my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » VOIVOD Prepare To Record New CD

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: VOIVOD Prepare To Record New CD
Slaytanic
VoivodFan
Member # 28

posted September 19, 2002 09:36     Profile for Slaytanic   Email Slaytanic     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted on Blabbermouth.net:

VOIVOD Prepare To Record New CD - Sep. 19, 2002

The current incarnation of VOIVOD — vocalist Snake (a.k.a. Denis Belanger), guitarist Piggy (a.k.a. Denis D'Amour), drummer Away (a.k.a. Michel Langevin), and ex-METALLICA bassist Jason Newsted — will enter the final phase of pre-production for the group's much-anticipated comeback album on September 24th at Newsted's home studio in Walnut Creek, California. 13 songs (including one called "Gasmask") have been completed for the as-yet-untitled effort, according to Newsted, who will co-produce the record with Brian Dobbs (ECHOBRAIN, MANMADEGOD) beginning in mid-October. A tentative March 4th, 2003 release is planned.

Has the countdown officially begun?

|  IP: Logged
Väinämöinen
VoivodFan
Member # 27

posted September 19, 2002 10:40     Profile for Väinämöinen   Email Väinämöinen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
They're going to spend 6 months refining the record? 13 songs? AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRGGGGGGGHH!!!
*pant* *pant* *drool*

That sounds like something incredibly cool! Fuck, my pulse must be above 160 bpm! FINALLY SOME REAL NEWS!!

I just wish they'd drop us fans a line someday.

Now I'm off to celebrate, this calls for heavy drinking

h
VoivodFan
Member # 8

posted September 19, 2002 10:58     Profile for h   Email h     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Man, I hope it is only 6 months. I know bands who have had a finished album recorded and have had to wait 18 months before all the business bullshit is ready for the release.
But I agree... this does call for some heavy drinking! Alright!

space monger
VoivodFan
Member # 41

posted September 19, 2002 14:10     Profile for space monger   Email space monger     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Nice to hear there will be 13 songs. All that 'pick 10 songs out of 25' talk had me a little edgy.

new kickass album coming out + new kickass video is created (and only airs 4 times on muchmusic in next 10 years, but still rules) = F*%K YEAHHH!!!

this calls for a frosty barley pop or three!

X-D
VoivodFan
Member # 3

posted September 19, 2002 14:31     Profile for X-D   Email X-D     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
This is good to hear! Solid news! And drink away I shall do!

I'm hoping a DVD follows soon! I just ordered an RKL DVD online yesterday and if those guys can do it, god dammit, Voivod should be able to as well! It am constantly amazed at all of the less well known band releasing DVDs these days and none from Voivod! Yeah I know, a dead horse...

nia
VoivodFan
Member # 9

posted September 19, 2002 15:10     Profile for nia   Email nia     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
You guys would find any excuse for some drinking!

...as would Snake according to those who went to the Kreator/Destruction show on Monday at les foufs, lol

hawkmoon
Junior VoivodFan
Member # 118

posted September 19, 2002 21:09     Profile for hawkmoon   Email hawkmoon     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I heard there was bonus track about deformed children called "depleted uranium"
any truth to that?

Skul
VoivodFan
Member # 19

posted September 20, 2002 00:46     Profile for Skul   Email Skul     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
"Depleted Welfare Check" perhaps...
h
VoivodFan
Member # 8

posted September 20, 2002 05:10     Profile for h   Email h     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Jesus fucking christ, Warcorpse. You had me going there. I was putting together a pretty solid picture of how the new record is gonna sound from reading that list! Before I got to the end I was thinking "fucking hell... they're going for the super-brutal era stuff!"
To tell the truth though, I was starting to feel a little dissapointed. Don't get me wrong, I love that era of Voivod, but I'm hoping for a little more variation from the worlds most creative band!
"Re-build your weapons" is the best title ever, though!

Emlyn K Helicopter
VoivodFan
Member # 44

posted September 20, 2002 08:56     Profile for Emlyn K Helicopter   Email Emlyn K Helicopter     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Not as good as 'Back to the Weapons' by the mighty Living Death. Not that I've ever heard it...
Marginal
VoivodFan
Member # 116

posted September 20, 2002 09:48     Profile for Marginal   Email Marginal     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I don't know how to say it in english but here we go : Le lancement de l'album est prévu a MTL ? J'demande pas quand mais ou .
Slaytanic
VoivodFan
Member # 28

posted September 20, 2002 12:06     Profile for Slaytanic   Email Slaytanic     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
"Finite Automata", I love this title! If ever I learn to play any instrument and form a band, this will surely name one of my songs!
Black Guard
VoivodFan
Member # 113

posted September 21, 2002 13:29     Profile for Black Guard   Email Black Guard     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Oh, my God!!!! These news crushed me! But... what are these titles? "Re-build Your Weapons", "Korgull Reigns"! Wow... I can't wait for the releasing date! Hope it won't be too far from now...

Re-build your stereos!!!

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan