my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » Originals Nothingface cover-arts (Page 1)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2

Author Topic: Originals Nothingface cover-arts
Marginal
VoivodFan
Member # 116

posted September 17, 2002 11:37     Profile for Marginal   Email Marginal     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Blacky is the man to ask this or maybe some of you could inform me about this . About the cover art ( or any other illustrations in the Nothingface album ) , Does the original works for the Nothingface album still exists ? Cause since i don't do drugs anymore ( well ... exept weed ) i have now the cash to buy one of these original works ( if it has existed or if it still exist ) . I don't know who done these ( don't have my old nothingfacecassette and i'm still looking for the cd ... heh ) and i would like to know . but frankly , i'm not interrested in the artist , it's the fact that it's some voivod art

Any help would be really appreciated

* dreams to have the Sub-effect, Into my hypercube , Missing sequences or Nothingface original artwork in his living room *

|  IP: Logged
nothingface
VoivodFan
Member # 58

posted September 17, 2002 12:07     Profile for nothingface   Email nothingface     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Marginal:
...I don't know who done these...but frankly, i'm not interrested in the artist...

That's so funny. Away did all the artwork. Perhaps it's time to ditch the weed too?

Marginal
VoivodFan
Member # 116

posted September 17, 2002 12:58     Profile for Marginal   Email Marginal     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
eek ! like we say here : '' criss de séquelle ! ''... lol i didn't knew that it was Away who done that =/ shame on me ... Well , be comprehensive : i bought the nothingface cassette back in 92 or 93 ... so when you have 18 and doing everything available to '' break on throught to the other side '' , this is some stuff you don't care about those things sometimes at this age ... Plus , with a daily dose of T ,H & C vitamins , it's something that can be easy to forgot ...

Anyway it's even better now i know that away done the artworks , would it be possible that someone answers to my previous post ( not by quoting 3 or 4 words that you find cool to elaborate a machavelian plan to make peoples look like they are freshly new to voivod ... ) ? Well ?

Peut etre j'me serais moins fait teté par l'autre bozo d'en haut si j'aurais commencé ma discussion en francais ? criss ...

En t ka ... j'aimerais ben avoir des contacts au cas ou ca serait possible de me procurer une de ces oeuvres .

P.s. Pis comme disait Gerry , marci !!!

K
VoivodFan
Member # 6

posted September 17, 2002 13:31     Profile for K   Email K     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Nevermind nothingface and his silliness.

Keep smoking the Weed, Man!

You are looking for Origional ARTWORK?
Or is it the Origional CD?

Away has never produced an Art Book yet.
Although we all have been prodding him to do so for YEARS...us Drummers are a bit slow.

Any ORIGIONAL Artwork for that Album are either still held by Away himself, or maybe the Record Label.
Interresting question though!

Cheers!

Marginal
VoivodFan
Member # 116

posted September 17, 2002 16:09     Profile for Marginal   Email Marginal     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
* passes the joint to King Kula Shaker *

I'm looking for the original artworks One more thing i would like to know if those artworks still exists is , what is the approximative size of the originals ?

btw , i'm serious when saying that i'm really interrested in buying one of those ( unless they give em ... ).

Mr. Phobia
VoivodFan
Member # 66

posted September 17, 2002 16:21     Profile for Mr. Phobia   Email Mr. Phobia     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
i think that stuff was all done on computer
so, maybe there is nothing you can buy
unless, maybe you can buy the computer diskette it was saved on

X-D
VoivodFan
Member # 3

posted September 17, 2002 17:02     Profile for X-D   Email X-D     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yeah, I think Mr. Phobia is correct in that those images were created on a computer (I'll guess an Amiga, considering the timeframe) and were most likely never drawn out in any sort of complete form... although I could be totally wrong about this.

Interestingly enough, I have been working on cleaning up a quicktime file of the "Psychic Vacuum" video which contains early versions/animations of some of that Nothingface artwork. I'd post it but the filesize is too big still (140mg)... gotta get it through Mediacleaner somehow!

Marginal
VoivodFan
Member # 116

posted September 17, 2002 17:13     Profile for Marginal   Email Marginal     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Interresting , so if those artworks were made on a computer , maybe a copy of those files would be somewhere in one of Blacky's boxes ?

*edit- btw , if the files are saved in a format that only amiga ( or other old PC ) handles , no problem , there's some amiga emulators easily available on the net *

Greg Gloomp
VoivodFan
Member # 29

posted September 17, 2002 17:27     Profile for Greg Gloomp   Email Greg Gloomp     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
X-D, did you ever check out the Nothingface MuchMusic show I sent you? Pardon my non-retro computer knowledge but what was an Amiga?
X-D
VoivodFan
Member # 3

posted September 17, 2002 18:22     Profile for X-D   Email X-D     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hey Greg!
Yeah man! I did, finally! It turned out that my dvd player (already outdated), doesn't play cdrs so I had to get a program to play vcds on my mac, which I just did like two days ago! Thanks! It turned out great! Schroeder sent me a sweet Pink Floyd vcd too that I finally got to check out! Thanks guys!

The Amiga was a computer that was around from the mid to late 80s through the early 90s and was especially geared towards graphics, animation, and video production. Back in the day they could handle hefty graphic and video projects that would have killed your Apple or Windows machine at the time. I think Apple crushed 'em when they took over that market... not really sure. I never owned one, but used them often in early film & video classes. Actually, there are still people who use 'em too! If your still curious, check around on Google, there's guys writing new programs for these machines all the time!

Nate Carson
VoivodFan
Member # 97

posted September 17, 2002 18:29     Profile for Nate Carson   Email Nate Carson     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I've got an Amiga 500 in the box if anyone wants to buy it and create their own Nothingface art...
Emlyn K Helicopter
VoivodFan
Member # 44

posted September 17, 2002 18:49     Profile for Emlyn K Helicopter   Email Emlyn K Helicopter     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
A mate of mine still uses his Amega to make tunes on, and its held together with fucking gaffa tape!

Suprised to hear that Nothingface artwork may have been done on one, but why not? It's got that kind of 'candy' pixelated look about it. I'd rate the images on the back cover far higher than the cleaner pics from Negatron, anyday.

He should go back to his childrens crayons, like on War & Pain! And Rrroooaaarrr!!! I can just picture him beavering away at that cover, with his tongue out in concentration...arm covering what he's already done like a 6-year old...and then....he shows the guys!

Blacky - What the fuck!?
Snake - Why is he driving a tractor?
Piggy - He's not driving it...he pedaling it along with his hands.
Away - Hey, fuck you guys..you haven't heard the concept behind it yet...
Blacky - ha ha ha ha ha haaaaaaa (falls over from smoking pot too much)

Matt K.
VoivodFan
Member # 90

posted September 17, 2002 20:29     Profile for Matt K.   Email Matt K.     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Straight from the horse's mouth...

Here's an excerpt of the '89 "Voivod live à MusiquePlus", in which Away talk of the conception and production of the Nothingface artwork.

www3.sympatico.ca/kdml/away89.mp3
(1,1 Mb, monaural mp3, in french)

Marginal
VoivodFan
Member # 116

posted September 17, 2002 21:26     Profile for Marginal   Email Marginal     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Oh nice maatkk ! Thanks , that answers to all my questions and even more ...

P.s. Ahhh ! J'm'ennuyais de Paul Sarrazin pis de sa voix bandante ! ...

Matt K.
VoivodFan
Member # 90

posted September 17, 2002 21:29     Profile for Matt K.   Email Matt K.     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
"Pain" Sarrazin, comme dirait RBO...
Skul
VoivodFan
Member # 19

posted September 17, 2002 21:50     Profile for Skul   Email Skul     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Pop fuckin' Sarrazin. Osti d'poseur... haha! J'essaye tant bien que mal de l'effacer de ma mémoire. J'ai des flatulences juste à voir son nom... urgh. Fuck him. C'tait cool quand Gene Simmons s'est carrément levé puis s'est poussé durant une entrevue, vu l'imbécilité alarmante des questions à Paul... Je l'aurais probablement frappé au passage. Cave.

Ah.. ca fait du bien

Matt K.
VoivodFan
Member # 90

posted September 17, 2002 22:27     Profile for Matt K.   Email Matt K.     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Skulhed, tu dois te souvenir de "Douce jalousiiiiiie..." Une autre des fois où Pain Sarrazin a eu l'air fou en 'stie...

Beware, this thread will turn into a Paul Sarrazin hate club...

Marginal
VoivodFan
Member # 116

posted September 17, 2002 23:48     Profile for Marginal   Email Marginal     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Blue jeans ... sur la plage ... ( j'pense c la tune du premier et dernier video de paul sarrazin ... ) Ok les gars ... scuzez moi d'avoir fait remonter des souvenirs que vous espériez peut etre ne plus jamais revivre ... Mais moi faut j'l'exorcise pour m'enlever la criss de face de moron a Paul de d'dans tete !...
h
VoivodFan
Member # 8

posted September 18, 2002 05:00     Profile for h   Email h     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I still have my Amiga 1200! I only use it to play Sensible Soccer on though!! Those things rocked... well.. for the time!
Helldriver
VoivodFan
Member # 46

posted September 18, 2002 07:39     Profile for Helldriver   Email Helldriver     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
For who is interested in Voivod graphic...
I made some nothingface short animations on my website, it's not the original pixelate graphics but a smoothed one (made in flash, maybe some of you already saw it).
And also Yuri should post soon on the official site a screensaver based on my sub-effect animation.

Matt K.
VoivodFan
Member # 90

posted September 18, 2002 07:47     Profile for Matt K.   Email Matt K.     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yeah, I saw your site a while ago... Very, VERY nice work!!!
Marginal
VoivodFan
Member # 116

posted September 18, 2002 11:28     Profile for Marginal   Email Marginal     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Damn cool site , very well made . Thanks
blacky
VoivodFan
Member # 2

posted September 18, 2002 12:42     Profile for blacky   Email blacky     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Paul Sarrazin vient de Honquiere, and everybody was making jokes about him, which he never got. Pauvre p'tit Paul, si tu savais toutes les choses qu'on a pu dire a ton sujet...on a tous bien rient. He just wanted to do his best, so he did.
blacky
VoivodFan
Member # 2

posted September 18, 2002 12:46     Profile for blacky   Email blacky     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Only the first four album covers were painted by hand, and Away should still have the original. No print were ever made from the Amiga 500 that he used at the time.
Marginal
VoivodFan
Member # 116

posted September 18, 2002 14:34     Profile for Marginal   Email Marginal     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
thanks for the answer Blacky Does Away have an email where i could get in contact with ?( the dimension hatross cover artwork is really interresting i must say , but is it still in mint condition ? )

quote:
He ( paul sarrazin ) just wanted to do his best, so he did.

lol ...

En passant , pour les nostalgiques de Paul , si vous avez real player , click ... http://www.voir.ca/audio/dossiers/top10/2000/sympatico_smil/bluejeans.ram ( lol ... on dirait qu'au début , il essaie de faire une intro style shine on you crazy diamond de pink floyd pis apres bang : ca sonne comme Sweet peoples ! fuckin scary . Si vous avez d'autres temps a perdre comme moi , d'autres kétaineries a écouter la : http://www.top10ketaine.com/ ...

All times are ET
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan