my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » The nerd inside me

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: The nerd inside me
Väinämöinen
VoivodFan
Member # 27

posted September 26, 2002 08:12     Profile for Väinämöinen   Email Väinämöinen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hehe, they begun to show Farscape here last week

I have to admit that the only stuff I usually watch on TV nowadays is the news, ice hockey and cheesy scifi series like the old Star Trek, The Outer Limits (yes!) and Angel (well, it's not exactly scifi but I like it anyway!). Oh yeah, The Osbournes is also a good cheesy scifi program

I hadn't heard about Farscape before, but I happened to see the pilot (no pun there..) last week and it seems like a decent series. I know the show's already off the air in the States, and that they're not going to make any more episodes, so please don't tell me anything about the plot

What are you voivodians watching?

|  IP: Logged
K
VoivodFan
Member # 6

posted September 26, 2002 08:26     Profile for K   Email K     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hey!

My Co-worker Friend watches Farscape Religiously. As far as i know...
the show is still running strong on the Sci-Fi Channel.
Its just the end of the Season is all.
Has that show been on the air for long there in Finland? Or is it totally new?
If it is NEW...then we (the U.S.) are several Seasons ahead of you.

I dont watch it myself, as, i dont have Cable TV. I will say this though...from what little i've seen...the show gets better and better.

I used to be a big LEXX fan.
What a totally weird show!

If you ever get a chance to see a show called 'John Doe,' check it out.
The first Episode just came on last week & its pretty cool.
Avoid the new show 'Firefly' like the Plague.
It sucked.

I also used to be a big fan of 'Exposure' on the Sci-Fi Channel (when i had Cable.)
A Bunch of short & bizarre Films in each Episode.

Right now though, i'm watching the previously-mentioned 'John Doe' series...AND...
'Buffy the Vampire Slayer.'
Why Buffy?...Well...because the Girls are HOT! I'm in love with Sara Michelle-Geller.

nia
VoivodFan
Member # 9

posted September 26, 2002 08:34     Profile for nia   Email nia     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I watched Buffy all last season. Evil Willow rocked!

Speaking of JKX, When does the Jackass movie come out? And did anyone hear about the reporter who visited the set and had the bicycle lock put around his neck? He had the choice to dive into a lake where they threw they key or have some drunk guy saw it off. I think he went for the drunk guy with the saw...

Väinämöinen
VoivodFan
Member # 27

posted September 26, 2002 09:15     Profile for Väinämöinen   Email Väinämöinen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by King Kula Shaker:
My Co-worker Friend watches Farscape Religiously. As far as i know...
the show is still running strong on the Sci-Fi Channel.
Its just the end of the Season is all.
Has that show been on the air for long there in Finland? Or is it totally new?
If it is NEW...then we (the U.S.) are several Seasons ahead of you.

Yeah, it's new here. We're lucky to even get that series, because the local TV stations don't show much of that kind. I read somewhere that the show was discontinued after the end of the 4th season, is this true?
quote:

I used to be a big LEXX fan.
What a totally weird show!

Oh yeah, LEXX was pretty good too! The characters were interesting...
quote:

If you ever get a chance to see a show called 'John Doe,' check it out.
The first Episode just came on last week & its pretty cool.
Avoid the new show 'Firefly' like the Plague.
It sucked.

Thanks for the tip. Let's hope I remember that in 2011 when those series land here
quote:

Why Buffy?...Well...because the Girls are HOT! I'm in love with Sara Michelle-Geller.

I used to watch Buffy too, but unfortunately the channel which was showing it replaced the show with some shitty proggy about the hidden sex life of Indochinese oysters or sth equally interesting, MID-SEASON!

quote:
Originally posted by Noitall:
I watched Buffy all last season. Evil Willow rocked!

EVIL Willow? Shit, I've got to see that!

The Neverman
VoivodFan
Member # 4

posted September 26, 2002 09:43     Profile for The Neverman   Email The Neverman     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
AND...
'Buffy the Vampire Slayer.'

WOT? IN LOVE WITH SARA MICHELLE GELLAR???

TREAD NOT ON MY GRASS WILL YER!!! Or else...

h
VoivodFan
Member # 8

posted September 26, 2002 09:45     Profile for h   Email h     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by warcorpse:
The Jamie Kennedy Experiment is the best show on TV right now. Its on the WB network, tonight. Prepare to laugh.

they've just started showing that over here. I watched an episode the other night. It looks promising.
If you folks ever get a show called 'The Office' over there, you gotta check it out. It's the funniest thing by a long way. It's like a documentary of these really sad office workers, but it's fully scripted and fucking shockingly realistic. The new series starts here on Monday. I can't wait.

Väinämöinen
VoivodFan
Member # 27

posted September 26, 2002 09:57     Profile for Väinämöinen   Email Väinämöinen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Thanks for the tip, h!
Marginal
VoivodFan
Member # 116

posted September 26, 2002 10:30     Profile for Marginal   Email Marginal     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Le temps d'une paix , Terre Humaine , Un homme et son péché . That's what i watch on TV ... Joking ... seriously , i only use my TV to look at the news in the morning and to play xbox ... I listen to some humoristic shows on Super-ecran sometimes but that's all ... sad eh ? When i dunno what to do and i'm alone , instead of turning the tv on , i just do some hotknives hits ( des bonnes poffs aux couts ! ) and play guitar , xbox or PC : tv is too passive for me .

But yeah ,i was a big fan of x-files 2 years ago , i just don't watch to TV anymore ...

Spawn_of_SATAN_666
VoivodFan
Member # 62

posted September 26, 2002 11:24     Profile for Spawn_of_SATAN_666   Email Spawn_of_SATAN_666     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
hey don't forget firefly.
sarah is hot
i love her too.
and she is mine not yours king.
i still watch old episodes of buffy, and my new favs firefly, jon doe, fastlane.
outcast be nice
and the guy alexis delsof (young watcher on buffy)
he is hot too.

The Neverman
VoivodFan
Member # 4

posted September 26, 2002 11:37     Profile for The Neverman   Email The Neverman     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Spawn_of_SATAN_666:
outcast be nice
and the guy alexis delsof (young watcher on buffy)
he is hot too.

Nope I won't be nice if one touches Sara Michelle, one day she will be mine, Oh yes. She will be mine.

And it's not my cup of tea but Alexis Denisof is even hotter in Angel IMO. Just like Carisma Carpenter, hmmmmmh!!!

Cockroach
VoivodFan
Member # 115

posted September 26, 2002 12:00     Profile for Cockroach   Email Cockroach     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hahha, everyone wants Sara, but she is mine, so get your dirty hands/eyes/thoughts off her
Green Goblin
VoivodFan
Member # 99

posted September 26, 2002 12:11     Profile for Green Goblin   Email Green Goblin     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hello,

I don't watch too much TV myself. Don't have the time ! When I sit down in front of the TV set, it is to watch a movie !

I watched FIREFLY last week because my brother told me to check it out ! I was not impressed !

A few years ago, I was a big X-Files fan, never missed an episode until the last few seasons. Beurk ! If someone can explain to me this damn conspiration, I will owe him one !

I watched REBOOT for many years, even bought the Third Season DVDs when they came out. Wish they would released all the episodes !

And I miss SEINFELD !

And of course, I am a die-hard Trekker so I watch regularly Star Trek, the original series with Kirk, Spock and McCoy. Man, the writers sure knew their stuff back then. I own the complete three seasons on VHS !

As you can see, I am not a big TV expert !

Take care.

Green Goblin

K
VoivodFan
Member # 6

posted September 26, 2002 13:45     Profile for K   Email K     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
ATTENTION ALL HUMANS, GIRLS AND BOYS!

Sara Michelle-Geller is in love with King Kula!!
I just know she is! I can feel it!

EVERYONE BACK-OFF!!

I also like Michelle Trachtenberg. Buffy's
new Trainee.
When the two of them hug each other...SHWING!!!
Now THATS a sight to behold!

Yes, Noitall...Evil Willow was HOT!
I'd be her puppy-dog any day!

Now, to awnser something VN from Finland was
concerned about...FARSCAPE.
They are Filming new Episodes for Next season right now.
Next Season starts in Jan. (In the U.S.)
You, being in Finland, are 3 Years behind.

Cheers!

nia
VoivodFan
Member # 9

posted September 26, 2002 14:22     Profile for nia   Email nia     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote

More on Evil Willow

And here ya go KKS - The erotic Adventures of Buffy & Evil Willow Vampire...
http://buffy.slayers.co.uk/ShowStrip.asp?CS=1

K
VoivodFan
Member # 6

posted September 26, 2002 14:58     Profile for K   Email K     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
OMG! She is so Hot & Evil looking!

"Heeere Evil Willow...."

X-D
VoivodFan
Member # 3

posted September 26, 2002 16:27     Profile for X-D   Email X-D     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hey KKS, How are the Olsen Twins taking the breakup?
Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted September 26, 2002 18:57     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
TV,

Well, let's see....I haven't watched anything regularly since they had the Andy Griffith Show running here after the news. Frontline is an excellent show on PBS. I also try to catch Seinfeld reruns at 10pm.

What can you say, TV sucks. Oh, wait a second, I forgot about American Idol.....

K
VoivodFan
Member # 6

posted September 26, 2002 22:05     Profile for K   Email K     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Actually, Andy Griffith is pretty funny when tripping on Acid.
Did that in my younger years.*
(*King Kula does not condone the use of Acid.)

I used to watch an old British Sci-Fi series called-
UFO.

Remember that one?
I know H, Emlyn and Jethro must have seen it.

What about these Shows?-

Space 1999
Blakes 7
Dr. Who
Red Dwarf
Star Blazers (Animated)

X-D
VoivodFan
Member # 3

posted September 27, 2002 01:26     Profile for X-D   Email X-D     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Kula! Goto StarBlazers.com!!! You can get all episodes on DVD! This shit rules!
Väinämöinen
VoivodFan
Member # 27

posted September 30, 2002 02:59     Profile for Väinämöinen   Email Väinämöinen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Now, to awnser something VN from Finland was
concerned about...FARSCAPE.
They are Filming new Episodes for Next season right now.
Next Season starts in Jan. (In the U.S.)
You, being in Finland, are 3 Years behind.

Cheers!

Cheers mate! Now I'll just hope that those idiots who discontinued Buffy will leave Farscape be, because I'm really beginning to like it!

Väinämöinen
VoivodFan
Member # 27

posted September 30, 2002 03:02     Profile for Väinämöinen   Email Väinämöinen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Oh yeah, thanks for the pic Noitall, that rules!

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan