my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » Question for X-D (Page 1)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2

Author Topic: Question for X-D
nia
VoivodFan
Member # 9

posted October 14, 2002 13:31     Profile for nia   Email nia     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
So, X-D, in your post in the voivod forum [ http://voivod.com/ubb/Forum1/HTML/001076.html ] you said something about the word ********* being censored there. Hmmm, so it's 9 letters. What could it be... Does it start with a v and end with an n? lmao...
 |  IP: Logged
X-D
VoivodFan
Member # 3

posted October 14, 2002 14:14     Profile for X-D   Email X-D     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
You guessed corretly Noitall. I typed up a big rant about it for the "message board censorship" thread but decided not to post it. I'm wondering why I bothered defending the moderation over there in the first place. And yeah, I'm annoyed. I think I'm pretty much done posting over there.

I am very happy to be a part of this forum however, where free speech is allowed.

I feel that all of us Voivodfans should freely be able to use the word "Voivodfan", whenever the hell we feel like it!

K
VoivodFan
Member # 6

posted October 14, 2002 15:04     Profile for K   Email K     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
OMG!!!

Did i just see X-D say what i thought he said???

X-D...Satan understands.
v o i v o d f a n . c o m shall NOT be Banned!

Skul
VoivodFan
Member # 19

posted October 14, 2002 15:50     Profile for Skul   Email Skul     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Censorship? what the fuck is that?

nia
VoivodFan
Member # 9

posted October 14, 2002 17:22     Profile for nia   Email nia     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I was hoping I was wrong. That's just too silly for words.
X-D
VoivodFan
Member # 3

posted October 14, 2002 18:09     Profile for X-D   Email X-D     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
It's funny... I found out because I used the term "Voivodfans" (referring to the general Voivod fanbase), in my reply and when I posted it came up "*********s". All I cold say was WTF!?!

It just seems to me that if Yuri had the best interests of the band in mind, he would encourage the creation and use of quality fan sites such as Voivodfan.com. Shit like this is so petty and in bad taste IMHO.

Marginal
VoivodFan
Member # 116

posted October 14, 2002 19:21     Profile for Marginal   Email Marginal     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
that's lame ...
Skul
VoivodFan
Member # 19

posted October 14, 2002 19:47     Profile for Skul   Email Skul     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Well, i could just rehash the same shit i've already said plenty of times about that motherfucker with his deity-itis (an infection that oozes superlativity) and his ways to divide the internet fanbase, to a degree, but I wont this time.

I think the manager couldnt give a shit, either. It's probably a situation of "Here's your site, do whatever the fuck you want with it".

Oh but what do i know.. i'm just a *********.

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted October 14, 2002 19:53     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Skulhed:
Well, i could just rehash the same shit i've already said plenty of times about that motherfucker with his deity-itis (an infection that oozes superlativity) and his ways to divide the internet fanbase, to a degree, but I wont this time.

I think the manager couldnt give a shit, either. It's probably a situation of "Here's your site, do whatever the fuck you want with it".

Oh but what do i know.. i'm just a *********.

I'm glad you were able to control yourself Skulhead You're correct all of us ********* don't know shit!!!

h
VoivodFan
Member # 8

posted October 15, 2002 05:14     Profile for h   Email h     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
That's fucking daft. How about banning four letter words that start with Y and end in i?
The Devil's Advocate
VoivodFan
Member # 92

posted October 15, 2002 05:16     Profile for The Devil's Advocate   Email The Devil's Advocate     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yeah, I too was going to post something under the "Rant..." topic...
Guess what people?
"Sorry, but your IP Number is currently banned in our forums. You may not post or register on our site."

Yeah, The Advocate has been kicked from Voivod's so called official site, duh!
This is so lame.

I guess X-D is next in line for "simple ranting", and Satan for "alternate typing of unacceptable words".

How far will it go? The bastard owns the name and keeps kicking everybody out.

Voivod needs a real cool site to fit their real cool concept, and censorship is certainly not part of that by any means.

Someone stop the stupid fool before it's too late.

PS. At least, the band will report from the studio on the Chophouse site and not on their OFF-icial site!!!

Your E
Junior VoivodFan
Member # 131

posted October 15, 2002 05:29     Profile for Your E   Email Your E     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
What the fuck is going on???
Väinämöinen
VoivodFan
Member # 27

posted October 15, 2002 08:43     Profile for Väinämöinen   Email Väinämöinen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Noitall:
[...] you said something about the word ********* being censored there. Hmmm, so it's 9 letters. What could it be... Does it start with a v and end with an n? lmao...

Väi-nä-möi-nen...phew, that's 11 letters!!

I thought Yuri had got over this ego problem, but it just keeps getting worse!?! Maybe he should change the name of his site to "******.com"? Or perhaps "Isaywhatyousay.com"?

K
VoivodFan
Member # 6

posted October 15, 2002 08:45     Profile for K   Email K     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Any new Visitors who are reading this Thread-

Avoid the voivod.com site.
The Majority of Voivod Fans, Musicians and Collectors are HERE (voivodfan.com) because
we have Freedom of Speech here.
We wont be Banned and Censored like at voivod.com.

Yuri, the Communist Dictator and Owner of voivod.com has taken it upon himself to
Oppress Opinions that are not of his liking.
(Just like they do in Communist China.)

Nobody can feel comfortable Posting over there for fear that theyre Post might be Deleted,
or they might be BANNED Completely!
A number of us have been Banned already...and the list just grows.
So...just avoid the place completely.

It is unfortunate that things are this way.
If the VOIVOD Guys really knew what was happening...they might be upset.
But it is Yuri's Site...and he can play Dictator if he wants to i guess.

WELCOME, Newbies, to a place where all Opinions and Views are welcome!
Feel free to jump right in to any convo that interests you!

Cheers!
(King Kula aka/ Satan)

Väinämöinen
VoivodFan
Member # 27

posted October 15, 2002 09:19     Profile for Väinämöinen   Email Väinämöinen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I can't resist...I'm going to test if I'll get banned too for writing the magic words...I'll report tomorrow!
Slaytanic
VoivodFan
Member # 28

posted October 15, 2002 09:55     Profile for Slaytanic   Email Slaytanic     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Surrealistic, that's what this situation is! I, too, will post at ****.com (starts with an "y", ends with an "i"), just to see what happens.
Slaytanic
VoivodFan
Member # 28

posted October 15, 2002 11:01     Profile for Slaytanic   Email Slaytanic     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
So be it! I ran into ****.com and typed the magic word. Funny, I didn't even know he could censor it automatically! I thought he would have to visit the threads and correct that later! Gotta study some programming...

Hey, Corpse, are you able to censor the term "Voivod Maniac" here as well? Just wondering...

K
VoivodFan
Member # 6

posted October 15, 2002 11:26     Profile for K   Email K     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I dont know about you folks, but SATAN is able to type v o i v o d f a n . c o m with no problems whatsoever!

The Neverman
VoivodFan
Member # 4

posted October 15, 2002 11:33     Profile for The Neverman   Email The Neverman     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hail Satan!

Slaytanic
VoivodFan
Member # 28

posted October 15, 2002 16:54     Profile for Slaytanic   Email Slaytanic     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by King Kula Shaker:
I dont know about you folks, but SATAN is able to type v o i v o d f a n . c o m with no problems whatsoever!

Yes, I noticed that. The tricky bastard...

X-D
VoivodFan
Member # 3

posted October 15, 2002 17:28     Profile for X-D   Email X-D     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Satan has evil powers, that allow him to move from forum to forum at will, and type in ways that us mere mortals cannot possibly understand!
Väinämöinen
VoivodFan
Member # 27

posted October 16, 2002 06:26     Profile for Väinämöinen   Email Väinämöinen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Well, Y**i hasn't banned me (or esp Satan ) yet. Strange. Maybe it's the infernal powers of our Texan friend?
Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted October 16, 2002 06:33     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Have you guys been reading what our horned friend has been posting over there at the forum??? I laughed my ass off.
Väinämöinen
VoivodFan
Member # 27

posted October 16, 2002 07:09     Profile for Väinämöinen   Email Väinämöinen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yeah, but shouldn't he mention voivodfan.com sometime too?
The Neverman
VoivodFan
Member # 4

posted October 16, 2002 08:12     Profile for The Neverman   Email The Neverman     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by h:
How about banning four letter words that start with Y and end in i?

Whaddyamean?

YetI? YogI? YupI? YjskI? YiyI?

I'm confused...

All times are ET
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan