my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » Hugh Le Caine 1914-1977

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Hugh Le Caine 1914-1977
manipulator
VoivodFan
Member # 12

posted September 10, 2002 17:55     Profile for manipulator   Email manipulator     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
http://www.ewh.ieee.org/reg/7/millennium/electronic_music/em_lecaine.html

gone 25 years ago, inventor of the cv synth, wich led to the moog.

|  IP: Logged
K
VoivodFan
Member # 6

posted September 10, 2002 18:16     Profile for K   Email K     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I wonder what he would have thought of the Music of Tangerine Dream, Synergy, Jean Michael Jarre, Kraftwerk, Brian Eno, Cluster, Vangelis and all the other many Pioneers of Electronic Music.

Cool Article!
Whatever possesed you to Post this, Manipulator?
Happy you did, as i love Electronic Music!

Now i gotta go put on 'Electronic Meditations' by Tangerine Dream!

manipulator
VoivodFan
Member # 12

posted September 10, 2002 19:20     Profile for manipulator   Email manipulator     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
i'm somehow a synth freak. it's entirely the fault of blacky.

i had this pipe dream of assembling an electronic arsenal for voivod to toy around with.

i can only imagine piggy riding the jupiter.

oh well...

X-D
VoivodFan
Member # 3

posted September 10, 2002 19:55     Profile for X-D   Email X-D     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hey, but what a cool pipe dream Manipulator!

I've said it before and I'll say it again... A Blacky & Piggy electronic/experimental album would make my decade! One of music's most awe-inspiring guitar/bass duos reunited on a completely different playing field!

neutronboy2000
VoivodFan
Member # 71

posted September 11, 2002 02:57     Profile for neutronboy2000   Email neutronboy2000     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yesss...X-D that would be a totally cosmic collaboration between those two anomalies-imagine the torturous,bass ghost in sychro-mode with Piggy-nanosolo guitar overdrive melding with futurist electronik sqeaks and rumblings as a truly unique instru-mental offering...I hope more fans respond like crazy to this post to perhaps prod D'Amour and Theriault to consider this someday....we can only hope
K
VoivodFan
Member # 6

posted September 11, 2002 08:43     Profile for K   Email K     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I agree!

Blacky! Are you reading this?
Consider a project with Piggy in the future!
That would be incredible!

h
VoivodFan
Member # 8

posted September 11, 2002 09:12     Profile for h   Email h     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yeah! I'm not a huge fan of electronic music (most of it sucks, but like all types of music there are some gems), but I'd willingly part with my cash for a collaboration of this kind. Go for it boys..
uhhh... but get that new Voivod record finished first, eh?

Väinämöinen
VoivodFan
Member # 27

posted September 12, 2002 08:16     Profile for Väinämöinen   Email Väinämöinen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hey manipulator, extremely cool dream! I'm also a bit into electronic experimenting music like Tangerine Dream etc. If VV or Piggy & Blacky would announce that they're going to do that kind of a record, I'd probably stay up for a week because of the "rush of adrenaline into the head"!

Now playing: "Phaedra" by TD. And no, I'm not near any speakers or headphones, it's all in my head

AngelRat
VoivodFan
Member # 88

posted September 12, 2002 16:12     Profile for AngelRat   Email AngelRat     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Here's an idea. A double album with the first disc consisting of new Voivod songs and the second disc a kind of experimental recording in Tangerine Dream-like fashion. I would sell my soul for that (if I had any...)
manipulator
VoivodFan
Member # 12

posted September 12, 2002 16:24     Profile for manipulator   Email manipulator     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
yeah, maybe when they're done with voivod, they could indulge in it. I'm sure piggy and blacky would have tremendous pleasure working together again. Hell, i'm sure away would have a ball too. Altought with soft sampler these days... But as the beasties once said: Nothing quite sounds like an 808 !
(or an xbase09 or emu sampler

manipulator
VoivodFan
Member # 12

posted September 12, 2002 17:16     Profile for manipulator   Email manipulator     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by warcorpse:
Away can be replaced by a drum machine.

i will disagree here. A good drummer hooked to sampler and analog drums trough midi triggers would be a lot more interesting. Unless you're going for the doof doof doof doof thing. Then, yeah, sure.

K
VoivodFan
Member # 6

posted September 12, 2002 18:56     Profile for K   Email K     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by warcorpse:
Away can be replaced by a drum machine.

PERRISH THE THOUGHT YOU......Guitarist!!!

(Nobody ever understands us Drummers. )

I would like a simple Piggy / Blacky Project.
Nobody else involved much.

h
VoivodFan
Member # 8

posted September 13, 2002 05:17     Profile for h   Email h     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by King Kula Shaker:
I would like a simple Piggy / Blacky Project.
Nobody else involved much.

Apart from maybe Snake. And Away.
That'd brighten my day!

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan