my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » World of disco fever . Blacky !?

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: World of disco fever . Blacky !?
Marginal
VoivodFan
Member # 116

posted September 25, 2002 10:36     Profile for Marginal   Email Marginal     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
http://www.artistdirect.com/music/artist/appears/0,,584459,00.html

Well , for the disco album , is it someone with the same name ?

btw , doughboys are still alive ?

|  IP: Logged
K
VoivodFan
Member # 6

posted September 25, 2002 10:38     Profile for K   Email K     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
HA! What the hell?

Does THIS look familiar to you, Blacky?

h
VoivodFan
Member # 8

posted September 25, 2002 11:35     Profile for h   Email h     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I get the feeling Angel rat is a better record than Disco Fever!!! But I could be wrong....
nia
VoivodFan
Member # 9

posted September 25, 2002 12:15     Profile for nia   Email nia     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hee hee, that's funny!

The Doughboys no longer exist, but as far as I know singer John Kastner is still trying to work 'All Systems Go' with the ex-Big Drill Car guys. I think the same touring agency that represents Voivod, represents them.

El Indio
VoivodFan
Member # 18

posted September 25, 2002 20:11     Profile for El Indio   Email El Indio     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hey, didn't the Doughboys appear prominently on the OFC of a certain The Chart magazine which also happened to feature a smaller picture of a certain west coast band on the lower right hand corner of the OFC. I guess that it is purely coincidental that in the background of the picture of the westcoast band was a sign which said "irrelevant" and had an arrow which pointed up and to the left at the more prominent picture. Also if this is the same issue I'm thinking of, a certain other westcoast lad whom you all know somehow had his picture taken with this westcoast band - it looked like he was the leader - and this picture was displayed inside the magazine where the band interview was.
nia
VoivodFan
Member # 9

posted September 25, 2002 23:42     Profile for nia   Email nia     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote

Ha ha Indio, I forgot about that, it was in 93 (you can find photos of *everything* on the net). I actually had said band member make me an 'Irrelevant' t-shirt to wear to the Doughboys show, I don't think they thought it was very funny though.

blacky
VoivodFan
Member # 2

posted September 26, 2002 00:54     Profile for blacky   Email blacky     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
No, that isn't me, sorry, I do like 'daddy cool' thought!
I think artistdirect.com database is very sloppy anyway! often give funny answer, like this one: 'Angel Rat-Steve Sinclair,Executive Producer and also Tenor (Vocal)in New York City Gay Men's...that's funny!

El Indio
VoivodFan
Member # 18

posted September 26, 2002 19:44     Profile for El Indio   Email El Indio     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Believe it or not but I own a "SUCKDOG Drugs are nice!" T-Shirt which is identical to the one which Sean is wearing in the picture. My alltime favorite T-Shirt! I used to have the hots on for Lisa Suckdog and Helen Suckpuppy! Am I sick or what? Sure Lisa used to get kind of gross now and then (Anyone remember her kitty litter routine?) but for some reason I liked her anyways! What a drag that time when Lisa was supposed to play on the same bill as Superconductor at the Cruel Elephant in Gastown. Just too bad Lisa had a runin with some reinforced concrete the previous evening in Portland and ended up in the hospital!

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan