my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » Your Dream VOIVOD Gig.

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Your Dream VOIVOD Gig.
satan
VoivodFan
Member # 35

posted October 18, 2002 18:43     Profile for satan   Email satan     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Who would YOU love to see Voivod on Tour with?

Mine:

Voivod
Hawkwind
King Crimson
Porcupine Tree

smooth...

|  IP: Logged
nia
VoivodFan
Member # 9

posted October 18, 2002 18:48     Profile for nia   Email nia     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
My dream Voivod gig would have just Voivod but a rotation of each of the Voivod bass players. Okay, so it's total fantasy but it would be a fun show to watch.
AngelRat
VoivodFan
Member # 88

posted October 18, 2002 19:05     Profile for AngelRat   Email AngelRat     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
VoiVod with 5 bass players, King Crimson, a bunch of Angry Garden Gnomes, Van Der Graaf Generator, Pentagram, Winter and Saddam Hussein with one of his own missiles in his ass. That would be a great live show.

And maybe a special guest appearance by THE ALAN PARSONS PROJECT! Hail The King!!! (...and still I know ABBA is the most underrated band...EVER...).

MeanMrMustard
VoivodFan
Member # 57

posted October 18, 2002 21:06     Profile for MeanMrMustard   Email MeanMrMustard     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
My dream Voivod gig would be my band opening for them! (shameful plug)www.mp3.com/deathandtaxes
That's been my dream since NothingFace!
Other than that impossibility, I'll second the King Crimson/Voivod tour. Why not? King Crimson will also have a new album out about that time!

satan
VoivodFan
Member # 35

posted October 18, 2002 22:11     Profile for satan   Email satan     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Noitall:
My dream Voivod gig would have just Voivod but a rotation of each of the Voivod bass players. Okay, so it's total fantasy but it would be a fun show to watch.

Hmmmm...Rotating Bass Players, interresting fantasy.

Nuclear Vampire
VoivodFan
Member # 20

posted October 19, 2002 00:57     Profile for Nuclear Vampire   Email Nuclear Vampire     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Check out this lineup:

My band (Not a shameless plug as I have no band. But if I did... )

In Flames

Arch Enemy

Opeth

and of course the headliners...

VOIVOD!!!

space monger
VoivodFan
Member # 41

posted October 19, 2002 01:24     Profile for space monger   Email space monger     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Wouldn't that be something if original members of VOIVOD, SOUNDGARDEN & FAITH NO MORE got together for a one-time-only trip down memory lane concert.

Far fetched indeed, but a helluva idea anyways!

ericTHEpinch
VoivodFan
Member # 54

posted October 19, 2002 02:39     Profile for ericTHEpinch   Email ericTHEpinch     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
i saw Voivod with faith no more, also with neurosis and with celtic frost/destruction/possessed/nasty savage and dri,cro-mags,agnostic front. can i really ask for more ??

only thing i would want is to see them with blacky one more time(even if i had my share back in the days!). i could care less witch other band would play with them!

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted October 19, 2002 05:56     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I'm in for the
VOIVOD
KING CRIMSON
PORCUPINE TREE
tour, all would equal billing and same amount of time on stage (2 hours each)

Marginal
VoivodFan
Member # 116

posted October 19, 2002 08:38     Profile for Marginal   Email Marginal     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
i would like to see voivod with ... guns n roses ! heh ... only to see buckethead performing .

* wakes up *

it was a dream ...

space monger
VoivodFan
Member # 41

posted October 19, 2002 12:36     Profile for space monger   Email space monger     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
LOL!

Brain & Buckethead playing with Guns'N'Hosers has got to be the stupidest thing I've heard in quite some time!

nia
VoivodFan
Member # 9

posted October 19, 2002 13:11     Profile for nia   Email nia     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Satan, exactly what are you implying?!? lol!
Marginal
VoivodFan
Member # 116

posted October 19, 2002 16:19     Profile for Marginal   Email Marginal     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hehe space . IMO , Brain and buckethead are good , original musicians . Have you ever listened to some Primus or buckethead ? Maybe they don't play the kind of music you like but just give it a try and listen to their previous work and maybe you'll finally figure out that the only thing stupid in the new lineup of guns n roses is Robin Finck from nine inch nails . I mean he sucks big hairy poles ! If you play drums or guitar , then why don't you appeciate their appreciate their -buckethead and Brain- respective work ?
AngelRat
VoivodFan
Member # 88

posted October 19, 2002 17:55     Profile for AngelRat   Email AngelRat     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I like B****thead! (I'm not allowed to use THAT word Here.) Yeah! I posted on this topic before but I was drunk back then. Now I'm sober (yeah, right!) Ok, I'm not. So: King Crimson and VoiVod anyway! And my own band (if we find guitar player and singer in time). And Cathedral (just got their new album: RULES!!!).
space monger
VoivodFan
Member # 41

posted October 20, 2002 21:04     Profile for space monger   Email space monger     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Marginal. Looks like good old miscommunication was playing tricks again. Primus is one of my favorite bands actually. Brain & BH are good musicians, Herb was good too, i heard he might even be back sometime. Anyways, i can't believe 2 guys with that amount of talent could be lured to play in g'n'r. seems like a waste of their talent and time IMO.
Va¢ärmeS
VoivodFan
Member # 47

posted October 21, 2002 01:34     Profile for Va¢ärmeS   Email Va¢ärmeS     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Well, just bring back the WWIII
Väinämöinen
VoivodFan
Member # 27

posted October 21, 2002 04:09     Profile for Väinämöinen   Email Väinämöinen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Voivod
Testament
Cathedral
Prong (w/ Parsons)

In a smallish club with a free supply of various beers, served to an audience that came to actually listen to the bands.

The bands would then stay in the club until sunrise (that means 11 a.m. in winter here ), sitting among the fans and having a good time after the show.

Slaytanic
VoivodFan
Member # 28

posted October 21, 2002 11:26     Profile for Slaytanic   Email Slaytanic     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
A lot of great suggestions here! Mine is a mix of Noitall's, space monger's, and Vacarmes' ideas.

But that show had to be here in São Paulo, of course. The WWIV!

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan