my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » Well well! (Page 1)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2

Author Topic: Well well!
Skul
VoivodFan
Member # 19

posted September 23, 2002 09:40     Profile for Skul   Email Skul     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
check this shit out:

NILE, NAPALM DEATH, VOIVOD, STRAPPING YOUNG LAD, THE BERSERKER To Team Up For U.S. Tour - Sep. 23, 2002

NILE, NAPALM DEATH, VOIVOD, STRAPPING YOUNG LAD and THE BERSERKER will be teaming up for a month-long North American trek as part of what should prove to be one of the most creative and strongest metal club tour packages in recent memory. The tour will reportedly kick off on January 17th, 2003 in Houston, Texas and will feature the five bands performing in the above-mentioned running order (NILE being the headliner). Confirmed dates so far are as follows:

Jan. 17 – Houston, TX @ Fitzgeralds
Jan. 18 – Austin, TX @ Backroom
Jan. 19 – Dallas, TX @ Canyon Club
Jan. 21 – Phoenix, AZ @ Bash on Ash
Jan. 23 – Santa Ana, CA @ Galaxy Theater

We can now start takin' bets for when Voivod will cancel off this tour. (the record's been pushed back forever, so why shouldnt they do that with the tour, too?) And what the fuck? Nile's the headliner? I wouldve put either the Vod or Napalm there.

|  IP: Logged
Slaytanic
VoivodFan
Member # 28

posted September 23, 2002 09:49     Profile for Slaytanic   Email Slaytanic     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Anyone knows the headliner is the best selling act, and so is Nile nowadays.

On the other hand, what, the 'Vod and Napalm Death will be touring together and no Brazil in the schedule???

El Indio
VoivodFan
Member # 18

posted September 23, 2002 10:52     Profile for El Indio   Email El Indio     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I have a weird feeling about this in regards to who's going to play the battle-ax bass for Voivod... I better not bet any money on this but if a recent post on this site is an indicator it just may very well be... (GASP!!!) Blacky!!!
K
VoivodFan
Member # 6

posted September 23, 2002 10:53     Profile for K   Email K     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
YESS!!
Dallas - Canyon Club!
Its a Metal Club right inside the Bronco Bowl
where i saw Black Sabbath (With Dio) many years ago. THE BEST place in Dallas to see a Concert by far! Kreator will be there next month.

I wonder what my chances are of sneaking a Video Camera in.

The Neverman
VoivodFan
Member # 4

posted September 23, 2002 11:06     Profile for The Neverman   Email The Neverman     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by El Indio:
I have a weird feeling about this in regards to who's going to play the battle-ax bass for Voivod... I better not bet any money on this but if a recent post on this site is an indicator it just may very well be... (GASP!!!) Blacky!!!

From what I've seen on the forum(s) over the past few months, Indio was always hinting at some facts which would soon become truth.

So let his words be written...
So let'em be done.

PS. I too am the opinion that the bill for this tour may give indications about the direction of the future record.

nia
VoivodFan
Member # 9

posted September 23, 2002 11:26     Profile for nia   Email nia     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
My take on whether that's going to happen:

Sorry to burst your smiley! I'll put a 10 spot down Skul...

MeanMrMustard
VoivodFan
Member # 57

posted September 23, 2002 18:40     Profile for MeanMrMustard   Email MeanMrMustard     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I can't believe my eyes! Voivod at the Galaxy! That's my end of the universe. : )Sounds appropriate enough! I can hear the MC introducing Voivod to the stage already...

"Voivod enters the Galaxy!"

Sounds like I won't have to wait as long as I thought to hear the new material. Although it's funny....It feels like January just got farther away.

K
VoivodFan
Member # 6

posted September 24, 2002 08:29     Profile for K   Email K     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yes. Jan. is a long ways off. 4 months?
Seems like an eternity.
I certainly hope all the plans hold together for this event.

I dont believe that Blacky will be on Bass either.
Of course, if that were to happen, i'd probably have a Heart Attack out of shock and miss the whole thing!

Slaytanic
VoivodFan
Member # 28

posted September 24, 2002 11:12     Profile for Slaytanic   Email Slaytanic     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by warcorpse:
No official word from voivod.com (...) yet.

Probably they will post them after the gigs. "Voivod played with Nile, Napalm, SYL and Berserker", as always. "Oh, the management did not confirm the dates yet, so I cannot put them on the site..." Yuri should have a serious conversation with the band's management, after all he runs the Official Voivod website.

K
VoivodFan
Member # 6

posted September 24, 2002 11:20     Profile for K   Email K     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
What Official Voivod Website?
You mean there's ANOTHER Website?
When did that happen?

h
VoivodFan
Member # 8

posted September 24, 2002 11:39     Profile for h   Email h     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I'm going to see Nile next week in London. I've deliberately made sure that I haven't heard any of thier records, so I just get a full live experience. I do like a bit of Death Metal now and again, but it seems so few bands do it with any spirit these days.... I hear Nile have changed all that.
I wish the fucking Vod were supporting them here though!

HatrossRig
VoivodFan
Member # 80

posted September 24, 2002 12:20     Profile for HatrossRig   Email HatrossRig     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
if this is true, then...
FUCK YEAH. VOIVOD FINALLY COMES TO CA!
I WILL BE THERE, WHO ELSE IS GOING?

Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted September 24, 2002 21:23     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
You lucky Texas bastards!!!!! TEXAS???? What is up with that state? There seem to be a lot of Vodheads there. Maybe cause its so damn big. KKS, WE NEED A FULL FUCKING REPORT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Four months away????? Damnation!!!
The Neverman
VoivodFan
Member # 4

posted September 25, 2002 03:39     Profile for The Neverman   Email The Neverman     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
We need more than a report...

We need someone to tape the shows!

No, we need someone who films those fucking shows!!!

K
VoivodFan
Member # 6

posted September 25, 2002 08:51     Profile for K   Email K     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I cant figure out why HOUSTON is the starting point. HOUSTON???

Lets see now. How to sneak a $1,500.00 Video Camera into the Canyon Club...hmmmmmmmm.

TVA (Texas Voivod Army) GET READY!!!

The Neverman
VoivodFan
Member # 4

posted September 25, 2002 11:15     Profile for The Neverman   Email The Neverman     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
TVA armed with video cameras...
Aiming at the club...

Film, film, film!

Juan87
VoivodFan
Member # 87

posted September 25, 2002 23:47     Profile for Juan87   Email Juan87     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Houston, TX. We have LIFT-OFF!
Fuck ya I can't even contain my excitement right now
But this Fitzgerald's place I've never been, kind of a teeny place (even if it is 21+). Either way I'm there!!!!

K
VoivodFan
Member # 6

posted September 26, 2002 08:58     Profile for K   Email K     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Wish i had enough Time and Money to follow the Voivod Tour Bus around Texas! That would be cool!
But i'm sure it would end-up on the News:

"Crazed Fan, King Kula, arrested by Texas State Troopers for stalking Montreal Heavy-Metal Band Voivod's Tour Bus."

Skul
VoivodFan
Member # 19

posted September 27, 2002 00:11     Profile for Skul   Email Skul     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
"Obsessive, Fanatic Texas Man gets moustache ripped off by annoyed Canadian Band Member"

OR....

"Canadian band fan taken into custody for impersonating Sargent Cochese from Beastie Boys - Sabotage video, moustache deemed evidence"

OR....

"Goddammit Kula shave that fuckin' thing off your face already!"

X-D
VoivodFan
Member # 3

posted September 27, 2002 01:51     Profile for X-D   Email X-D     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
LOL! King Kula has a moustache?!?! WTF!?!

So King Kula, I gotta know! If you could identify with any of the four moustaches pictured here, which would it be?

Cockroach
VoivodFan
Member # 115

posted September 27, 2002 02:29     Profile for Cockroach   Email Cockroach     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
LOL! You guys are crazy! It always raises me a smile reading your posts!
Helldriver
VoivodFan
Member # 46

posted September 27, 2002 04:54     Profile for Helldriver   Email Helldriver     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yes Cockroach you're right
I wish to know better english to partecipate at this jokes and post more...
It's always a pleasure to see this funny crazy people speaking!!!

Were is Shroeder?

Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted September 27, 2002 05:44     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
In reference to the Kula id post by X-D:

Definitely number two!

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted September 27, 2002 05:56     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Helldriver:

Were is Shroeder?

I DON'T KNOW...PROBABLY HE LOST HIS MIND AND IS LOCKED UP IN AN INSANE ASYLUM

K
VoivodFan
Member # 6

posted September 27, 2002 08:30     Profile for K   Email K     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yes, Skullhed...

I would identify with Pic #2.
Thats how i want to look when i get old & crusty.

Beasty Boys 'Sabotage' Video is really cool!
I actually identify with that!
Big 1970's Sunglasses & all.
Damn, i miss 'Starsky & Hutch!'

All times are ET
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan