my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » Dave Mustaines injury

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Dave Mustaines injury
Twindummy
VoivodFan
Member # 15

posted September 20, 2002 08:31     Profile for Twindummy   Email Twindummy     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
So now that Megadeth has been done for a few months, I still never heard exactly what happened to Mustaine's arm or hand in this injury he suffered. Does anyone know the story? Is he ever gonna play again? I'm curious...

-TD

|  IP: Logged
Emlyn K Helicopter
VoivodFan
Member # 44

posted September 20, 2002 08:53     Profile for Emlyn K Helicopter   Email Emlyn K Helicopter     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
It's probably completely recovered now his contact with Sanctuary has been cancelled.

Their last album sucked so much I nearly had an anurism.

And now the other three want to form a band of their own! ho ho ho ho.

Wanted: Junkie ego-maniac frontman who can't sing. Will be required to sack each of us in turn over the next few months.

Väinämöinen
VoivodFan
Member # 27

posted September 23, 2002 02:52     Profile for Väinämöinen   Email Väinämöinen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
From metal-rules.com:
---------------------
Added Thursday, September 5
September 10th brings along a new Megadeth release, featuring never released live tracks and a selection of previously released studio tracks.

The new tracks were recorded at the Web Theater in Phoenix, Arizona November 17, 2001. This was the last concert for Megadeth prior to my departure , the recording was done for the Live CD and DVD ‘Rude Awakening.’ There were additional tracks that were not on that record,we've included them on this new release. My return to the studio with Bill Kennedy to finish up the mixing and mastering for the six live songs was really invigorating, these tracks sound amazing. It was awesome to hear how good the band really was.

As for me, my arm is continuing to heal according to the Doctors projections and I have even been picking up the guitar every now and then. I am getting excited to start playing and writing again. Trust me, you’ll be hearing from me soon.

I would like to say thanks to everyone for supporting the band, for your understanding of my position and the decision I had to make, for all of your encouragement while I was healing, and rest assured that you haven’t heard the last of Megadeth or Dave Mustaine.
----------

Sounds like mr. Helicopter's suspicions about Sanctuary Records & Mustaine are correct...lol!

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted September 23, 2002 09:01     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Sorry, I've like MegaDave and the band from the beginning, and although there are a few 'shit song' and one piece of crap cd (RISK) I'll take there catalog over Metallica's any day. Istill have all of Metallica's releases, but if I had to choose, it would be Megadeth.

Glad to hear he's recovering and will create new music.

Emlyn K Helicopter
VoivodFan
Member # 44

posted September 23, 2002 11:23     Profile for Emlyn K Helicopter   Email Emlyn K Helicopter     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Aye, no disrespect intended - well, not much...

Peace Sells is a fucking awesome record that has more fire in it than anything Metallica did.

But I've been watching the video to 'Motorpsycho', I mean.... there's chicks dancing in it!

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted September 23, 2002 13:55     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Emlyn K Helicopter:
Aye, no disrespect intended - well, not much...

Peace Sells is a fucking awesome record that has more fire in it than anything Metallica did.

But I've been watching the video to 'Motorpsycho', I mean.... there's chicks dancing in it!

I TOTALLY AGREE MOTOPSYCHO IS A WASTE OF VIDEO AND A BAD SWAN SONG FOR THE BAND. There are better songs from the new album that would make better videos, I have no idea what the fuck Mustaine was thinking when he did this video. BACK TO HANGAR would have been cool, or The World Needs A Hero would have made a perfect video, and images from events of the last year could have been used.

It's ashme the band split because I thought they were back on course with their music.

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan