my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » LOUD World (Page 1)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2

Author Topic: LOUD World
Tangento
VoivodFan
Member # 117

posted October 12, 2002 07:41     Profile for Tangento   Email Tangento     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
OK, easy one.
No BRAIN required.
Suggest a song that will FUCK the MIND.
Suggest it LOUD, once a day, with brief explanation if you wish.

To start:

1. NO ONE by Fear Factory

Some people dogged this last
FF CD, "Obsolete";
They didn't have it LOUD enough.

Next?

|  IP: Logged
Nuclear Vampire
VoivodFan
Member # 20

posted October 12, 2002 10:11     Profile for Nuclear Vampire   Email Nuclear Vampire     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Obsolete is a great album! I guess the introduction of some electronic sounds bothered a few people. It's still their heaviest album.
No One is from Digimortal. I dug a few tracks from it, but it sounded a bit "nu" for my tastes.

Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted October 12, 2002 10:18     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
CUTTHROAT,CUTTHROATTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT

by Sepultura. I wonder if they do that one on the new album.

Slaytanic
VoivodFan
Member # 28

posted October 12, 2002 12:07     Profile for Slaytanic   Email Slaytanic     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Mezcalhead:
CUTTHROAT,CUTTHROATTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT

by Sepultura. I wonder if they do that one on the new album.

Y'mean the live one? Sure they do, they (almost) play the entire "Roots" album!

BTW, my pick is Immortal's One By One.

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted October 12, 2002 12:39     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
HAPPY WITH WHAT YOU HAVE TO BE HAPPY WITH by King Crimson - cd ep of the same name...devastating...play it LOUD!!!
X-D
VoivodFan
Member # 3

posted October 12, 2002 12:44     Profile for X-D   Email X-D     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
LITTLE JUDAS CHONGO!!!! from the latest MELVINS record Hostile Ambient Takeover! Must be played LOUD!

I can't recommend the MELVINS enough to Vodheads!

neutrino
VoivodFan
Member # 22

posted October 12, 2002 14:44     Profile for neutrino   Email neutrino     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
ok, after playing (LOUD!) ...
Walking Corpse (Brutal Truth)
A Hollow Truce (Bolt Thrower)
Lowest Common Denominator (new Napalm Death, awesome!)
Corporal Jigsore Quandary (the Berzerker's version)
... I got back to that one that fucks everything :

SERIAL KILLER by MACABRE

(what a fuckin drummer! )

my neighbours hate me already anyway...

K
VoivodFan
Member # 6

posted October 12, 2002 17:56     Profile for K   Email K     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
HANGNAIL - Side/Slide
Black Sabbath - Trashed
Black Sabbath - Zero the Hero
(Both from the 'Born Again' Album.)
Hawkwind - Hassan I Sahba
Motorhead - Orgasmatron
Marilyn Manson - Irresponsable Hate Anthem
Geezer - Trinity Road

PLAY THEM LOUD ENOUGH FOR THE CHIEF OF POLICE TO HEAR!!!

Great Topic, Tangento!

Tangento
VoivodFan
Member # 117

posted October 13, 2002 00:07     Profile for Tangento   Email Tangento     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Wow, I haven't heard Trashed in years. Do you remember the video? Gawd it was weird as fuck. It would probably look really cheap now. Great song!

Song for today:

"I Don't Need Society" - Dirty Rotten Imbeciles

As loud as humanly possible.

BlackCloud
VoivodFan
Member # 122

posted October 13, 2002 01:26     Profile for BlackCloud   Email BlackCloud     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
This is a fucking no-brainer!!! I'm so surprised no-one has yet mentioned it...the best metal album of all time: "REIGN IN BLOOD!!!" "Every goddamned song on it!"

oh, yeah...and PLAY IT LOUD !!!

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted October 13, 2002 06:06     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
TRASHED is one of my favorite Sab tunes it just kicks ass.
Nuclear Vampire
VoivodFan
Member # 20

posted October 13, 2002 09:41     Profile for Nuclear Vampire   Email Nuclear Vampire     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
My LD pick of the day is Dimmu Borgir - Kings Of The Carnival Creation. Crank that fucker up!!!!
Skul
VoivodFan
Member # 19

posted October 13, 2002 10:31     Profile for Skul   Email Skul     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
"Denial of Life" by Death.

Blast it.

Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted October 13, 2002 19:31     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Skul picked a good one there.

I'm gonna have to say "Convoys of Nothingness" by Enslaved. That blows my ass away everytime. It has to be cranked!

Juan87
VoivodFan
Member # 87

posted October 14, 2002 01:22     Profile for Juan87   Email Juan87     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
The song "Pleasures of the Flesh" by Exodus. The beginning is all-out psycho when it's cranked up, really tribal shit. And during the song, Tom Hunting keeps doing that drum trick where it sounds like a fucking bomb going off. BRUTAL!!!
h
VoivodFan
Member # 8

posted October 14, 2002 04:56     Profile for h   Email h     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Confessor 'Condemened'. It will cause those around you to weep if blasted good 'n' loud! And it's fucking excellent!
Hey Kula - you picked my favourite hangnail tune!!

Väinämöinen
VoivodFan
Member # 27

posted October 14, 2002 04:58     Profile for Väinämöinen   Email Väinämöinen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
These pop to mind:
"Bomb Threat" from Kreator's "Cause for Conflict"

"Negatron" and "Bio-TV" from you know where.

"Metal Heart" from the Accept album of the same title

Iron Maiden's "Trooper" (yes, I still love that song!)

The second track on Anthrax's "Vol.8"

The last song on Death Angel's "Frolic Through the Park"

Tangento
VoivodFan
Member # 117

posted October 14, 2002 06:06     Profile for Tangento   Email Tangento     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Reconquering the Throne - Kreator
~Fucking INTENSE

M is for Martha - The Accused
~Unrelenting MAYHEM, Unleashed

LOUD AS FUCK

Emlyn K Helicopter
VoivodFan
Member # 44

posted October 14, 2002 08:20     Profile for Emlyn K Helicopter   Email Emlyn K Helicopter     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Something - anything - from the latest Alec Empire album.

Then again, all his songs sound stupidly loud and angry whatever volume you play them at.

Helldriver
VoivodFan
Member # 46

posted October 15, 2002 05:03     Profile for Helldriver   Email Helldriver     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Entombed - Crawl
Kreator - Mind of Fire
Carnivore - World war 3 and 4
Voivod - Tornado
Slayer - Necrophobic

The Neverman
VoivodFan
Member # 4

posted October 15, 2002 05:39     Profile for The Neverman   Email The Neverman     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Voivod - To the Death
Nocturnus - Standing in Blood
Sodom - Nuclear Winter
Metallica - Fight Fire With Fire (live '84)

Slaytanic
VoivodFan
Member # 28

posted October 15, 2002 11:06     Profile for Slaytanic   Email Slaytanic     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by The Outcast:
Sodom - Nuclear Winter

Krisiun did a cover version of this one for some Sodom tribute, and I must pick this one as a mindfucker. It is insane!

Spawn_of_SATAN_666
VoivodFan
Member # 62

posted October 15, 2002 11:06     Profile for Spawn_of_SATAN_666   Email Spawn_of_SATAN_666     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
i agree with king and add a little f- the police by ratm.
dark pleasures- then the cops would think you were phsycotic hehehe

space monger
VoivodFan
Member # 41

posted October 15, 2002 14:59     Profile for space monger   Email space monger     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Jagermonsta and Horror of Yig by GWAR always put me in a sweat, and make me laugh at the same time.
AngelRat
VoivodFan
Member # 88

posted October 15, 2002 15:30     Profile for AngelRat   Email AngelRat     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
IMMOLATION - 'Close to a World Below'!
ALL songs from that album.

Also:
Any OLD Slayer song (especially the song 'Seasons in the Abyss')
Metallica - 'Fight Fire with Fire'
Winter - 'Servants of the Warsmen'
Pentagram - 'Drive me to the Grave'
ENTOMBED - 'CHIEF REBEL ANGEL'!!!

All times are ET
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan