my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » Hockey Season! (Page 1)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2 3

Author Topic: Hockey Season!
K
VoivodFan
Member # 6

posted October 11, 2002 08:55     Profile for K   Email K     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
YES! Its here!
Much to the irritation of Noitall... ...here is this years HOCKEY Thread!

(Blame Tangento...he inspired this.)

Tangento is a Kings fan.
MeanMrMustard is a Kings fan as well.
(BTW...where are you MMM?)

King Kula likes New Jersey Devils.
I will also cheer for MONTREAL...since Voivod are from there.

Watch out for my Home Team...the Dallas Stars!

|  IP: Logged
h
VoivodFan
Member # 8

posted October 11, 2002 10:13     Profile for h   Email h     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
The St. Johns Maple Leafs are gonna wip everyone's hairy harris!
Or am I just showing my lack of hockey knowledge here?!!

Slaytanic
VoivodFan
Member # 28

posted October 11, 2002 10:13     Profile for Slaytanic   Email Slaytanic     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I'm a huge... São Paulo F.C. fan! C'mon, why don't we have a football (soccer?) thread here, since there are many European people here, and even some South American as well? Think I'm starting one, for Korgull's sake!
K
VoivodFan
Member # 6

posted October 11, 2002 10:33     Profile for K   Email K     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yes! This IS a Hockey Thread, you silly Ball-Kickers!

Now if they had Football on ICE....That would be interresting!

Tangento
VoivodFan
Member # 117

posted October 11, 2002 20:27     Profile for Tangento   Email Tangento     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Haha!
Right on...
Hockey vs. Soccer
hmmm let's see.
WHAT is more interesting to watch?

A. a bunch of human squids whos uniform doesn't even match that of their goalie's; they run back and forth, up and down, side to side, up/ down, back/ forth & diagonal & sideways... running, running, once in a while kicking, running.
...all the while chasing after a PC ebony and ivory ball, and after about 238 minutes of NO scoring chances, one goes in and a guy yells
GGGGGGGGOOOOOOAAAAAAALLLLLLLL!!!!!!!!
(no wonder he is so excited, something actually HAPPENED).
Tedium.

Or:

B. A bunch of scrappy, toothless maniacs with sticks and skates, war it out on the frozen battlefield, with fast pace, 3-on-2's, breakaways, power plays, tape to tape stick-hopping passes, Epic Brawls, speed, skill, power and finesse.
Blistering slap shots, lethal one-timers, deadly accurate wristers going top-shelf or 5-hole, bone-crushing body checks, momentum shifts, battles along the boards, stellar & human contortionist goalie saves and awesome individual effort.
Once in a while you even get crowd "participation" when a mutant goon like Tie Dummy decides to "take matters into his own hands".
And even in a low-scoring game, the tension is constant; infact, even more so.

You choose.

The worldwide popularity of soccer has always baffled me.

h
VoivodFan
Member # 8

posted October 12, 2002 09:42     Profile for h   Email h     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
The genius of Voivod's music has baffled many mortals in the same away. I guess you got 1 out of 2, so consider yourself lucky!!
K
VoivodFan
Member # 6

posted October 12, 2002 18:23     Profile for K   Email K     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
HAHAHAHA!!!! Right-on, Tangento!!!

I think H and Slaytanic need a good Cross-check!

Then we can sit down for Weed & Beer.

GO DEVILS!!!!

Dallas beat Anaheim 4-1 the other night with a few really good fights.

Slaytanic
VoivodFan
Member # 28

posted October 13, 2002 18:23     Profile for Slaytanic   Email Slaytanic     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by h:
The genius of Voivod's music has baffled many mortals in the same away. I guess you got 1 out of 2, so consider yourself lucky!!

I... I... I'm speechless...

Probably you US guys will never understand the magic of a football (err... soccer?) match. This obviously does not make you any worse than us. It only makes your life not complete...

nia
VoivodFan
Member # 9

posted October 13, 2002 19:17     Profile for nia   Email nia     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote

Right on Slaytanic. I'll take soccer over hockey any day...

Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted October 13, 2002 19:28     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yeah, I went to a hockey game down here and wasn't exactly impressed. Why? Well, everyone in the audience were from up North so I had to listen to that accent all night. Not just at normal volume but yelled in my ears. "Uhhhh...Herb...could you pass me some mah fries...." Then I have to sit there and watch the twits skate back and forth, back and forth, back and forth....shit, I thought it would never end.....the only moments of relief were the fights.....unfortunately not enough players got involved. I was hoping for an all out brawl involving the entire team plus the coaches.....
Layla's Dad
VoivodFan
Member # 48

posted October 13, 2002 22:51     Profile for Layla's Dad   Email Layla's Dad     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Not sure where you saw that game Mezcal
but I can tell you I saw your hometown
Augusta Lynx beat the Richmond Renegades
in Augusta one night a couple years ago
and it was an epic. That game had everything
a hockey fan could want. The descriptions
Tangento uses to describe hockey are perfect
for the minor pro leagues down here. Although
not as fast & skilled as the NHL boys, the
minor leaguers play with the grit & determination
you don't see in the NHL til the postseason.
Maybe it's an acquired taste since we didn't
grow up playing anything but football and
baseball down here but I've really grown to be
a huge hockey fan.
BTW, are there any Atlantic City Boardwalk
Bullies fans here? They were formerly the
Birmingham Bulls. Poor attendance killed
'em off in Alabama. They were my favorite
team.

h
VoivodFan
Member # 8

posted October 14, 2002 05:01     Profile for h   Email h     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Slaytanic :
I... I... I'm speechless...

Probably you US guys will never understand the magic of a football (err... soccer?) match. This obviously does not make you any worse than us. It only makes your life not complete...

hang on... just wanna point out that my post was pro-football there. Hockey's fun, but it's nothing near the beautiful game. And if anyone saw the Slovakia v England game over the weekend, you'll know what football on ice would be like!

Väinämöinen
VoivodFan
Member # 27

posted October 14, 2002 05:20     Profile for Väinämöinen   Email Väinämöinen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
...and if you've seen the Finnish national soccer team play, you know how ice hockey on grass looks like!! (well, with the exception of Litmanen maybe)
Tangento
VoivodFan
Member # 117

posted October 14, 2002 06:15     Profile for Tangento   Email Tangento     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Kula:
"Dallas beat Anaheim 4-1 the other night with a few really good fights."

Isn't there a way they can BOTH lose? Without a point for either?
Too bad about Arnott the other night. (haha)
Folded his leg but GOOD.
God I hate Anaheim. Why is Kariya still even there?

How 'bout my Kings takin' out Deee-troit with yet another Jason Allison Power Play Goal? Huh? The guy is unstoppable.
I like it.

K
VoivodFan
Member # 6

posted October 14, 2002 08:30     Profile for K   Email K     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Detroit is one tough team too!
Joseph is probably the best Goalie out there right now!
Lookout for them to be in the Playoffs again.

Congrads on beating them!

Yeah...Arnott came from NJ Devils so i kinda like him.
Hope he will be ok & back soon.

You better put Nov. 23 on the Calendar!
Dallas will come to LA and break-open a Can
of King Kula Texas-Sized WHIPASS!

Tangento
VoivodFan
Member # 117

posted October 16, 2002 14:29     Profile for Tangento   Email Tangento     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Shit, Kula...
Did ya see that GOAL?
Turgeon somehow flips the thing Up & Over from behind the net, and Lehtinen somehow One-Times the fluttering puck right the fuck in.
A team with that combination of luck and skill is dangerous.

Dana
VoivodFan
Member # 130

posted October 16, 2002 19:45     Profile for Dana   Email Dana     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Well, I know that "Kula" will have alot to say about this, but I will post it anyway...

I am a NY Rangers fan...

PS: I heard that Kula always chants:
The Devils and Bon Joni, Perfect Together!!!

nia
VoivodFan
Member # 9

posted October 16, 2002 19:59     Profile for nia   Email nia     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Ha ha! Dana, I know you just arrived but you seem to be fitting in just fine.

Did anyone see the Queen drop the puck last week? And then she expected the players to shake her hand but they shook each others instead? Hockey players have no sense of decorum.

Tangento
VoivodFan
Member # 117

posted October 17, 2002 03:44     Profile for Tangento   Email Tangento     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Dana:
Well, I know that "Kula" will have alot to say about this, but I will post it anyway...

I am a NY Rangers fan...

Dana, You can forget about Kula, you got probs RIGHT HERE and NOW.
The *Phlyers* are gonna whomp yer BUTT this year. Leclair is BACK (no pun)
As the Rangers Payroll grows, so do their troubles, courtesy of the:

Broadstreet Bullies!

K
VoivodFan
Member # 6

posted October 17, 2002 08:23     Profile for K   Email K     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Dana:

I am a NY Rangers fan...

WHATT???
Bon who?? Jovi?? Whats a Jovi anyways?
I know nothing about this guy.

Rangers? You mean Texas Rangers? lol!

Tangento...i missed that "Over the Net" Goal.
Watch-out for Dallas! They are hungry for that Cup again!
Except...we all know...that New Jersey is gonna win it this year.

Väinämöinen
VoivodFan
Member # 27

posted October 17, 2002 09:45     Profile for Väinämöinen   Email Väinämöinen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Oh no...I tried to view a video clip of that goal by Lehtinen in the 2nd period but our campus' firewall won't let me...*sob*

Anyway, here's a link some of you might find amusing (esp. Slaytanic & h ): http://www.juegototal.com/flash/DEPORTES/HOCKEY/slap_shot.htm

K
VoivodFan
Member # 6

posted October 17, 2002 11:36     Profile for K   Email K     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Whoah! That is a COOL site!

I guess i wont get any work done today.
Gonna be playin all those little games!

Thanks, VN. Trying to get me fired?

Tangento
VoivodFan
Member # 117

posted October 17, 2002 16:14     Profile for Tangento   Email Tangento     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yeah Yeah Bon Jersey Devils, blah blah.
The Phlyers will dispatch your team just the same.

And the Kings Fucked the Duck once again. HA!
Jason Allison is fucking Godhead.

Did you guys click on the link in my last post?
Hockey Fights, hundreds of them, for D/L.
Goalie vs. Goalie, Bench-Clearing Brawls, you name it.

Väinämöinen
VoivodFan
Member # 27

posted October 18, 2002 06:13     Profile for Väinämöinen   Email Väinämöinen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Well, I figured that if your boss tolerates 14-hour daily voiv...sorry, *********.com sessions it won't matter if you play some hockey too!

Just kidding, man!

In fact I didn't even notice there were other games on that site too, I just found the link accidentally while searching for NHL goal clips...good fun IMO!

K
VoivodFan
Member # 6

posted October 18, 2002 08:29     Profile for K   Email K     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Tangento...Thats a Pflyers site!
UGG!! I've been SOILED! Yuk! LOL!
(I love the Fights, Thanks!)

Philadelphia is going DOWN!!!

DEVILS RULE!!!

Here is a Pic of Satan trying
to pick-up little girls in the Park.

VN...Yeah, i think you ARE trying to get me fired!

All times are ET
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2 3

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan