my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » Jase/Piggy on Radio (Page 1)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2

Author Topic: Jase/Piggy on Radio
Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted October 15, 2002 19:44     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
That's right. Jasonic and Piggy will be sitting in with Billy Steel on Friday October 25. Billy's "The Metal Zone" show goes from 9:00PM PST to 11:00PM PST. The show is webcast live on the Internet from 107.7 The Bone's Web site located at www.1077thebone.com/home.asp.

Cheerz,

The Chophouse

|  IP: Logged
X-D
VoivodFan
Member # 3

posted October 15, 2002 20:05     Profile for X-D   Email X-D     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hell Yeah, I'm gonna try and record this interview! I first thought it was only going to be Newsted, but if Piggy's there as well, than I gotta hear it!

If you haven't already, some of you paranoid freaks should drop in on the Chophouse! Nothing wrong with another Voivod-friendly place online! Not to mention you are allowed to post the word Voivodfan and make references to Voivodfan.com! Imagine that!

Nate Carson
VoivodFan
Member # 97

posted October 15, 2002 20:20     Profile for Nate Carson   Email Nate Carson     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
This should be pretty hilarious considering Piggy's grasp of the English language.
h
VoivodFan
Member # 8

posted October 17, 2002 12:58     Profile for h   Email h     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
There's no way I will be anywhere near a computer at that time, unless I stay at work all night! If anyone can post a rough outline of what was said, I'll buy them beer!
X-D
VoivodFan
Member # 3

posted October 17, 2002 13:09     Profile for X-D   Email X-D     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
H,
I am going to record this webcast (granted I can remember to listen in), and I can maybe post it as an mp3 or something since I know a lot of us are going to want to hear it.

Besides, any excuse to have a beer is good enough for me!

nia
VoivodFan
Member # 9

posted October 17, 2002 13:29     Profile for nia   Email nia     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
As far as I know Piggy has a good grasp of the english language. Having an accent doesn't mean you don't understand a language.
Nate Carson
VoivodFan
Member # 97

posted October 17, 2002 15:10     Profile for Nate Carson   Email Nate Carson     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I've talked to him. He's not a whirlwind in English. I'm sure he understands far more than he's able to quickly convey. Particularly when inebriated.

But point taken.

Tangento
VoivodFan
Member # 117

posted October 17, 2002 16:47     Profile for Tangento   Email Tangento     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Someone should tell Piggy to bring his axe and a Pignose and give us a sneak peek.
No language barrier there!

Mr. Phobia
VoivodFan
Member # 66

posted October 17, 2002 17:44     Profile for Mr. Phobia   Email Mr. Phobia     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
to me, it sounded like they all had an excellent grasp on their english on the hard'n'heavy video, way back in 88

i don't know what you guys are talking about when you say you can't understand them because of the language barrier

the only thing blacky said in the interview:
to away after he was blabbin' for 15 minutes about post-nuclear creature this and concept for the band that:
"the story of the band first"

h
VoivodFan
Member # 8

posted October 18, 2002 05:34     Profile for h   Email h     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by X-D:
H,
I am going to record this webcast (granted I can remember to listen in), and I can maybe post it as an mp3 or something since I know a lot of us are going to want to hear it.

Besides, any excuse to have a beer is good enough for me!

Oh man, I vote X-D for president... now where have I heard that before?

K
VoivodFan
Member # 6

posted October 24, 2002 09:26     Profile for K   Email K     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hey Peoples!

Dont forget about this Event!
Its almost here!

X-D
VoivodFan
Member # 3

posted October 25, 2002 01:50     Profile for X-D   Email X-D     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Thanks for the reminder bump there fellas! I have my gear in place and am ready to record this webcast... the lo-tech way!
K
VoivodFan
Member # 6

posted October 25, 2002 20:26     Profile for K   Email K     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I'm gonna see what i can do to record this as well.
Hope it works!

9:00PM PST to 11:00PM PST.
107.7 The Bone
www.1077thebone.com/home.asp

This Friday Night

VOIVOD enters the Metal Zone

with

newest member Jason Newsted

Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted October 25, 2002 22:09     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yeah, me too. I want a copy of this tape....
nothingface
VoivodFan
Member # 58

posted October 26, 2002 00:54     Profile for nothingface   Email nothingface     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
So far, I like what I'm hearing. Jason's coming off pretty humble about his place in the band, but Piggy's not getting any airtime. Jason's only been an official member for a few weeks and he's the only one talking.

We're about 40 minutes into the 2 hour show. I'm not sure how much longer Voivod will be on since Vio-lence in also on tonight.

I've been recording the show on the Mac and will have an edited copy posted later tonight.

nothingface
VoivodFan
Member # 58

posted October 26, 2002 01:21     Profile for nothingface   Email nothingface     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
So far, Jasonic's played two songs from "Angel Rat" and only one Warcorpse-era tune, "Thrashing Rage".

Warcorpse must be crapping his pants over this.

nothingface
VoivodFan
Member # 58

posted October 26, 2002 02:03     Profile for nothingface   Email nothingface     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Perhaps it's the eternal cynic in me, but somehow I knew this would turn into a night of plugging all things Newsted.

I know the guy's got a lot of other projects going at the Chophouse but perhaps they should have been saved for a more appropriate time than a night billed as Voivod's.

I guess it's just me being a crabby bastard.

Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted October 26, 2002 09:17     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I can only go by what you've said on this but as long as VoiVod is the main thing that Newsted is plugging then I guess this is okay. Course it does make you wonder if this was supposed to be a night of VoiVod. Let's keep one thing in mind....Multi-Verse is not out yet. So to me, it would not make sense to really have an advertising blitzkrieg until people have something to listen to. But I know what you're saying Nothingface, it is painful for VV fans not to have VV at the center of the stage.

For one thing, how much longer would we be waiting for an album if not for the involvement of Newsted. We know VV's past experiences with record labels have been really sorry to say the least. Newsted seems to have the resources and name recognition to get this band maximum exposure through a decent tour, advertising, and album distribution. At least this "appears" to be the case if you look at the Chophouse site. Whatever the case, the guys seem to be having a lot of fun out there in Cali. Might as well since this could be the last big splash.

Thrashiq
VoivodFan
Member # 21

posted October 26, 2002 12:36     Profile for Thrashiq   Email Thrashiq     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Naah guys, it wasn't all abuot plugging Jason, he was being totally cool. Like a little fanboy, a rich kid who's gotten his fave band to fly over and come jam with him seems like, hahaha....

HE's fucking funny though.

And he was saying how VoiVod fans are fucking loyal as shit, about messages on the VoiVod board (I'm assuming the official one) about how it's NOT a Newsted project, how he's just the 4th wheel, how NOT to fuck with the mighty VoiVod, bla bla bla, hahaha it was funny.

Billy Steel kept saying it was a "pick on Newsted" scenario on the VoiVod board AHAHAHA!!!!!!

And VIO-LENCE!!!!! X-D did you manage to record the Vio-lence bit as well? I got a shoutout towards the end!!!!! WOOOOOO!!!!!

X-D
VoivodFan
Member # 3

posted October 26, 2002 18:16     Profile for X-D   Email X-D     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hey Vodfans,

Well, it's more of a Jason interview than anything else, but (EDIT: no longer posted) it is... trimmed down to just the interview segments (about 32.5 minutes).

Sorry Thrashiq, I didn't get much of the stuff after Jason and Piggy left.

I'll keep this posted for about a week or so. Enjoy!

Ok, the interview is no longer posted. Cheers! (11/06/2002)

K
VoivodFan
Member # 6

posted October 26, 2002 19:01     Profile for K   Email K     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I got 2 hours recorded, on Cassette Tape, but for some reason,
the Right channel is fried on my tape-deck input...
so i have only a left-channel recording.
I think i got all the VIO-LENCE segment,
but was too wasted to remember any of it.

Jason did most of the talking, but was funny, like Thrashiq said.
Piggy is a pretty quiet guy anyway, aint he?

Remember...it was always Steel who asked about the other Chophouse projects...and Jason responded. Nothing wrong with that.
The enthusiasm Jason exibited when talking VOIVOD....was amazing!
He is now a member of the Band he has ALWAYS wanted to be a part of!
Thats cool!
Like a Dream-come-true for him.

Too bad they werent able to play a Sample of the new stuff.
They did play a lot of ANGEL RAT.
Warcorpse was probably going nuts at that point.
Look at it this way...
They played all BLACKY ON BASS stuff!

I liked the way Steel does his show.
That was nice.

Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted October 26, 2002 22:41     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I'm listening to it right now. Much thanks X-D. Kula, man, only the left speaker???? Dude, you got it together!!!

Having just finished it I have to say the funniest part was when Jason was making fun of that band Flex Bronco. "Like dude, I've got a huge list of band names, let me see if I can help these guys out!"

K
VoivodFan
Member # 6

posted October 28, 2002 08:43     Profile for K   Email K     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yeah, that was pretty funny.
Flex Bronco....WTF???

Thanks X-D for posting the Interview.
I'm sure Voivod will make another visit to 107 in Nov. or Dec.
Hope they can play some Samples then.

h
VoivodFan
Member # 8

posted October 28, 2002 10:54     Profile for h   Email h     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Cheers again X-D ol' buddy! I've just finished downloading it (*@!$ing dial-up connection!) and I'm listening now. Thanks for helping all those of us who would otherwise miss out. The tape trading scene is alive and digital!!!
Delightful Little Capuchin Monkey
VoivodFan
Member # 65

posted October 28, 2002 11:43     Profile for Delightful Little Capuchin Monkey   Email Delightful Little Capuchin Monkey     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
'Nothingface on steroids'

Man, that's tantalzing. I'd love nothing more than for the new stuff to have the agression of Killing Technology, the cool/weird/psychedelic punchiness of Nothingface and then stir the pot up and make it sound like nothing we've ever heard them do.

All times are ET
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan