my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » The Kreator show in Seattle last night Fucking ripped...

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: The Kreator show in Seattle last night Fucking ripped...
BlackCloud
VoivodFan
Member # 122

posted September 28, 2002 21:52     Profile for BlackCloud   Email BlackCloud     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
...serious ass!!! I was so surprised that towards the end of their set they actually played "Under the Guillotine", A song that they hadn't played since the first show of the tour. (according to posts on the Kreator forum anyway) Infact this was the 4th time that I've seen them play "live", and they had never played it before...until now that is!!! They were in top notch form, and the p.a. sounded great! They were even selling Pleasure to Kill "hoodies"...fucking awesome!!!

p.s. Good to finally meet you X-D!!!

|  IP: Logged
Tangento
VoivodFan
Member # 117

posted September 28, 2002 22:37     Profile for Tangento   Email Tangento     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Damn. I am just bummin'
Did they play "Storming With Menace" or "Flag of Hate"?
How was Destruction?
This thing came through St. Paul, 80 miles away, but I was fucking broke and worn out from 650 miles of commuting a week.
I will NOT miss Voivod, Napalm Death and SYL... shit, I hope they are coming here. Anyone have a link for latest tour dates?

BlackCloud
VoivodFan
Member # 122

posted September 28, 2002 22:55     Profile for BlackCloud   Email BlackCloud     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
They didn't play "Storming with Menace" (awesome song though, from and awesome fucking album!)

I believe they played "Flag of Hate", as they have all previous times, but I had to cut away from the show near the end to catch the ferry-boat back home.

Since Ventor is back, they played "Riot of Violence" \m/ \m/

Warcorpse: "that would have been fucking incredible to have seen that Kreator/Voivod tour in '87!!!" The sad fact though is that Kreator have never played here in Seattle before their "Coma of Souls" tour. (to my knowledge)

BlackCloud
VoivodFan
Member # 122

posted September 28, 2002 23:00     Profile for BlackCloud   Email BlackCloud     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Tangento:
How was Destruction?

Pure fucking metal!!!

talk about "old-school" thrash at its finest! They had on all of their leather, studs, and spikes. And they're still playing as a 3-piece! It was awesome to hear "Mad Butcher!!!"

K
VoivodFan
Member # 6

posted September 29, 2002 11:43     Profile for K   Email K     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Ha! We have yet to hear from X-D!
I wonder if he is still recovering.

X-D
VoivodFan
Member # 3

posted September 29, 2002 14:05     Profile for X-D   Email X-D     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hey guys,

Blackcloud's review sums up the show nicely! This was my first time seeing Kreator after some 16 years of being a big fan and they exceeded all my expectations!

I got way more drunk than usual and by the time Kreator came on I was in a good (if rather blurry), state of mind! No "Stoming With Menace", but they did play "Flag Of Hate" and even closed the show with "Tormentor". The theme of their set was generally "Violent Revolution" and "Past Life Trauma"/or old school, which was obviously cool as hell! The crowd went fuckin' nuts for Kreator!

I've never really followed Destruction much, but they put on a great fuckin' show as well and did an excellent job of switching the vibe from newer-school death metal (December & Celphalic Carnage) to classic thrash! Helluva set!

This show was a hefty night of pure, quality fucking metal and all band put on good performances. I really enjoyed both Cephalic Carnage and December as well. However, Kreator was definitly the band of the night!

Hey Blackcloud, it was really cool meeting you man, if only briefly there at the edge of the pit during Kreator's set. It was a great show altogether, and gettin' to meet another Vodhead from here on the forum was especially cool! Cheers to you man!

Here's some Kreator and Destruction pics from the show, courtesy of local music site shadows.com.

KREATOR & DESTRUCTION

Tangento
VoivodFan
Member # 117

posted September 29, 2002 14:47     Profile for Tangento   Email Tangento     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Killer! Great job with the pics. It is therapeutic to see them. It has been a rough couple of weeks for me, and that shit REALLY helped. Is that your site? I dig on that collection of old school flyers. I was at many of those, just different variations, like the COC show I saw had Anthrax on the bill. (my first Mosh Pit experience; stage diver broke my nose w/ his head... fuck YEAH)
I have one more question for either of you:
how big was the crowd, and were there many young pups there absorbing the ways of the old school? (our generation WAS/ is the most raging, after all, right?)
Thanks again
P.S. hey is it cool if I downsize a couple of the pics and link to your site with them?
I will be putting them here:
Tangento's Euro-Thrash Page

X-D
VoivodFan
Member # 3

posted September 29, 2002 15:08     Profile for X-D   Email X-D     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hey Tangento,
That site, as well as all those pics were created/taken by Chris Slack, not myself! If you want to use them, or link to shadows.com, you should email him directly. Yeah, it's a great site though! He takes a lot of great pics at metal shows around here!

The club was rather small, although not too small, and for the place, the crowd was respectable, IMO. I wish I could give you numbers but I just wasn't paying too much attention to that kinda stuff.

Greg Gloomp
VoivodFan
Member # 29

posted September 29, 2002 19:02     Profile for Greg Gloomp   Email Greg Gloomp     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
You lucky bastards! I was out of town when this tour came through Ohio.
Check out those Forced Entry photo's on shadow.com. Thanks for that link X-D.

X-D
VoivodFan
Member # 3

posted September 30, 2002 12:58     Profile for X-D   Email X-D     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hey Greg! Cheers man! Yeah, I didn't get to see that Forced Entry show but a few of my friends went and were quite impressed. I heard that overall, the Abrasive Rock Fest wasn't a success, but that FE got an excellent response. Word is they are planning to produce some more stuff... whether that means gigs or new recordings I can't say, but they apparently have been continuing to play together.

Tangento, here is a link to some local reviews of the Seattle Kreator/Destruction gig by people who were more observant that I. There are also setlists in this thread.
LINK

Sorry guys I I can't stop talking about this show, but it was easily the best I've seen in ages!

HatrossRig
VoivodFan
Member # 80

posted September 30, 2002 16:01     Profile for HatrossRig   Email HatrossRig     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
ill be seeing kreator and destruction and cephalic carnage this friday in las vegas, then dillinger escape plan the next night.
ill post the pictures i take soon

Tangento
VoivodFan
Member # 117

posted September 30, 2002 17:50     Profile for Tangento   Email Tangento     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
X-D thanks for the reviews link.
Hatross, you gonna be SORE come Sunday!!
That new DEP is pretty fucking radical. They seem to be cleaning up the sound, and Patton's shit on there is core.
Enjoy, you prick. I have missed way too many shows this year. I'm bitter.
AND you're in VEGAS?! You BASTARD. God, I miss my tri-monthly excursions.
Throw $5.00 down on 13 roulette, I have hit that thing 3-4 times. Getcha about $180.00.

St. Michael
VoivodFan
Member # 36

posted October 01, 2002 12:51     Profile for St. Michael   Email St. Michael     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
BlackCloud & X-D, I'm so sorry I missed such a cool gig. I was away on business (of all places Moses Lake, WA!) This truly sucks... I was really looking forward to finally meeting you guys... You know I read this forum everyday. I'm so glad it was awesome and the photos totally rock. Kreator is one band I have yet to see live. Tonight I've got tickets to see TOOL, but would trade them in in a heartbeat to have seen the Kreator gig. Thanks again for all the feedback on this show! Gotta meet y'all soon.

-St. Michael

Gerfat
VoivodFan
Member # 45

posted October 01, 2002 16:27     Profile for Gerfat   Email Gerfat     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
KREATOR RULES & THEY HAVE EXCELLENT TASTE IN MUSIC!!!!!!

X-D
VoivodFan
Member # 3

posted October 02, 2002 12:45     Profile for X-D   Email X-D     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Nod to my friend Gerfat!

Hey St. Michael!
Yeah man, maybe we'll meet at a show here sometime! That'd be cool as hell! I just found out one of my friends has obtained Tool tickets, so it seems I'll be there too! Unlikely we'll run into each other at the Key Arena though, eh? Cheers man and have a great time!

Pup
VoivodFan
Member # 124

posted October 03, 2002 06:16     Profile for Pup   Email Pup     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
well I'll be damned. Kreator and Destruction still giggin'. Promotion of such gigs really sux over in the UK. Last time I saw a line up like that was at the Christmas on Earth tour in Leeds, England way back in the mid 80's (where Voivod got stranded in Belgium customs and didnt play F**K F**K etc)

Next monster gig for me will be Motorhead / Anthrax at Wembley Arena on the 19th October. 25th aniversay show. I guess that'll be a trip esp since the rumours are Hawkwind are appearing.

Metal has come full circle.

By the way, I saw TOOL at Ozfest UK this year - they blew. Shame really cause I like their material, I jsut dont think they are an arena band. Maybe it was because the came on stage AFTER system of a down and Slayer that everyone was pretty wrecked.

Emlyn K Helicopter
VoivodFan
Member # 44

posted October 03, 2002 06:26     Profile for Emlyn K Helicopter   Email Emlyn K Helicopter     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hey Pup - you going to that too? See you there, man!
h
VoivodFan
Member # 8

posted October 03, 2002 06:41     Profile for h   Email h     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hey Pup - Kreator and Destruction are playing at the Underworld in London on October 29th. There are bunch of other UK dates, but I don't know them right now.
Pup
VoivodFan
Member # 124

posted October 03, 2002 09:12     Profile for Pup   Email Pup     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
H

You are straight in at number 1 on my x-mas card list !!!!

Cheers for the shirt link - got the sci-fi long sleeve - diamond matey

Send me the details for the London gig and let me know where you are getting the info from.
By the way, I got a spare ticket for the wildhearts (no giggling)for this Saturday at Brighton if you can get there?

As far as motorhead, I'll be the geezer in the new Voivod sci-fi shirt with the cut off leather with the Too Scared to Scream / Atari Teenage Riot paint job - come say Hi

h
VoivodFan
Member # 8

posted October 03, 2002 09:46     Profile for h   Email h     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
You can buy tickets for £12 from ticket web here

Cheers for the offer of the ticket, but I'm thinking of going to see Nile in milton bloody keynes that night! I didn't go to the London show cause of the fucking tube strike!! Still haven't heard them though, so it's all a bit up in the air. I'll let you know if things change.

Looks like there could be a London Voivod Army get together at the Motorhead show!!! Emlyn and Jethro said they're going. Maybe we should hook up for pints!

Emlyn K Helicopter
VoivodFan
Member # 44

posted October 04, 2002 10:07     Profile for Emlyn K Helicopter   Email Emlyn K Helicopter     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Cool! I'll be the one in the black T-shirt. Might have a band name on it.
h
VoivodFan
Member # 8

posted October 04, 2002 10:12     Profile for h   Email h     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Excellent. I'll be the bloke at the bar with a pint in his hand.
Emlyn K Helicopter
VoivodFan
Member # 44

posted October 04, 2002 10:18     Profile for Emlyn K Helicopter   Email Emlyn K Helicopter     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Right, thats all settled then. Jethro, can you wear jeans or something?
Pup
VoivodFan
Member # 124

posted October 04, 2002 10:24     Profile for Pup   Email Pup     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Getting together at the motorhead gig sounds ok - so anyone who e-mails me - I'll give out my mobile number and let's hook up.

It will be a trip to see other Iron Gang members

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan