my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » Greetings from the Chophouse

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Greetings from the Chophouse
Dana
VoivodFan
Member # 130

posted October 14, 2002 23:16     Profile for Dana   Email Dana     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Just wanted to come over to say hey...
Alot of you guys have found your way to the Chophouse and have been checking in regularly so I figured I would do the same here...

I am new to the Voivod experience but I assure you that I am not a "metallica hick" type person by any means... I have been a Newsted fan since his days in Flotsam and are so glad that he escaped to clutches of Metallica to play the music he truely loves... I recently purchased a used copy of "Phobos" and it is amazing... It was the only one I could find in the store... I have ordered Demension Hatross and Nothing Face on the advise Satan, XD and a few more of you and I cant wait to ge them...

I am sure that some of you are not real happy with Jasonic, but just give it a chance before you jump to conclusions...

The Chophouse has dedicated a forum for "VoiVod" and the guys will be posting on the boards from the studio, so come over and check it out... www.chophouserecords.com

|  IP: Logged
Skul
VoivodFan
Member # 19

posted October 15, 2002 00:22     Profile for Skul   Email Skul     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Well, i'd like to say Welcome Dana to this board.. come for the music, stay for the beer

I think you'll definately enjoy the Voivod experience. Wait til you hear and believe Dimension Hatross...

Helldriver
VoivodFan
Member # 46

posted October 15, 2002 04:30     Profile for Helldriver   Email Helldriver     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Welcome aboard Dana!!!
don't forget Killing Technology and War and Pain...

The Neverman
VoivodFan
Member # 4

posted October 15, 2002 04:37     Profile for The Neverman   Email The Neverman     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Welcome aboard Dana!

Nice to see a Chophouser post on this site!!!

You're definitely in for some great experience with Dimension Hatross and Nothingface, wow, I wish I could hear those for the first time again. Be sure to share your feelings with us and tell what you think of those two.

h
VoivodFan
Member # 8

posted October 15, 2002 05:01     Profile for h   Email h     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Welcome! It's like a meeting of two tribes! I've posted a few times over at the chophouse and I'm envious of all the Jasonic fans who are about to discover the worlds of Voivod for the first time. Like Outcast, I almost wish I had never heard Voivod too, just so I can listen to Hatross for the first time again! You folks are in for an amazing journey through Piggy's twisted riffs!
schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted October 15, 2002 08:01     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Welcome aboard!!!
I too have been a huge Jason fan since the first time 'Doomsday' was released and I played it to death. I thought Metallica was lucky to have such a great player in their band to replace another great bassist, but they were stupid for not letting him contribute more to the band...they would have been heavier if they let him actually write some songs!!!

You will soon find out why so many of us Voivod fans miss Blacky on bass, once you start devouring the classicks:
Nothingface
Dimention Hatross
Killing Technology

ENJOY, one of the best most underrated metal bands of all time!!!

K
VoivodFan
Member # 6

posted October 15, 2002 08:15     Profile for K   Email K     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hi Dana!

I'm happy to hear you picked up PHOBOS.
Definitely one of my Favorites, (but not every song on it.)

Phobos had Eric Forest (E-Force) on Bass & Vox.
He was also on the 'Negatron' CD.

For all the VOIVOD History through Interviews
and Articles...be sure to check out the rest
of this site. Some really interresting reading there.

Cheers!
(King Kula aka/ Satan)

Väinämöinen
VoivodFan
Member # 27

posted October 15, 2002 09:15     Profile for Väinämöinen   Email Väinämöinen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hello and welcome onboard Dana!

It's been said before here, but...

...I envy you for getting to hear all Voivod stuff for the first time!!

Mr. Phobia
VoivodFan
Member # 66

posted October 15, 2002 14:24     Profile for Mr. Phobia   Email Mr. Phobia     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
there goes the neighborhood
X-D
VoivodFan
Member # 3

posted October 15, 2002 14:53     Profile for X-D   Email X-D     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Cheers and welcome Dana! Glad your diggin' Phobos man! Dimension Hatross and Nothingface are very different from but they are a couple of my favs! You're in for a treat!

Thanks for providing a nitche for all us Vodfans on the Chophouse forum! Great forum and cool people. Can't wait for the recording updates!

space monger
VoivodFan
Member # 41

posted October 15, 2002 15:06     Profile for space monger   Email space monger     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Welcome Dana!

Cool of you to stop by this forum and read all the interesting things. If you fish around the rest of the site, there is other great Voivod stuff to check out too.

Sounds like a great idea with the guys posting from the studio soon on Chophouse, i'll have to make a cyber stop there.

AngelRat
VoivodFan
Member # 88

posted October 15, 2002 15:19     Profile for AngelRat   Email AngelRat     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Welcome!

'Phobos' is a great album. The other albums are also fantastic, of course. 'Dimension Hatross' changed my view on music forever. I'm proud to be a VOIVODFAN!

CHEERS, AR / CvP!

Dana
VoivodFan
Member # 130

posted October 15, 2002 22:48     Profile for Dana   Email Dana     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
It seems to me that Voivod has the same "cool" type community as the Chophouse has... Glad to be here... Thanks for all the cool "welcomes"...

I should have my CD's in a week, so I will be sure to post my thoughts... I cant wait...

I know that there is alot of excitement in the air over at the Chophouse, as the guys have entered the studio...

We are working on some really cool stuff to keep you guys updated as the recording process continues... Maybe studio pics? Sessions diaries?... Yeah never know... I will keep you guys updated...

Hey Satan, Are you gonna join forces with me on the Chophouse boards???

satan
VoivodFan
Member # 35

posted October 16, 2002 08:36     Profile for satan   Email satan     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Dana:
Hey Satan, Are you gonna join forces with me on the Chophouse boards???

Yes! In fact...i am!
Sent my awnser to 'Mastorp' yesterday afternoon.

Email me your Email Address so we can get this coordinated.

Satan is ready to go!

K
VoivodFan
Member # 6

posted October 17, 2002 08:43     Profile for K   Email K     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Do you think any of those AVOID songs will be on the New CD? Re-worked?
h
VoivodFan
Member # 8

posted October 17, 2002 10:03     Profile for h   Email h     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Excellent question 'Corpse. I hope you get a response on that one.

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan