my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » Nothingface Press Kit Pics

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Nothingface Press Kit Pics
royvis
VoivodFan
Member # 102

posted October 07, 2002 17:31     Profile for royvis   Email royvis     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Thanks to everyone who has put up Voivod mp3s, and pictures up on this site for everyone to enjoy.

Now its my turn to share.

Here are the first 5 pages out of 12 from Voivod's official Nothingface presskit. Cool articles and pictures and some other goodies if you're feeling adventurous.
http://www.frequentanimation.com/FAvoivod.html

I'll be posting the remaining pictures in a week or so. Warcorpse, or anyone for that matter, feel free to put these on your site, as I don't have anymore room on mine, and I'll have to take the first 5 down to fit the rest.

Oh yes, and there's an 1993 Outer Limits show coming soon. I'l gladly send a disc to someone who can host it.
It's from The Bayou, Wash DC Sept 23, 1993. If I recall, some people from this forum were there!
The quality is a bit better than the Asbury Park show thats circulating(I was there!), and the setlist includes a few different songs.

cheers

|  IP: Logged
Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted October 07, 2002 20:06     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
This is awesome Shiva. I never knew such a presskit existed. Can't wait to read the articles. Damn these are some big articles. My 56k ass is just gonna have to be patient. I would love to hear that OL show too.
Tangento
VoivodFan
Member # 117

posted October 07, 2002 20:16     Profile for Tangento   Email Tangento     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
This is an awesome read. Thanks!
X-D
VoivodFan
Member # 3

posted October 07, 2002 23:46     Profile for X-D   Email X-D     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Wow! Thanks Shiva! This is great stuff! I took a look at the first few pages so far and am planning to grab the rest tomorrow at work! Thanks for sharing this stuff!

As for that Outer Limits show... I'd be happy to host that show on my Recordfinder page for a certain amount of time. Email me if your into it and we can make arrangements.

Cheers!
X-D

h
VoivodFan
Member # 8

posted October 09, 2002 05:19     Profile for h   Email h     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Thanks Shiva! That gave me something cool to read during my lunch hour! Let us know when the rest are available.
One day I'll have something cool to share with all you guys!!!

royvis
VoivodFan
Member # 102

posted October 13, 2002 20:02     Profile for royvis   Email royvis     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
The next 5 pages of the Nothingface Presskit are up. Look for the remaining 3 pics, and some miscellaneous pics and articles in the future.
www.frequentanimation.com/FAvoivod.html

fnord

royvis
VoivodFan
Member # 102

posted October 13, 2002 22:51     Profile for royvis   Email royvis     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Warcorpse, I also have the "MCA - Outer Limits promo pack 1993". On your main article page it is listed as such: 199x - Outer Limits promo material.
On my copy of the same material it is dated 3/93, just in case you wanted to-the-date accuracy for your page.

Also, here is a short paragraph from an official Mechanic Records letterhead press release:

"October 21, 1991

VOIVOD, the premiere metal cult band of the "80's" are set to widen their audience. Their sixth album, Angek Rat, is their most outstanding to date. This progressive music is mature, complex, and textural - reminiscent of early YES, ZAPPA, or PINK FLOYD. VOIVOD have progressed beyond the definitions of metal. The album features a crystal clear yet powerful production by Canadian Terry Brown, who is best known for his work with fellow Canadians RUSH."

That was for Voivod the completist...we all know how the Angel Rat debate lingers on.

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan