my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » More Nile tour bullshit

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: More Nile tour bullshit
Skul
VoivodFan
Member # 19

posted October 09, 2002 12:22     Profile for Skul   Email Skul     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
VOIVOD Still Part Of NILE U.S. Tour: Booking Agent - Oct. 9, 2002

The booking agent in charge of the forthcoming NILE tour of North America has slammed the reports of VOIVOD's non-participation in the trek as "incorrect."

The tour, originally announced as a five-band package also featuring NAPALM DEATH, STRAPPING YOUNG LAD and THE BERZERER, was set to include VOIVOD in the middle slot, with a dozen dates having already been confirmed beginning on January 17th in Houston, Texas.

A Chophouse Records representative, speaking exclusively to BLABBERMOUTH.NET yesterday, put VOIVOD's involvement with the tour in doubt, insisting that the quartet were going to be skipping the NILE tour in favor of a headlining trek following the projected March 2003 release of the band's next album, The Multiverse.

The announcement of VOIVOD's non-participation in the NILE tour evidently came as a surprise to the agent — John Finberg of First Row Talent — who has cited several recent conversations with the band's manager, James MacLean, as proof of the Montreal-based group's continued interest in the package.

"We have received confirmation of [VOIVOD's] participation from the band's manager over five weeks ago and have over 12 confirmed dates (more than half the tour)," Finberg told BLABBERMOUTH.NET. "There was a conversation with the manager of VOIVOD last Monday regarding concerns of the band being able to fulfill 'the entire tour' due to a delay in the recording of the new record, but after we last spoke on the Friday just past, there were no changes. It was mentioned at one point that VOIVOD might indeed miss the first couple of shows but that itself has still not yet been made official either. If anything, the manager of VOIVOD expressed a true desire for the band to do this tour. [MacLean] has handled himself in the most professional manner since day one and we are sure he will continue to do so. So since he has not informed us of this change, this is how it stands. We don't think that this piece of information would just 'slip my mind' and he would 'not remember to call.' "
-------------------------------------

Confusing.

|  IP: Logged
St. Michael
VoivodFan
Member # 36

posted October 09, 2002 12:30     Profile for St. Michael   Email St. Michael     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
yeah whassup with this?
I hope Voivod hit Seattle as earlier reported. I guess we will all have to wait to see what happens with Voivod.....

Nuclear Vampire
VoivodFan
Member # 20

posted October 09, 2002 12:40     Profile for Nuclear Vampire   Email Nuclear Vampire     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
This is getting retarded already. To all of us it's simple: are they on the bill or not? Hopefully this will all be straightened out soon.
K
VoivodFan
Member # 6

posted October 09, 2002 12:42     Profile for K   Email K     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Wow!

I would actually prefer VOIVOD to Headline a Tour, rather than be packaged in the middle with a bunch of other Bands.

I wonder....

Could it be that Voivod will do BOTH?

X-D
VoivodFan
Member # 3

posted October 09, 2002 13:57     Profile for X-D   Email X-D     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Sounds like some shit need to get cleared up! I personally hope they pass on this 'package' tour and do a headlining tour later, with some choice openers! I know I'd be pissed to buy tickets for this show and then find out Voivod is no longer on the bill though!

Finish the record already! Then Tour!

Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted October 09, 2002 18:29     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Dude, I doubt they'd even be allowed an hour. Thirty minutes tops. With all those other bands playing there would be no way. I'm totally for a VV headlined gig. And with Mastadon???? Holy hell, that would rock!!! I also still like the idea of them touring with Crimson.

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan