my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » Need some opinions (Page 1)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2

Author Topic: Need some opinions
Tangento
VoivodFan
Member # 117

posted October 03, 2002 03:42     Profile for Tangento   Email Tangento     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I would appreciate a bit of input here...

I need some opinions on two additions to my site.
The first, my new voivod cover page:

HERE

Do you think it is too understated? Does it need an image of the band fading out of the sky or something? Yes, I got permission on the pic.

The other is a collage I spent about 5 hours creating as a cover for my main site:

HERE

By the time I got to the last of the Featured Artists, as you can probably tell, I was out of space. Kinda cool, though.

|  IP: Logged
Emlyn K Helicopter
VoivodFan
Member # 44

posted October 03, 2002 05:28     Profile for Emlyn K Helicopter   Email Emlyn K Helicopter     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hey Tangento -

Have you got Photoshop? If so, I'd like to see the logo blended with the sky - no white box surrounding it - and maybe made 60% or 75% transparent. YOu could also try...

oh sod it. Look in your email inbox.

Pup
VoivodFan
Member # 124

posted October 03, 2002 06:10     Profile for Pup   Email Pup     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Wow dude - someone else who is into the Accused. Fantastic band.

Keep up the good work

nia
VoivodFan
Member # 9

posted October 03, 2002 13:38     Profile for nia   Email nia     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Tangento, before I go and rework the logo in your image like Emlyn did, lol, I hope you got Justin Stahlman's permission to use his photo. Sorry if I sound like a pain, just curious.
Tangento
VoivodFan
Member # 117

posted October 03, 2002 16:20     Profile for Tangento   Email Tangento     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
If you read the original post, it's right in there. I wouldn't steal from anyone, let alone a Voivod Fan. Cool that you asked. Not enough people in this world look out for their comrades.
Now, about this photoshop thingy;
I have Paint Shop Pro7 and I have some of the techniques down, but this thing is
"Pro" after all, and it is so friggin' complicated.
If you want to do it for me, I will send you a compilation CD like nothing you have EVER heard. I will even give you credit right there on the page.
I just do not have the time to master PSP7.
Thanks for the input so far, all.

Pup wrote:
"Wow dude - someone else who is into the Accused"

The Accused are the SHIT!
Anyone who is not familiar, go here immediately:

Splattercore

nia
VoivodFan
Member # 9

posted October 03, 2002 18:06     Profile for nia   Email nia     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Oops sorry, I missed that!
X-D
VoivodFan
Member # 3

posted October 03, 2002 18:40     Profile for X-D   Email X-D     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Noitall... WTF!?!

Hey Tangento,
I went to that Accused show being advertised on that orange flyer you have posted! In fact, I have one of those flyers! Some cool shit and local regulars for me back in the day. They even lifted some riffs of my old band's demo back in 87-88! Fuckers!

royvis
VoivodFan
Member # 102

posted October 03, 2002 19:33     Profile for royvis   Email royvis     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Wow, your site is great, it shows a lot of dedication and hard work! My opinion is keep doing what you think is best, it's worked so far.
nia
VoivodFan
Member # 9

posted October 03, 2002 19:44     Profile for nia   Email nia     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
X-D are you trying to get back at me for that pic in The Toe thread?
X-D
VoivodFan
Member # 3

posted October 03, 2002 23:17     Profile for X-D   Email X-D     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Heh heh... Ah, but the time has not yet come for X-D's cameltoe revenge.
BlackCloud
VoivodFan
Member # 122

posted October 04, 2002 00:33     Profile for BlackCloud   Email BlackCloud     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Tangento:
The Accused are the SHIT!

Not to "bust" anyone's bubble or anything...but about this time last year or so (give or take a couple o' months) some friends of mine in a local band here in Bremerton called Misery Seed actually had Blaine come out to a recording studio next door in Port Orchard to re-record "Rights" (from the Fartz) as a cover for their up-coming demo with Blaine doing lead vox. I actually got to do some back-ups, which I thought was really cool-n-nice of them. Check it out at www.miseryseed.com and if anyone is curious as to how my ugly-ass-mug looks like, there is an older picture of me in the members/pictures section (Paul English). I was once in the band playing geetar for a second or two.

BTW..."yes, I also like the Accused!!!"

Cheers.

Helldriver
VoivodFan
Member # 46

posted October 04, 2002 08:05     Profile for Helldriver   Email Helldriver     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Good work Tangento!

If you (or any Voivod fans)need any Voivod logo or skull for your site I could send it to you in any image format at whatever resolution.
I have done it in flash, so i can output large images without loosing details.
Ah and thanks very much for the link!!!

X-D
VoivodFan
Member # 3

posted October 04, 2002 12:20     Profile for X-D   Email X-D     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Helldriver, your stuff is amazing by the way!!! I have that Voivod screensaver you made on my work computer! LOVE IT!

Blackcloud REVEALED! Cheers man! Are you playing in any bands nowadays?

El Indio
VoivodFan
Member # 18

posted October 04, 2002 13:41     Profile for El Indio   Email El Indio     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I suppose one could first import the amazing metal object picture into Photoshop and put it onto its own (background) layer. Then import the Voivod logo and put it onto another layer above the first one. Then, with the logo layer active, use the Pen tool (MY favorite tool!!!) and carefully trace around it and create some paths. Using the Direct Selection Tool I would carefully make sure the endpoints look alright and then group togethor everything. And then its only a matter of selecting all, inversing it, and knocking out the background of the logo so that the white box is no longer a problem. Oh yeah, I assume this is a JPEG you are working on so it would help that you make sure that everything is in RGB (and not CMYK) before you merge everything and save as a JPEG or else you'll be fucked! O.K. I admit it, I'm kind of rusty at Photoshop and have left out some details. To tell an honest truth, I would import the logo into Illustrator first and using the Pen tool, trace out the logo again and then save this new grouped path into a new EPS file which I would then import into Photoshop. You have to trust me on this one! Given enough time I would get it right. Serious! I think I need a drink!!!
Tangento
VoivodFan
Member # 117

posted October 04, 2002 14:43     Profile for Tangento   Email Tangento     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
X-D - Must have been a cool show, Dehumanizers were raw, and Cryptic Slaughter were hilariously hyperspeed.

Shiva23 - Thanks for the kind words!

Blackcloud of Deicide - The last time I saw Blaine (the only time) was before the Berekely show '91, in a mad dash across the street with a case of Henry Weinhard's in each arm.

Helldriver - Thanks! I will be taking you up on this offer, palley.

El Indio - You obviously don't know me. Before I even got through step 1, there would be a cacophonous crash of shattering glass and a certain piece of high-tech equipment with a certain black and white cow pattern on it laying outside my newly-broken window. I can't believe I made it through that collage!
Besides, I don't have Photoshop. Thanks for writing all that, though.

BlackCloud
VoivodFan
Member # 122

posted October 05, 2002 01:01     Profile for BlackCloud   Email BlackCloud     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by X-D:
Are you playing in any bands nowadays?

Not at the moment, awhile back, I tried doing some "vox" for some friends that were starting a "metal" project...I even went so far as to record a 5 song demo for them in my basement on 4-track...just to get the music down, because they also asked me to write lyrics as well. So it turns out I finish what I thought were some pretty good songs...and we played a couple of parties...and shit seemed very optimistic to me and above all: fun! That's until we were scheduled to play a show here in Bremerton, and the day before they
decide to "kick" my arse out! The guitarist wanted to do vox instead...oh yes, my so-called friends! I said "whatever man"...but I wasn't going to give them an "easy-meal-ticket" so I said don't use my fucking lyrics then!!! a couple days later, I even went so far as to get them "legitimately" copyrighted at about $20 bucks a song...oh well, at least now I got a tad-bit of security now just incase if my songs just so happen to "re-appear" unauthorized on any of their future endeavors!

Helldriver
VoivodFan
Member # 46

posted October 08, 2002 07:11     Profile for Helldriver   Email Helldriver     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Woah X-D running my screensaver, what a honour!!!
(there's another one coming as soon as Yuri will convert my animation, I gave it 3 months ago...)
I'm very glad you like it, ehm have you checked the desktop wallpapers...?

Tangento
VoivodFan
Member # 117

posted October 08, 2002 08:42     Profile for Tangento   Email Tangento     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Well, I ended up with some help, and Nia is the name. Here is the (pretty damn cool) final product:

http://www.tangento.net/voivod.html

THANKS NIA!

One more hot new item to share, for any of you interested in "Serious Music" or as I put it, cool as fuck composers. I just completed this, and it is a great starting point if you want to expand your musical horizons:

http://www.tangento.net/Composers-Frameset.html

At the very least, put your cursor on Zappa!

Oh yeah. Good ol' Massorgsky looks like a man with a 2-year-old back at home. Trust me, I am there.

pppaaaüüülll
VoivodFan
Member # 13

posted July 14, 2010 15:32     Profile for pppaaaüüülll   Email pppaaaüüülll     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Haha, nice to read the old shit...

Look aat some of the names... Where the hell did they go?? Maybe théy've grown up??

too bed...

--------------------

trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr

Head Villain
VoivodFan
Member # 524

posted July 14, 2010 16:57     Profile for Head Villain   Email Head Villain     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yeah where is Blackcloud with his outbursts of filth????

--------------------

String em up

Väinämöinen
VoivodFan
Member # 27

posted July 14, 2010 18:20     Profile for Väinämöinen   Email Väinämöinen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Haha...I didn't realise the thread was not very fresh until I saw Paul's message! Anyway, I still think Tangento's site rocks!

--------------------

Tomorrow is the fear
Tomorrow disappears
Tomorrow is the fear
We are connected...

Slaytanic
VoivodFan
Member # 28

posted July 14, 2010 23:29     Profile for Slaytanic   Email Slaytanic     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
BTW, where is El Indio? It's been ages since I last saw a new post of his here.

--------------------

"Forty-five moments of perfection translated through a cautionary escape into the perils of the mundane, the inherent entropy in ultimate order, and the potential threats of eternal, unchecked apathy in civilization; all cloaked in musical expression so thoughtful, creative and forward thinking that almost a quarter-century later, few can even comprehend it, much less match it." (autothrall)

Tangento
VoivodFan
Member # 117

posted July 15, 2010 00:31     Profile for Tangento   Email Tangento     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Holy crap guys... my daughter was 2, man how time flies.

Here's something I forgot even existed, since I don't even use that second index page (with the collage) anymore:

http://www.tangento.net/noframes.html

lol

I've been trying to get 'back into a groove' and dive into that labyrinth of a website to fix all the dead links... it's a massive job for sure. I did fix up all the links on the above-mentioned composers page just a few days ago.

Is Helldriver still posting here?

--------------------

"You have the option to drill additional holes in the label,
causing the record to rotate off the side of the turntable"

-Tom Ellard - Severed Heads

pppaaaüüülll
VoivodFan
Member # 13

posted July 15, 2010 01:25     Profile for pppaaaüüülll   Email pppaaaüüülll     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Tangento:
Holy crap guys... my daughter was 2, man how time flies.

Here's something I forgot even existed, since I don't even use that second index page (with the collage) anymore:

http://www.tangento.net/noframes.html

lol

I've been trying to get 'back into a groove' and dive into that labyrinth of a website to fix all the dead links... it's a massive job for sure. I did fix up all the links on the above-mentioned composers page just a few days ago.

Is Helldriver still posting here?

WOW, just WOW.
I will have to dig in at some point ( I is @ work right now and have only tiem to peek in for a second.)

How do you find the time to work all this out......

Great job!

--------------------

Tangento
VoivodFan
Member # 117

posted July 15, 2010 08:13     Profile for Tangento   Email Tangento     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by paulussie:
How do you find the time to work all this out

Thanks man. The site underwent a major renaissance when I became unemployed for a long stretch in 2002-2003.

If I had been paid for the time I put into it, (and especially the PMS compilation CDs) I could have retired at age 39.

--------------------

"You have the option to drill additional holes in the label,
causing the record to rotate off the side of the turntable"

-Tom Ellard - Severed Heads

All times are ET
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan