my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » Singularity

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Singularity
Tangento
VoivodFan
Member # 117

posted October 17, 2002 03:39     Profile for Tangento   Email Tangento     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I figure on a Voivod Forum, there must be a few Cosmos-nuts aboard.
This is BIG news in the world of Astronomy:

Read ME

|  IP: Logged
Väinämöinen
VoivodFan
Member # 27

posted October 17, 2002 08:08     Profile for Väinämöinen   Email Väinämöinen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Cool! Thanks for the link, man. I'm not exactly a "Cosmos-nut", but this stuff is still very interesting!
K
VoivodFan
Member # 6

posted October 17, 2002 08:12     Profile for K   Email K     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
"Our work proves that there is indeed a supermassive black hole in our own galaxy," said Rainer Schoedel, a PhD student at the Max-Planck Institute for Extraterrestrial Physics (MPE) in Germany.

Yep! Just like a giant Toilet flushing...thats where we are all headed.

Mr. Phobia
VoivodFan
Member # 66

posted October 17, 2002 16:57     Profile for Mr. Phobia   Email Mr. Phobia     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
i saw a show on the discovery channel on this very subject

it's no suprise to me and makes utmost sense
creation caused by uncreation
the supermassive black hole is the collapsing of dense clouds and its churning heats the nearby stuff allowing stars to form
"good" springing from "bad
"light" created by "dark"

pay the devil his due

Tangento
VoivodFan
Member # 117

posted October 17, 2002 17:22     Profile for Tangento   Email Tangento     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by King Kula Shaker:
Yep! Just like a giant Toilet flushing...thats where we are all headed.

I wouldn't worry. Our sun will swell up and scorch the earth and then fizzle to down to "nothing in particular" LONG before the influence of a black hole would ever be felt (if ever).
And the Sun's process will take BILLIONS of years.

Besides, at the rate we're going, we won't need to wait around for the Universe to destroy us.

royvis
VoivodFan
Member # 102

posted October 17, 2002 18:00     Profile for royvis   Email royvis     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Wow, that is fantastic news. Altogether chilling and fascinating. You can count me as a "Cosmos-nut".
Perhaps you have heard of a this astronomical event, scheduled to take place in Dec. 2012? Apparently there will be major alignment of celestial bodies...pointing towards the galactic center!
Here's a cool link with more details about black holes and the galactic center.
http://www.mpifr-bonn.mpg.de/staff/hfalcke/bh/sld1.html

Winding signs flap flicker flicker flicker flam POW!

satan
VoivodFan
Member # 35

posted October 17, 2002 18:39     Profile for satan   Email satan     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Mr. Phobia:
creation caused by uncreation
"light" created by "dark"

pay the devil his due

Yes!
Someone who DOES understand!

h
VoivodFan
Member # 8

posted October 18, 2002 05:31     Profile for h   Email h     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Mr. Phobia:

Using this theory, and you're thoughts on Jason joining Voivod, the new album's gonna rule. Glad we finally all agree!

Marginal
VoivodFan
Member # 116

posted October 18, 2002 10:48     Profile for Marginal   Email Marginal     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
First , i'm stone and didn't ate anything yet , only coffee so yes , fuck i'm stone . Here's my toughts ( and stoner's theory ) about this cool link .

( )

I'm not an astronomy freak but this all make sense to me too . I mean , the pictures of foreign galaxies shows a spiral rotating on itself . So it's obvious that there's something special in the middle of this big whirl . So , IMO , if i follow the logic , each '' living '' galaxy should have their blackhole . BUT , today , we have discovered the existence of anti-matter but haven't dicovered the existence of anti-blackholes ( ©Marginal ... )who , btw , creates an equilibrium in the galaxy ( wtf , the black hole is always sucking up the galaxy ? It takes something who will equilibrate the matter & anti-matter masses in galaxy cause all galaxies would be '' dead '' if they would only have a black hole and no anti-black hole . ).

Also , With black holes and anti-black holes , this makes travelling at speed of light a real joke ; With the black hole we could get out of our galaxy and come back by the anti-black hole . But i think it's not that easy to travel between galaxies by black holes and anti-black holes : My theory is that each galaxies connects to an other one . So , to leave our galaxy ( point A ) , would have to pass by point B and point C and etc before we can find a way back to point A .

This is my theory about black holes and stuff ...

P.s. There's a black hole into my hypercube ... eek !

P.p.s.

Tangento
VoivodFan
Member # 117

posted October 18, 2002 10:50     Profile for Tangento   Email Tangento     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Easy on the uh... Coffee, there buddy.

Marginal
VoivodFan
Member # 116

posted October 18, 2002 11:01     Profile for Marginal   Email Marginal     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote

h
VoivodFan
Member # 8

posted October 18, 2002 11:04     Profile for h   Email h     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I propose a Voivod listening party at Marginal's house!!!
nothingface
VoivodFan
Member # 58

posted October 18, 2002 11:54     Profile for nothingface   Email nothingface     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yeah, I'm there. I don't think I've ever been so confused and enlightened at the same time.
neutronboy2000
VoivodFan
Member # 71

posted October 18, 2002 21:46     Profile for neutronboy2000   Email neutronboy2000     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Whaaaat! Possible existence of a supermassive black hole in this galaxy...this is a pretty interesting means of discussion. At the same time, it sounds like the final song from the upcoming album "multiverse". However, with the increase of weapons stockpiling(no thanks to King George for setting back progress to the 1950s Cold-War paranoia level)and continued conflagration among other countries who seek to acquire nuclear weapons to compete with Western powers, it's only a matter of time before a technical glitch in defense systems(NORAD/Soviet missile guidance) will quickly culminate in the extinction of the human race...the cockroaches will eat the rest!
satan
VoivodFan
Member # 35

posted October 18, 2002 22:06     Profile for satan   Email satan     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Have you been watching "Damnation Alley' with Jan Michael Vincent, again?

royvis
VoivodFan
Member # 102

posted October 18, 2002 22:39     Profile for royvis   Email royvis     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
It's not over til it's over. And even then who can be sure.
Helldriver
VoivodFan
Member # 46

posted October 19, 2002 06:28     Profile for Helldriver   Email Helldriver     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hey guys I discovered the black hole years ago in the late 80's (it's where Voivod come from...) and there's another major planet-galaxy alignment planned on march 2003...
I should take the Nobel for that!!!

Joke apart is a very interesting argument I were always fascinated by astronomy and phenomenos like that.

Cockroach
VoivodFan
Member # 115

posted October 19, 2002 14:06     Profile for Cockroach   Email Cockroach     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by neutronboy2000:
the cockroaches will eat the rest! [/QB]

Yes we will

satan
VoivodFan
Member # 35

posted October 19, 2002 18:30     Profile for satan   Email satan     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Where's my can of RAID?.....

I have a nice Hotel you can stay at, Cockroach!

Cockroach
VoivodFan
Member # 115

posted October 19, 2002 21:35     Profile for Cockroach   Email Cockroach     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hahha, RAID won't kill me! I take three deep sniffs every morning from it, just to accustom my body to it (and it's almost as good as alcohol)
AngelRat
VoivodFan
Member # 88

posted October 20, 2002 05:45     Profile for AngelRat   Email AngelRat     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
'Atomized - at the core
Or through the Astral Door -
To soar...'

The Black Hole will lead us to yet another part of The Multiverse.

satan
VoivodFan
Member # 35

posted October 20, 2002 17:12     Profile for satan   Email satan     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I liked that Disney Movie, 'Black Hole.'
With that Evil Robot...'Maxmillian' was it?
Been a while since i've seen it.

h
VoivodFan
Member # 8

posted October 21, 2002 05:20     Profile for h   Email h     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
You liked a disney movie? You truly are satan.

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan