my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » KYUSS

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: KYUSS
satan
VoivodFan
Member # 35

posted September 14, 2002 21:31     Profile for satan   Email satan     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
This is an Order only for my Loyal Subjects...

Put in the CD, 'Blues for the Sun' NOW!!!
and Blow your Speakers on Track 1: 'Thumb.'

Note: Lighting a big, fat Joint IS advised at this time.

Sincerely, SATAN, Lord of the Underworld.

*The rest of you continue with what you were doing and ignore this Message please.*

|  IP: Logged
Juan87
VoivodFan
Member # 87

posted September 15, 2002 00:51     Profile for Juan87   Email Juan87     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Dark Lord:
If I had the CD I would obey. But at least I can light a fatty!
::
progression of getting stoned:
::
1. ran out of stuff
2. WAIT a minute, a bud under the couch cushion
3. break it up
4. lick paper
5. Light, inhale, don't exhale
6. feeling funny now
7. Everthing is OK
8. MUNCHIES!!!!!
:::
After about two hours repeat steps 1-8

Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted September 15, 2002 10:46     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Damn, is this why they call it stoner rock???

Hey, what is the best KYUSS album to get? The one Devilman mentioned???

AngelRat
VoivodFan
Member # 88

posted September 15, 2002 11:11     Profile for AngelRat   Email AngelRat     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
KYUSS!!! 'Blues for the Red Sun' is their best. '...and the Circus leaves Town' is a personal fav. 'Sky Valley' should sound great when you're stoned. I don't know, never really got into that one. 'Blues...' is one of those albums that will get you into other spheres just by listening to it.
Nate Carson
VoivodFan
Member # 97

posted September 15, 2002 19:36     Profile for Nate Carson   Email Nate Carson     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
The best Kyuss album is the first Queens of the Stone Age album.
X-D
VoivodFan
Member # 3

posted September 15, 2002 21:27     Profile for X-D   Email X-D     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
My personal favs are 'Blues For The Red Sun' and 'Welcome To Sky Valley'. I also have 'Wretch' and 'Circus..' but find they don't get as much rotation as the afore mentioned two.
h
VoivodFan
Member # 8

posted September 16, 2002 05:05     Profile for h   Email h     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Kyuss rocked, man! "Blues...", "Sky Valley" and "Circus..." are all essential purchases, if you ask me. Avoid "Wretch" like the plague though!! It sounds like a different band! Get any of the other three, and the first one you hear will be your favourite, as they are all equally as rocking. Also check out Unida (John Garcia & Scott Reeder's new band).
Väinämöinen
VoivodFan
Member # 27

posted September 16, 2002 05:17     Profile for Väinämöinen   Email Väinämöinen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yes, Kyuss was great! One thing that pisses me off is that when they were closer than 1000 miles away from Finland I missed them. There was a metal/grunge festival w/ bands like White Zombie, Soundgarden, Mudhoney etc. in Helsinki. When I got to the venue one hour after the doors had opened, Kuyss were already playing their last song. And it was like 2 p.m.! I can't even remember which band followed them, I was so disappointed at the time. Well, I guess circus left the town for me...
Juan87
VoivodFan
Member # 87

posted September 18, 2002 00:42     Profile for Juan87   Email Juan87     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
DUMMY SAYS!! Hey that must've been around '92-'93 because I saw Kyuss with White Zombie when they opened for Danzig. Talk about a smokin' bill!
By the way I guess I forgot how cool Kyuss sounded for some reason ( ), but now I definitely need to rediscover them.

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan