my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » hey noitall

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: hey noitall
Mr. Phobia
VoivodFan
Member # 66

posted October 14, 2002 16:36     Profile for Mr. Phobia   Email Mr. Phobia     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
the donnas are on jay leno, tonight

!!!!!black cloud fucking rules!!!!!

|  IP: Logged
nia
VoivodFan
Member # 9

posted October 14, 2002 17:12     Profile for nia   Email nia     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Go Donnas! Thanks Phobia, I will certainly tune in!

Hey, Happy Canadian Thanksgiving everybody...

Mr. Phobia
VoivodFan
Member # 66

posted October 15, 2002 14:32     Profile for Mr. Phobia   Email Mr. Phobia     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
d'ya see it?
they rocked a little bit harder than i thought they did/would, thanks to the loud guitar riffing

the guitar donna was making ace frehley faces, and she was doing it on purpose
(i think that's why she dyed her hair, if, in fact, she did)

in america, thanksgiving is about thanking our lucky stars that the indians were so few and far between that it was hella easy to swipe the country off 'em
what is it about in canada?

nia
VoivodFan
Member # 9

posted October 15, 2002 14:38     Profile for nia   Email nia     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yeah I saw it. I hate vocals on tv, bleah. I love the Donnas drummer tho, but I always think girl drummers are cool. I wonder how they're going to deal with being on a major? Wait and see, I guess.

As for Canadian Thanksgiving:

quote:
The first formal Canadian Thanksgiving was held just over 40 years prior to the pilgrims landing in Massachusetts. An English explorer named Martin Frobisher had been trying to find a northern passage to the Orient. He did not succeed but he did establish a settlement in Northern America and he did celebrate a harvest feast. This is considered the first Canadian Thanksgiving.

The Americans who remained faithful to the government in England were known as Loyalists. At the time of the American revolution, they moved to Canada and spread the Thanksgiving celebration to other parts of the country. Many of the new English settlers from Great Britain were also used to having a harvest celebration in their churches every autumn.

Eventually in 1879, Parliament declared November 6th a day of Thanksgiving and a national holiday. Over the years many dates were used for Thanksgiving, the most popular was the 3rd Monday in October. After World War I, both Armistice Day and Thanksgiving were celebrated on the Monday of the week in which November 11th occurred. Ten years later, in 1931, the two days became separate holidays and Armistice Day was renamed Remembrance Day.

And now you know. Btw, if you watch the movie The Black Robe you'll see that it was little harder to swipe land from the Indians here, but they did it anyway.

Mr. Phobia
VoivodFan
Member # 66

posted October 15, 2002 15:40     Profile for Mr. Phobia   Email Mr. Phobia     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
i wondered what the hell the donnas were doing on jay leno
a major record label is to blame, as usual

so, it's all about the harvest, once again...
makes me think i know what i'm doing

disclaimer: i'm not exactly sure what anything i post means, either

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan