my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » Iron Maiden singer Bruce Dickinson hitting new heights as airline pilot

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Iron Maiden singer Bruce Dickinson hitting new heights as airline pilot
El Indio
VoivodFan
Member # 18

posted September 08, 2002 20:37     Profile for El Indio   Email El Indio     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Wow, I think that my mind has just been blown!!!

LONDON (AP) - Bruce Dickinson, singer for heavy metal veterans Iron Maiden, is hitting new heights in his second career as a commercial airline pilot. "It's a great job," Dickinson told the Daily Telegraph. "Nothing else compares."

Charter airline Astraeus confirmed that Dickinson, 44, serves as first officer on Boeing 737s flying between Britain and holiday destinations in Europe, North Africa and the Middle East. The band - famous for long hair and high-pitched hits like Run to the Hills - formed in the late 1970s and still has a loyal following.

"We have had Iron Maiden fans on board who, when they heard my name being announced as first officer, asked the hostesses if it was the rock star," Dickinson said.

"When told it was they spent the flight with their jaws on the floor then ask if they can have a chat with me."

Dickinson, who got his commercial pilot's licence in the 1990s, performs with Iron Maiden during holidays from his airline job. In June, a rereleased Run to the Hills reached No. 9 on the British singles chart.

|  IP: Logged
Skul
VoivodFan
Member # 19

posted September 08, 2002 21:34     Profile for Skul   Email Skul     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Air Mullet.
space monger
VoivodFan
Member # 41

posted September 08, 2002 23:49     Profile for space monger   Email space monger     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
The Flight of Bruce Dickarus

(okay, bad joke i know)

Layla's Dad
VoivodFan
Member # 48

posted September 10, 2002 16:45     Profile for Layla's Dad   Email Layla's Dad     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Looks like Dickinson is a pilot moonlighting
as rock singer. That's unique and remarkable.

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan