my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » News Flash - say hi to The Multiverse! (Page 2)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2 

Author Topic: News Flash - say hi to The Multiverse!
X-D
VoivodFan
Member # 3

posted October 10, 2002 16:49     Profile for X-D   Email X-D     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Noitall posted:
Am I the only one wondering if JN's permanent status really means this is the last record?

I have to say that I've been thinking the same thing Noitall. If this were indeed the band's last album, why wouldn't Newsted want to join permanently... it would only be a commitment of a year or so for him which seems to be right in line with his apparent post-Metallica philosophy.

My theory on the "last album" rumor is that the band is basically not planning to continue after they record this album and do one last tour of North America and Europe. UNLESS public reaction is overwhelming and the band has a really good time! Actually bringing in some money obviously wouldn't hurt either... Whether Newsted would even stay after one album is still something I've been wondering too.

Like any other band out there, they all eventually get tired of the lifestyle. Piggy & Away especially must be growing weary of being underappreciated, underpaid, and overtraveled for all the work put into the band. The '90s were mighty tough on Voivod! We'll see. I wouldn't be surprised if the band packed it in after this tour... but one can never tell in this business.

Personally I would love to see another 10 albums out of 'em... and the return of Blacky of course!

|  IP: Logged
Marginal
VoivodFan
Member # 116

posted October 10, 2002 17:25     Profile for Marginal   Email Marginal     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I'm not gay , therefore i won't kiss blacky's ass . I did have some past jobs who were '' permanent '' and i knew that my job was permanent only for a year long ...

If voivod releases another album after '' Multiverse '' , i say it again , Vince Peake would fit perfectly in the band . Even if Jason admires Voivod , Away , Snake and Piggy knows that Jason = metallica ( flotsam ... )= advertising = more customers = more money . They're like everyone : Trying to have enough money for when they'll retire ...

nia
VoivodFan
Member # 9

posted October 10, 2002 17:58     Profile for nia   Email nia     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
For when they retire? How about for their rent for the rest of the year. That's not a joke, btw.

And I'm not a pessimist, I'm a realist.

X-D
VoivodFan
Member # 3

posted October 10, 2002 18:26     Profile for X-D   Email X-D     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Who's ass-kissing?! I'd be fuckin' lying if I said I would rather have anyone on bass duties for Voivod besides Blacky! 1986 through '89 was when Voivod recorded some of their most innovative work, and much of that had to do with the Piggy/Blacky combo attack! Although this scenario is not much more that a pipe-dream, I doubt many Vodheads at all wouldn't rather see the original 4 create some more music together than any other incarnation of this band.

Vincent Peake did a good enough job filling in, but one listen to Overreaction with him on bass, and I can tell you who's got the better tones! I can only hope Jasonic's been listening carefully to his Killing Technology cd!

Ok, cooling down now...

nia
VoivodFan
Member # 9

posted October 10, 2002 18:35     Profile for nia   Email nia     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Btw, Vince Peake is recording a new Groovy Aardvark record right now at Pierre Remillard's (who's playing guitar in Black Cloud) studio.
h
VoivodFan
Member # 8

posted October 11, 2002 05:10     Profile for h   Email h     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Ah fukkit, I don't wanna think that far ahead. I just wanna hear the riffs!
K
VoivodFan
Member # 6

posted October 11, 2002 08:38     Profile for K   Email K     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I agree with H. Thinking that far ahead makes my Brain hurt. Ow!

nothingface
VoivodFan
Member # 58

posted October 11, 2002 08:41     Profile for nothingface   Email nothingface     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by X-D:
I'd be fuckin' lying if I said I would rather have anyone on bass duties for Voivod besides Blacky

Can I get an 'Amen'?

Imran X
VoivodFan
Member # 17

posted October 11, 2002 11:46     Profile for Imran X   Email Imran X     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by nothingface:
Can I get an 'Amen'?

A-FUCKING-MEN!!!!!!!!!

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted October 11, 2002 21:15     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
AMEN, Brothers!!!

I wonder what they do if this is really the last album. I'm sure they aren't sitting on millions of $$$ like Jasonic is. Bill still need to be paid and food and shelter aren't free.

NP: Blow Up Hollywood (cool floaty atmospheric songs with cool vocals and lyyrics, good to mellow out to)

All times are ET
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2 

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan