my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » Zeppelin Tour

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Zeppelin Tour
h
VoivodFan
Member # 8

posted October 10, 2002 11:21     Profile for h   Email h     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I've just had a very reliable source tell me that the surviving 3 members of Zeppelin are definately touring together next year, although probably in the US only..... bastards!
 |  IP: Logged
K
VoivodFan
Member # 6

posted October 10, 2002 11:48     Profile for K   Email K     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Will they be in Wheelchairs?

HA!!!!! Just kidding.

h
VoivodFan
Member # 8

posted October 10, 2002 12:06     Profile for h   Email h     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yeah, it's undeniable that the 'old-farts-can't-rock' train of though is gonna come into it. I saw the last Page & Plant tour at they could definately still pull it off then... o'course, they're not any younger now, so who knows? I'd still pay my money to check it out. You'll get a better show than the fucking ozzfest!
K
VoivodFan
Member # 6

posted October 10, 2002 12:11     Profile for K   Email K     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by h:
You'll get a better show than the fucking ozzfest!

Thats for sure!

X-D
VoivodFan
Member # 3

posted October 10, 2002 12:11     Profile for X-D   Email X-D     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Interesting... Last I heard John Paul Jones wasn't even on speaking terms with Plant. Not sure I'm into this. I mean Zeppelin has left a great legacy behind them and I'm not sure I really want to see them dusting off the old 'hits' again, especially without Bonham behind the kit.

Sometimes drummers are replaceable and sometimes they are not. John Bonham was not! I say, let it rest!

MeanMrMustard
VoivodFan
Member # 57

posted October 11, 2002 14:41     Profile for MeanMrMustard   Email MeanMrMustard     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I saw the John Paul Jones band last year when they opened up for King Crimson. I don't know about Page and Plant, but JPJ can still bring it! His show rocked hard. I wouldn't mind seeing this happen at all.
Nate Carson
VoivodFan
Member # 97

posted October 11, 2002 20:54     Profile for Nate Carson   Email Nate Carson     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I saw JPJ with Diamanda Galas in '94. Amazing. He's also produced albums for the Butthole Surfers.

That guy is so much more in touch than Page & Plant (even if they got Albini to produce their last pile of shit).

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted October 11, 2002 21:00     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by MeanMrMustard:
I saw the John Paul Jones band last year when they opened up for King Crimson. I don't know about Page and Plant, but JPJ can still bring it! His show rocked hard. I wouldn't mind seeing this happen at all.

I SAW THAT ONE TOO AND HE WAS INCREDIBLE!!!!! Page and Plant are washed up as far as I'm concerned and haven't done anything worth listening to since In Through The Out Door, but JPJ is TALENTED and proved it on his 2 solo cds released by DGM. He also sings WAY better than Plant can now. If people think Led Zep was only Page and Plant, then they are sadly mistaken.

X-D
VoivodFan
Member # 3

posted October 11, 2002 23:31     Profile for X-D   Email X-D     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Again, I am in full agreement! Jeez, I don't even have to post tonight... you guys are sayin' it all!

I recently gave a listen to that Albini produced Page/Plant album and was dismayed at what a pile of crap it was! Robert Plant is a mere shadow of what he used to be!

BlackCloud
VoivodFan
Member # 122

posted October 12, 2002 00:05     Profile for BlackCloud   Email BlackCloud     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
So who will be drumming? Is it going to be Jason again?
h
VoivodFan
Member # 8

posted October 12, 2002 09:36     Profile for h   Email h     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Man, you guys (as always) know the score. JPJ is easily the best member as far as what he's doing today. The same goes for Geezer Butler in Sabbath though. He's the only one who looks like he can still pull out some riffs! This is why I'd love to see this tour. Page and Plant were cool last time I saw them (about 5 years ago) but JPJ can only make it better.
I hear that it will be Jason (not Jasonic!) on drums, or that guy who was in Little Angels (who sucked, but he can play drums alright). It's bound to be Jason though. That's the only way they can still call it Zeppelin. Well, compared to Ian Astbury singing for the Doors, they can!

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan