:47     Profile for K   Email K     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by AngelRat:
BTW: Is it true it's gonna be some crossover between 'Angel Rat' and 'Phobos'? Combined with Jasonic influences!

No. Read the 'Piggy awnsered my Questions' Thread.

That latest Video sure was funny though! http://www.chophouserecords.com/diaries/vv_diary.htm#

Jason keeps hitting the Camera with that ball...hahaha!

AngelRat
VoivodFan
Member # 88

posted October 23, 2002 16:32     Profile for AngelRat   Email AngelRat     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
For some reason my goddamn PC won't play Real Video, I'll have to check out what's the problem cause it did once.

I have read that 'Piggy answers questions' thread, but I had to make that "crossover" comment, so someone would remind me of Piggy's beautiful answer again.

4,5 months to go!

All times are ET
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan