my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » More Cool Pics

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: More Cool Pics
Tangento
VoivodFan
Member # 117

posted September 28, 2002 00:06     Profile for Tangento   Email Tangento     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hey, this is not directly Voivod-related, but in a way, it is. This shit gets the same rise out of my imagination as Voivod's Music does:

Weirdness 6

I think that first image is pretty damn cool. Just remember, this is part of a huge website; take some time to explore. There is even a Voivod feature in there.

|  IP: Logged
Juan87
VoivodFan
Member # 87

posted September 28, 2002 02:22     Profile for Juan87   Email Juan87     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Pretty cool website there Tangento. You've been to a shitload of concerts too, but only Voivod twice?
Just kidding I've only seen them twice also, and that was just the Negatron tour. Can't wait to see them with Snake finally, had a chance in '93 but couldn't make it. Has it really been ten years?? damn
Glad to see you found THE website for Voivod fanatics!!

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted September 28, 2002 06:20     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
GREAT SITE
THANKS

Tangento
VoivodFan
Member # 117

posted September 28, 2002 21:18     Profile for Tangento   Email Tangento     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Thanks, guys. The tours I saw were "Tournado 87", (un-fucking-BELIEVABLE) and "Outer Limits". (no matter how loud I screamed, they would NOT play "Jack Luminous")
Anyway,
Voivod just got their second entry into my "Top 1000". these are the 2 entries: (so far)

7. Pre-Ignition - Voivod **
This tune is all twisted up.
It takes all the tired old rock cliches and smashes them into a billion meaningless bits.
This was Voivod at their best, defying worn-out traditional rock trappings, and achieving Musical Escape Velocity.

54.Tornado - Voivod **
Talk about your Intense Music...
This is no doubt under F-5 classification.
"...Cumulonimbus storms arrive
Lightning flashes a hundred miles around
Electrical collision course..."
Hell yeah... This is one raging bastard of a song, following no known structure;
...It just continues to build momentum and power.
Crashing and weaving/ while Piggy spews his towering dissonances,
invoking a musical vortex from which there is no escape.
All the while, pounding and grinding rhythms and blower-bass voids of chaotic consequence;
AWAY & Blacky rip livestock, trees, and hulking farm equipment; hurling them for miles in every direction.
Broomsticks through the hoods of cars.

Tangento
VoivodFan
Member # 117

posted September 30, 2002 17:40     Profile for Tangento   Email Tangento     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Any fans of Broken Bones here?
Well obviously Voivod had a fan among their ranks:

Broken Bones

Pretty cool website. These guys are back kicking ass, too. New album in the works.

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan