my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » Who layed down bets?!

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Who layed down bets?!
X-D
VoivodFan
Member # 3

posted October 17, 2002 12:01     Profile for X-D   Email X-D     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
From Blabbermouth:
VOIVOD Skip NILE Tour, Focus On Upcoming Album - Oct. 17, 2002

VOIVOD will NOT be touring North America during January/February as part of a five-band package also featuring NILE, NAPALM DEATH, STRAPPING YOUNG LAD and THE BERZERKER. Instead, the quartet are planning on embarking on a headlining tour of the U.S. and Europe shortly following the release of the group's next studio album, The Multiverse, tentatively due in early March through Chophouse Records. The Montreal-based band's non-participation in the NILE tour "was confirmed yesterday," a Chophouse spokesperson told BLABBERMOUTH.NET on Thursday. "They will not be doing the tour. They want to focus on the record. 100% official word."

So, it's a headlining tour after all! Although I don't wanna wait any longer, I'll be stoked to see them play a full fuckin' set!

My choice for main support act: MASTODON!

|  IP: Logged
K
VoivodFan
Member # 6

posted October 17, 2002 12:42     Profile for K   Email K     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Well, i guess that is the "100%" Official Word!

Opening acts?

How about the Local Dallas Band...Echodrain?
lol!

nia
VoivodFan
Member # 9

posted October 17, 2002 13:27     Profile for nia   Email nia     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Well thank you very much Blabbermouth for interrupting my potential cash flow.
Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted October 17, 2002 19:28     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Please VV, if you're reading this, LISTEN TO X-D!!!!!!!!!
Greg Gloomp
VoivodFan
Member # 29

posted October 17, 2002 22:51     Profile for Greg Gloomp   Email Greg Gloomp     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Haha! You're eaten up with Mastodon, eh X-D?
That's a damn good thing too!
I've seen them 3 times this year and they are equally crushing live.

How about a Mastodon, Opeth and Voivod package? I hope Voivod make a fucking mint on this upcoming tour. If the new Enslaved comes out first of the year, Voivod could swap bands out for an opener.

tattooedsean777
VoivodFan
Member # 128

posted October 18, 2002 03:37     Profile for tattooedsean777   Email tattooedsean777     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
mmmmmmmmmm, opeth,mastodon, and voivod. in my best homer simpson voice
h
VoivodFan
Member # 8

posted October 18, 2002 05:14     Profile for h   Email h     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Mastadon would be killer. I picked up 'Remission' Last week, and it's getting regular plays at my place. Are their other releases just as good?
Greg Gloomp
VoivodFan
Member # 29

posted October 18, 2002 06:08     Profile for Greg Gloomp   Email Greg Gloomp     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
The Mastodon: Lifesblood EP is good stuff too, h. I read somewhere they have a live album coming out but not sure how accurate that is.
Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted October 18, 2002 17:22     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Greg Gloomp:
Haha! You're eaten up with Mastodon, eh X-D?
That's a damn good thing too!
I've seen them 3 times this year and they are equally crushing live.

How about a Mastodon, Opeth and Voivod package? I hope Voivod make a fucking mint on his upcoming tour. If the new Enslaved comes out first of the year, Voivod could swap bands out for an opener.

Damn, Greg, you think that Enslaved will put out a record that soon. I can't tell from the info their site puts out. Fantastic idea. I don't know about this Opeth but I could definitely go for a VV, Enslaved, Mastadon show. WOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

Greg Gloomp
VoivodFan
Member # 29

posted October 18, 2002 17:29     Profile for Greg Gloomp   Email Greg Gloomp     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I know what you mean about Enslaved having another album so soon but I just received an email from the Enslaved mailing list that stated the following...

THE NEW ALBUM:
Enslaved has just completed their 7th and yet untitled studio album. The recordings went extremely well and where yet again produced by the band them selves, Pytten and Jørgen Træen. The mixing will take part in January and the final release is set to the 3rd of March next year. Heavy, loud, sophisticated and as mesmerizing as ever! As a treat the band reveals some track names here:
-"As Fire Swept Clean the Earth"
-"Ridicule Swarm"
-"Queen of Night"

satan
VoivodFan
Member # 35

posted October 18, 2002 18:27     Profile for satan   Email satan     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Great Metal music is indeed alive and well.

tattooedsean777...Welcome aboard!
(In case i forgot)
Cheers!

Nate Carson
VoivodFan
Member # 97

posted October 18, 2002 19:42     Profile for Nate Carson   Email Nate Carson     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Voivod
Enslaved
Immolation
Orthrelm

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan