my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » Message board censorship: A Rant (Page 1)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2

Author Topic: Message board censorship: A Rant
Tangento
VoivodFan
Member # 117

posted October 07, 2002 20:42     Profile for Tangento   Email Tangento     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
First, this has nothing to do with this board. VoivodFan is doing a terrific job here.
NOW:
Are these board moderators using gestapo tactics or what?
Last night I attempted to post a respectable question for Jason on the Chophouse board, and they have failed to either post it or tell me why they haven't.
I am getting sick and tired of these power-mad pee-ons acting like they know what is best for the rest.
Just last week, I had a very popular thread going on the Ipecac board, where I asked people to tell their stories of Mike Patton encounters. I even posted them on a section of my Mr. Bungle feature for all to see.
Then Ipecac's moderators just pulled it. No explanation. There was nothing even remotely offensive or incriminating about it.
THEN, I posted a new thread which questioned these tactics, and guess what? GONE. then another. GONE. Just KICK ME THE FUCK OUT! SAY something to me! ANYTHING but this clandestine BULLSHIT!
Jesus, I am just bent over this.
They are such evasive, boot-licking PUSSIES.

|  IP: Logged
K
VoivodFan
Member # 6

posted October 07, 2002 20:55     Profile for K   Email K     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Tangento...

The 'Ask Jason' area at Chophouse, takes a while to be put on for public view. Mine took a few days.
Between Jason being busy & the Moderators also, i can see that it would take time to get to it.

Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted October 07, 2002 21:17     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
WOW! That's pretty screwed up. I've looked at other boards and avoided them generally because of the quality of the topics are pretty low. But then censorship too? Nasty. I wouldn't waste my time with the bastards.
Tangento
VoivodFan
Member # 117

posted October 07, 2002 21:19     Profile for Tangento   Email Tangento     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Kula:
"...takes a while to be put on for public view.."

Fair enough.

That doesn't get Ipecac off the hook, I'm afraid.
Between this incident and another, I am debating pulling all Patton-related material from my website.

h
VoivodFan
Member # 8

posted October 08, 2002 05:20     Profile for h   Email h     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
There's only one forum I use regularly. Elsewhere, I always seem to come across some anal muppet trying to correct my punktyouayshon and speling, and that ain't nuffink like wot appens when it's my grammer wot they are wingeing abowt.
schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted October 08, 2002 06:11     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hey Tangeto...no one wants to hear your opinions so just get rid of your computer!!!

JUST JOKING BRO!!!

Thats totally fucked up, especially from Ipecac who I would think being a small lable would want as much input from listeners as possible. That's why I ONLY come to this board...Warcorpse runs a great forum.
We must all bow and give a sacrifice to him.

All hail Warcorpse!!!

I'm feelin GOOFY at 6am

Spawn_of_SATAN_666
VoivodFan
Member # 62

posted October 08, 2002 10:19     Profile for Spawn_of_SATAN_666   Email Spawn_of_SATAN_666     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
this site does rock and i say we sacrifice king_kula, whoes with me on this?
El Indio
VoivodFan
Member # 18

posted October 08, 2002 11:27     Profile for El Indio   Email El Indio     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Not only that but "your" messages - no matter how retarded - gets posted immediatly! Or at least mine do! You oughta see the insane messages which I regularly post at this other website... Not only that but myself and a few others intentionally try to be as fucked up as possible! A few days ago some nazi lesbian got all worked up over some of our messages so in response I asked her out for a date whereas I would take her to a local strip joint where we could look at REAL women! So I wonder why Jason likes to screen his messages? To each his own I guess but myself, I prefer an "anything goes" type atmosphere as long as things don't get too overboard. Then again, the SYSOP can always delete these offending messages and perhaps even ban any person who is too offensive...
Väinämöinen
VoivodFan
Member # 27

posted October 09, 2002 06:13     Profile for Väinämöinen   Email Väinämöinen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Spawn_of_SATAN_666:
this site does rock and i say we sacrifice king_kula, whoes with me on this?

Nonono, no-o please! It's too amusing to watch you two do the verbal duel!

I have a great idea: why don't we arrange a "drunk message day"? Everybody on this board would start drinking at the same time and stay near his/her computer, sending messages to others until everybody passes out. These messages would be stored in a separate directory by Warcorpse, who would lock the threads after messages stop coming in. This way everybody could read what happened when they wake up next day with a hangover of the century. This would be even funnier if it was done as a live chat, with web cameras in front of everybody's computers!!!

Okay, okay, I'll eat me sedatives...

K
VoivodFan
Member # 6

posted October 09, 2002 08:38     Profile for K   Email K     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Ha! That would be funny!
We would all just end up in a big Angel Rat or Political arguement though.
Then Mezcalhead might start playing with his Guns & get mad at my Globalist/Liberal views and shoot himself in the foot!

I think we should sacrafice 'Spawn of Satan' to the Metal Gods! hehehe!

nia
VoivodFan
Member # 9

posted October 09, 2002 10:57     Profile for nia   Email nia     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Väinämöinen, you are making the assumption that we aren't drunk when we usually post. I suggest a sober posting day.
El Indio
VoivodFan
Member # 18

posted October 09, 2002 12:10     Profile for El Indio   Email El Indio     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
A sober message posting day!?! Gosh, them Viking Kitties really got to you didn't they?
X-D
VoivodFan
Member # 3

posted October 09, 2002 14:01     Profile for X-D   Email X-D     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
No sober posting day! X-D get sick when no drink beer!
Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted October 09, 2002 21:11     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by King Kula Shaker:
Ha! That would be funny!
We would all just end up in a big Angel Rat or Political arguement though.
Then Mezcalhead might start playing with his Guns & get mad at my Globalist/Liberal views and shoot himself in the foot!

I think we should sacrafice 'Spawn of Satan' to the Metal Gods! hehehe!

PLEASEEEEEEEEEEE, I would cut the firewood and drive the stake in the ground to light up that pesky Texican.

Funny you mention my shooting skills Kula. Not long after I'd acquired my .45 automatic I had kind of a scary experience. I was out "taking care of something" and I had to let the hammer down over a loaded chamber. Now friends, this is never a good idea. My thumb slipped and that son of a bitch went off and discharged a bullet you could knock a grizzly bear down with. I was pointing her about six inches north of my foot. Needless to say I almost wet myself.

K
VoivodFan
Member # 6

posted October 09, 2002 22:14     Profile for K   Email K     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
If i could count all the southern folks who are missing toes for this very reason...i would be rich!

(Republicans = Guns = Missing Toes.)

Tangento
VoivodFan
Member # 117

posted October 09, 2002 22:53     Profile for Tangento   Email Tangento     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Boy, has this thread taken a few twists and turns. Still no post on the Jason Board.
Fuck it.
I gotta go watch the Kings game.
They are retiring Gretzky's Jersey tonight.

OPENING NIGHT!!

WHY THE HELL AM I IN MINNE-FUCKING-SOTA!!??

GO FUCKING KINGS!!!!

Väinämöinen
VoivodFan
Member # 27

posted October 10, 2002 10:45     Profile for Väinämöinen   Email Väinämöinen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Tangento,
still angry about the moderators-from-hell? Try this, it might help for a while
http://www.the-underdogs.org/game.php?id=3753

Noitall, what was I thinking? I gotta open a new bottle of Vodka now, before my poshts sh-start maykin any shense!!

K
VoivodFan
Member # 6

posted October 10, 2002 11:10     Profile for K   Email K     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Ha! VN....I already got Banned from that Games site for trying to use my Download Accellerator!

hehehehe!

Tangento....I dont know what to say.
I thought your post would be up by now.
Oh, well.
Congradulations Kings on the Victory!

Tangento
VoivodFan
Member # 117

posted October 10, 2002 18:28     Profile for Tangento   Email Tangento     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
YES! The Kings came out with a bang for the 9th straight year. The Gretzky ceremony was very moving.
I became a Kings (and hockey) fan because of him, and the run in '93 was just amazing.
We then proceeded to emabarass his team, the Phoenix Coyotes. (Gretz is the GM)
I know many of you Canadiens are hockey fans, otherwise I wouldn't have brought it up.
...Day 4 and counting on the Jasonic-meister.
As the Mighty Napalm Death has concurred:
1. Volume of Neglect.
2. Affixed By Disconcern.
OUT.

Dana
VoivodFan
Member # 130

posted October 16, 2002 13:02     Profile for Dana   Email Dana     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hey Tangento:

Regarding the Chophouse, the questions that are posted are not for immediate view. They go to the Webmaster and once Jason has answered them, they are posted for public view... This way they can go through all of them, if there are the same type questions, those questions will become one response, that kinda thing... Stay tuned for your response as Jason is trying to answer all of them on a regular basis...

Tangento
VoivodFan
Member # 117

posted October 16, 2002 14:23     Profile for Tangento   Email Tangento     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Ok, Dana
Thanks for the info.
This was explained pretty well at Chophouse, but the squids over at Ipecac, my real target, are nothing more than censors with no explainable basis for their actions,
not to mention their weak-kneed inability to communicate with the people they so rudely exclude.
The rant continues...

satan
VoivodFan
Member # 35

posted October 16, 2002 14:51     Profile for satan   Email satan     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Speaking of CENSORS...

Ladies and Gentlemen...

SATAN has been BANNED by the Communist Dictator known as Yuri, at voivod.com.

Threads and Posts have been Deleted and Edited.

Yes, folks, Satan violated the ban on posting
the Word VOIVODFAN...one too many times.

It was bound to happen.

FREEDOM OF SPEECH IS NOT ALLOWED AT VOIVOD.COM.

nia
VoivodFan
Member # 9

posted October 16, 2002 15:14     Profile for nia   Email nia     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
LOL! Well what else can you do but laugh at that kind of frustration? This obviously runs deeper than Yuri since the Blacky and the Black Cloud topic was deleted too. Hee hee hee.
Skul
VoivodFan
Member # 19

posted October 16, 2002 15:57     Profile for Skul   Email Skul     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
hehe... he responded that he was "Just trying to stop certain assholes from doing certain shit".

I dont think this runs deeper than himself (if youre thinking what i'm thinkin' that would just suck, and a little paranoid).

Tangento
VoivodFan
Member # 117

posted October 16, 2002 16:10     Profile for Tangento   Email Tangento     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
And I thought I had problems!
Damn, that is kinda sad if you really think about it.
I think Rodney King said it best:

Can't we all just..OW!! OWWWWWW!!! OOWWWWCH!!!!!!!

All times are ET
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan