my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » Unibroue's Éphémère

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Unibroue's Éphémère
nia
VoivodFan
Member # 9

posted September 20, 2002 19:15     Profile for nia   Email nia     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote

Beer, what else? It's fruity - but I like it. A blanche with essence of apple.
http://www.unibroue.com/products/ephemere.cfm

|  IP: Logged
AngelRat
VoivodFan
Member # 88

posted September 20, 2002 19:56     Profile for AngelRat   Email AngelRat     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
FUKK! I'm interested. Hope I can find this here in Holland. (Or Belgium). Tnx for tha link!

Cheers, AR, beerswiller...

Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted September 20, 2002 21:07     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
ARGHHHHHHHHH!!!! Noitall, honey I love ya, but adding fruit flavor to beer is a sin. Where is the toilet?
nia
VoivodFan
Member # 9

posted September 20, 2002 21:15     Profile for nia   Email nia     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
No, I swear, this is not like a fruit beer. You barely taste the apple. I know what you mean, usually fruit beers make me feel sick too.
K
VoivodFan
Member # 6

posted September 20, 2002 23:43     Profile for K   Email K     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by warcorpse:
Don't ever buy that new malt beverage called "Captain Morgan Gold", its shit.
Tastes like butterscotch supermarket-cola crap.

Hey! I like that stuff! Its got Captain Morgan on the Label! I like to drink lots of it and put on my ANGEL RAT CD.

Matt K.
VoivodFan
Member # 90

posted September 21, 2002 00:35     Profile for Matt K.   Email Matt K.     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Y'a rien qui bat un six-pack de FinDuMonde...

...oups... Sorry. It's Friday.

nia
VoivodFan
Member # 9

posted September 21, 2002 11:49     Profile for nia   Email nia     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Except the 5 litre keg of Fin du Monde. Okay, I don't know for sure if FdM comes in the keg, but the Blanche de Chambly and Raftman do...
Marginal
VoivodFan
Member # 116

posted September 22, 2002 11:28     Profile for Marginal   Email Marginal     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I don't like unibroue's products heh ... this stuff in the bottom of the bottle ... bleh . What i drink these days is some Turbo Shandy : Half a beer ( strong beer if possible ) , Half a smirnoff ice and add 1 or 2 oz of vodka . Cheers
Matt K.
VoivodFan
Member # 90

posted September 22, 2002 14:20     Profile for Matt K.   Email Matt K.     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Ever tried this one?

Brasserie Jeanne d'arc, France.

Skul
VoivodFan
Member # 19

posted September 22, 2002 20:02     Profile for Skul   Email Skul     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I actually saw a huge display of L'Éphemère in the Old Quebec yesterday... I will drink one of those sometime. Hope it's better than La Fin Du Monde.
deesonic
VoivodFan
Member # 1030

posted January 24, 2013 23:44     Profile for deesonic   Email deesonic     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I live in Alabama and love Unibroue products. Believe it or not we get them down here. I especially dig La Fin Du Monde, Maudite, and Trois Pistoles.

PS> Wow! Just realized I dug up a really old thread. I happened to be listening to the new album and drinking a Unibroue La Fin Du Monde and did a double google search and hit this thread.

hexonut
VoivodFan
Member # 73

posted January 25, 2013 00:25     Profile for hexonut   Email hexonut     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Epic bump haha.

--------------------

Casper, your friendly ghost

Cthon
Member # 156

posted January 25, 2013 07:59     Profile for Cthon   Email Cthon     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
nia would be proud haha.

--------------------

www.myspace.com/mastersofpunkrock

ShredTilDead
VoivodFan
Member # 392

posted January 25, 2013 14:30     Profile for ShredTilDead   Email ShredTilDead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I don't know French, but the words "Fin du Monde" caught my eye. Fun times. Evidence:
http://www.voivodfan.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=1&t=002251

--------------------

My head explodes, my ears ring, I can't remember just where I've been.

Blackguard
VoivodFan
Member # 61

posted January 25, 2013 17:57     Profile for Blackguard   Email Blackguard     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
beer thread, yesss!
I read you people all the time, but rarely post...
There is also an ephémère with cassis flavor, my gilr friend's favorite, you should try that one too! My favorite brewery is "Dieu du ciel" from montréal, they brew the best IPA i have ever tasted, la "corne du diable" (devil's horn in english).
Is anybody here brew their own beer?
We should start another thread and share some recipe!

cheer to you all!

ShredTilDead
VoivodFan
Member # 392

posted January 25, 2013 19:23     Profile for ShredTilDead   Email ShredTilDead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I brew my own beer.

Currently fermenting, out in my garage: Nearly Nirvana Pale Ale (https://www.beerbrew.com/ROOT/downloads/recipes/NearlyNirvanaPaleAle.pdf). Tasty stuff.

This weekend it should hit final gravity, then I'm going to dry-hop it for a week and bottle it next Saturday. <burp/>

--------------------

Blackguard
VoivodFan
Member # 61

posted January 26, 2013 09:36     Profile for Blackguard   Email Blackguard     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
This recipe looks great!
I don't see any dry hop in it.
Do you put extra hops or you just use the 1oz cascade for dry hop instead of the last 5 min. of the boil?

I will try it next for sure...cheers!

deesonic
VoivodFan
Member # 1030

posted January 26, 2013 12:30     Profile for deesonic   Email deesonic     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Nice to see homebrewers on here. I actually live in one of only two states where the hobby is illegal...Alabama. A felony even! Not that it's enforced really though. I also happen to work at a brewery in Huntsville called Straight to Ale.
ShredTilDead
VoivodFan
Member # 392

posted January 27, 2013 18:39     Profile for ShredTilDead   Email ShredTilDead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
> I don't see any dry hop in it.
> Do you put extra hops or you just use the 1oz cascade for dry hop instead of the last 5 min. of the boil?

I follow the recipe, mostly, but then I move it into a secondary fermenter and add another 1oz. Cascade. What can I say, I like lots of hops.

> Straight to Ale

Do you guys ship to other states?

--------------------

Blackguard
VoivodFan
Member # 61

posted January 29, 2013 17:01     Profile for Blackguard   Email Blackguard     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Thanks for the tip, I love hops too!
I once brewed an 100 IBUs dark beer, wow!

Cheers!

deesonic
VoivodFan
Member # 1030

posted February 02, 2013 00:27     Profile for deesonic   Email deesonic     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ShredTilDead:
> I don't see any dry hop in it.
> Do you put extra hops or you just use the 1oz cascade for dry hop instead of the last 5 min. of the boil?

I follow the recipe, mostly, but then I move it into a secondary fermenter and add another 1oz. Cascade. What can I say, I like lots of hops.

> Straight to Ale

Do you guys ship to other states?

Just Alabama and Tennessee at this point. Florida panhandle will be very soon. Then who knows? We are expanding quickly. Business has been great as the South finally gets on board with craft beer. Thanks for asking!

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan