my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » Québec metal bands Obituaries 1982-2002

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Québec metal bands Obituaries 1982-2002
Matt K.
VoivodFan
Member # 90

posted September 29, 2002 16:58     Profile for Matt K.   Email Matt K.     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Ah.... good ol' time!!!

quote:

It all started in 1982.

Voivod was born, crashing open doors for Québec musicians, bringing endless possibilities and unrelenting eagerness to explore metal music. The outburst was imminent.

In the last 20 years, hundreds of bands have emerged, most of them making their own path on the landscape of Québec's Metal music. They lived and died, releasing demos or independant records, rehearsing in obscure basements or gigging in clubs all over the province. The vast majority of them stayed relatively unknowns; some of them gained well deserved notoriety.

The Québec Metal Bands Obituaries website is dedicated in indexing and setting up the most comprehesive list of late bands; gathering information, relating achievements, releaving whereabouts of involved musicians.

As the actual list is FAR from complete, your input is essential!!! Any R.I.P. Québec metal band with at least one release have it's place on this page.

May these bands rest in peace.

You get the point... it's a call to arms for all you nostalgic Québec metalheads!!

www3.sympatico.ca/kdml

|  IP: Logged
Ynys Trebes
VoivodFan
Member # 55

posted October 05, 2002 00:50     Profile for Ynys Trebes   Email Ynys Trebes     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
That's a great idea!!!

I'd sure like to know what the guys from The Affected are up too nowadays...

Matt K.
VoivodFan
Member # 90

posted October 05, 2002 11:26     Profile for Matt K.   Email Matt K.     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Picture this:

February 15th, 1989.
At the Montréal Spectrum.
The Affected, Soothsayer, Groovy Aardvark and D.B.C., live, for the Lundi Noir show...

...and I missed it!!!!!! ARGGGHHH

Ah, nostalgie, quand tu nous tiens!!!

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan