my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » Ted Nugent Has Bargain for Lance Bass (Page 1)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2

Author Topic: Ted Nugent Has Bargain for Lance Bass
El Indio
VoivodFan
Member # 18

posted September 04, 2002 16:27     Profile for El Indio   Email El Indio     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I find the following to be quite hilarious!

NEW YORK (AP) - Why would Lance Bass want to go into space, when he could be home on the range with Ted Nugent?

The 'N Sync singer was rejected this week in his bid to visit the International Space Station because his sponsors were unable to come up with the $20 million fee in time.

But for just $1 million, Nugent has offered to have the boy band member over to his Michigan ranch to teach him bow-hunting skills. The guitarist and outdoorsman said Bass could then join him on a weeklong hunt, ``where he'll be taught a greater appreciation for nature and gravity as he hunts, kills, cleans and cooks for himself.''

``Bass needs to quit worrying about going into outer space and embrace and celebrate life by learning how to kill his own food,'' Nugent said Tuesday. ``A slab of flesh on the back of a deer is the finest source of protein on the planet.''

The 53-year-old rocker said he'd sweeten the deal by ``throwing in a few guitar lessons.''

Nugent is a National Rifle Association board member whose books include ``God, Guns & Rock 'n' Roll'' and ``Kill it and Grill It: A Guide to Preparing and Cooking Wild Game and Fish.'' He says he'll kill 100 deer this year, most of which he'll donate to homeless shelters.

Bass' publicist, Jill Fritzo, did not immediately have a response to Nugent's offer Wednesday.

|  IP: Logged
Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted September 04, 2002 16:49     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Makes sense to me.

I'd like to see that little bastard try to bowhunt with the master. This is quite difficult. You actually have to be within 20-30 yards of the deer to make a clean kill. And bucks aren't stupid. They can sense human presence miles away. Especially if you're the excitable type, they can smell your fear.

TED NUGENT FOR PRESIDENT!!!!

Emlyn K Helicopter
VoivodFan
Member # 44

posted September 04, 2002 16:58     Profile for Emlyn K Helicopter   Email Emlyn K Helicopter     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I recoil from Nugents remarks, then read them again and wholeheartedly agree with him in a foaming-at-the-mouth kind of way.

I'm sure it would do the boy good. Fucking Nsync!

JETHRO
VoivodFan
Member # 11

posted September 04, 2002 17:30     Profile for JETHRO   Email JETHRO     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
i think "Forgotten in space" pretty much sums up my feelings for Bass and Nugent.
nia
VoivodFan
Member # 9

posted September 04, 2002 17:39     Profile for nia   Email nia     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I've often thought that if I saw Ted Nugent on the street I would run him over. And Lance Bass is enough of a wanker already without learning some wanky guitar riffs from the Nuge.
manipulator
VoivodFan
Member # 12

posted September 04, 2002 17:58     Profile for manipulator   Email manipulator     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
and if i was seated by you nia, i'd suggest you back up on him, just to make sure.

grill the road kill !

K
VoivodFan
Member # 6

posted September 04, 2002 18:32     Profile for K   Email K     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
* The following Post does not reflect the views and opinions of King Kula or Voivod *

BAD AMERICAN

Date: Fri, 29 Jun 2001

Written by Ted Nugent, the rock singer and hunter/naturalist, upon hearing that California Senators B. Boxer and D. Feinstein denounced him for being a "gun owner" and a "Rock Star".

This was his response after telling the senators about his past contributions to children's charities and scholarship foundations which have totaled more than $13.7 million in the last 5 years!!
:::
I'm a Bad American-this pretty much sums it up for me. I like big trucks, big boats, big houses, and naturally, pretty women.

I believe the money I make belongs to me and my family, not some midlevel governmental functionary with a bad comb-over who wants to give it away to crack addicts squirting out babies.

I don't care about appearing compassionate.

I think playing with toy guns doesn't make you a killer. I believe ignoring your kids and giving them Prozac might.

I think I'm doing better than the homeless.

I don't think being a minority makes you noble or victimized.

I have the right not to be tolerant of others because they are different,
weird or make me mad.
This is my life to live, and not necessarily up to others expectations.

I know what SEX is and there are not varying degrees of it.

I don't celebrate Kwanzaa.
But if you want to that's fine; I just
don't feel like everyone else should have to.

I believe that if you are selling me a Dairy Queen shake, a pack of cigarettes, or hotel room you do it in English.
As of matter of fact, if you are an American citizen you should speak English.
My uncles and forefathers shouldn't have had to die in vain so you can leave the
countries you were born in to come disrespect ours, and make us bend
to your will. Get over it.

I think the cops have every right to shoot your sorry butt if you're
running from them after they tell you to stop.
If you can't understand the word 'freeze' or 'stop' in English, see the previous line.

I don't use the excuse "it's for the children" as a shield for
unpopular opinions or actions.

I know how to count votes and I feel much safer letting a machine with political affiliation do a recount when needed.

I know what the definition of lying is, and it isn't based on the word "is"-ever.

I don't think just because you were not born in this country, you
qualify for any special loan programs, gov't sponsored bank loans, etc., so you can open a hotel, 7-Eleven, trinket shop, or any thing
else, while the indigenous peoples can't get past a high school
education because they can't afford it.

I didn't take the initiative in inventing the Internet.

I thought the Taco Bell dog was funny.

I want them to bring back safe and sane fireworks.

I believe no one ever died because of something Ozzy Osbourne, Ice-T
or Marilyn Manson sang, but that doesn't mean I want to listen to that
crap from someone else's car when I'm stopped at a red light.
But I respect your right to.

I think that being a student doesn't give you any more enlightenment
than working at Blockbuster or Jack In The Box.

I don't want to eat or drink anything with the words light, lite or
fat-free on the package.

Our soldiers did not go to some foreign country and risk their lives
in vain and defend our Constitution so that decades later you can tell
me it's a living document ever changing and is open to interpretation.
The guys who wrote it were light years ahead of anyone today, and they
meant what they said - now leave the document alone, or there's going
to be trouble.

I don't hate the rich. I help the poor.

I know wrestling is fake.

I've never owned, or was a slave, and a large percentage of our
forefathers weren't wealthy enough to own one either.
Please stop blaming me because some prior white people were idiots - and remember,
tons of white, Indian, Chinese, and other races have been enslaved too
- it was wrong for every one of them.

I believe a self-righteous liberal Democrat with a cause is more
dangerous than a Hell's Angel with an attitude.

I want to know exactly which church is it where the "Reverend" Jessie
Jackson preaches; and, what exactly is his job function.

I own a gun, you can own a gun, and any red blooded American should be
allowed to own a gun, but if you use it in a crime, then you will serve the time.

I think Bill Gates has every right to keep every penny he made and
continue to make more. If it makes you mad, then invent the next
operating system that's better and put your name on the building. Ask
your buddy that invented the Internet to help you.

I don't believe in hate crime legislation. Even suggesting it makes me
mad. You're telling me that someone who is a minority,gay, disabled,
another nationality, or otherwise different from the mainstream of
this country has more value as a human being that I do as a white
male. If someone kills anyone, I'd say that it's a hate crime.
We don't need more laws! Let's enforce the ones we already have.

I think turkey bacon, turkey beef, turkey fake anything sucks.

I believe that it doesn't take a village to raise a child-it takes a
parent with the guts to stand up to the kid and spank his butt and say
"NO!" when it's necessary to do so.

I'll admit that the only movie that ever made me cry was Ole Yeller.

I didn't realize Dr. Seuss was a genius until I had a kid.

I will not be frowned upon or be looked down upon or be made to keep
silent because I have these beliefs and opinions. I thought this
country allowed me that right. I will not conform or compromise just
to keep from hurting somebody's feelings. I'm neither angry nor
disenfranchised, no matter how desperately the mainstream media would
like the world to believe otherwise.

Yes, I guess by some people's definition, I may be a bad American.

But that's tough.

Ted Nugent

Nuclear Vampire
VoivodFan
Member # 20

posted September 04, 2002 19:35     Profile for Nuclear Vampire   Email Nuclear Vampire     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I agree with everything Ted said.
schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted September 04, 2002 20:39     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I think TED should pay each member of N'SYNC a million $$$ and then hunt them down on his ranch with a bow and arrow,and then write his new book "How To Kill And Grill A Boy Band"

Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted September 04, 2002 21:11     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Now c'mon, Kula, you've got to admit you liked some of what was said there by ol' Ted.

Manipulator, after reading that wonderful diatribe how could you possibly want to run over the Tedster?

Best Regards,

Mezcal
Chief of Operations
Southern Chapter of the "Ted Nugent For President" Campaign

nia
VoivodFan
Member # 9

posted September 04, 2002 22:43     Profile for nia   Email nia     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
No, no, I said I would run him over. Manipulator would just be my co-pilot.

Anyway, I can agree on some with some of his points, and I can certainly understand his frustration with the areas of American politics that seem to be more focused on achieving a moral high ground than rational thinking, but I take issue with the comment that 'his' forefathers 'settled' America - it was already settled before they brought their disease ridden asses across the water. And, *cough* the French settled the U.S. as well thank you very much. I hate it when history is skewed by people who want to believe that 'that's the way it happened.' Get literate already, and move past Dr. Seuss - I promise you there's more than 'Fox in Socks' in the library. And as far as his statement about compassion and guns goes, well, 'what's so funny 'bout peace, love and understanding?' Sorry, but I don't want to live in a feudal society. And I don't want to live in a gated community so that I know no one's going to shoot someone inadvertantly on my street in a drive by. And I like dealing with people in other languages besides English. You would have to be a complete moron to not understand simple phrases in another language even if you weren't fluent in it. I guess it's a good thing that I'm not an American.

Kula, you've really opened a can of worms with this one...

nia
VoivodFan
Member # 9

posted September 04, 2002 23:37     Profile for nia   Email nia     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Boo!
Imran X
VoivodFan
Member # 17

posted September 05, 2002 00:18     Profile for Imran X   Email Imran X     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I wish Ted was dead.
Juan87
VoivodFan
Member # 87

posted September 05, 2002 01:48     Profile for Juan87   Email Juan87     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Wasn't Ted Nugent in a boy band too at one point? (Damn Yankees). Great set of musicians but let's face it they didn't kick ass at all.
I do agree that minorities (ha pretty soon there will be no minorities so they can kiss that excuse goodbye) don't deserve special treatment (scholarships, gov't funding, blah-blah-blah). And any idiot with one brain cell should realize that running from a cop is a volatile situation (but shooting someone in the back is spineless, which most cops are anyways).
I can't believe there was no mention of "reparation". It is very unfortunate that many folk's ancestors were slaves, but to hell with them if they think THEY deserve payback money. They aren't the ones who were enslaved.

Good Day!

Emlyn K Helicopter
VoivodFan
Member # 44

posted September 05, 2002 07:49     Profile for Emlyn K Helicopter   Email Emlyn K Helicopter     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
yeah yeah yeah, and hasn't history been unkind to Hitler?

Blaiming Liberals for all USA's ills is a bit much when it's Bush (or chimp?) that's running you guys, and the rest of us, directly to The Day Of Judgement.

Americans! It is time to arise and behead your leaders! I think Justin Timberlake should run for President. He is so cute. Hey, I've just crapped myself!

K
VoivodFan
Member # 6

posted September 05, 2002 08:42     Profile for K   Email K     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote

Yep...guess the can of Worms IS open now.

Disclaimer:
Ted Nugents thoughts and views in no way reflect those of King Kula, who is a Liberal, Communist Bastard and HATES George Bush, American Cars, Baseball, Hot Dogs, Apple Pie and Mom. Oops! Sorry. I do love Mom.

Just kidding about the rest anyways.

It is the opinion of King Kula that Marilyn Manson should be President.

Best Regards,

King Kula
Chief of Operations
Texas Chapter of the "Marilyn Manson for President" Campaign.

h
VoivodFan
Member # 8

posted September 05, 2002 10:52     Profile for h   Email h     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by warcorpse:
Why do some people hate Ted Nugent so much? I don't think its his music. Is it because he likes hunting or is it his political views?

I've never really been into his music really, and I definately don't agree with his need to hunt. But whether or not I agree with his political stance, I still have more respect for him than any politician I've ever had the misfortune to hear. Why? Because at least he tells it like he sees it. He's a fuck of a lot more honest than any twat in a suit I ever met. That's something alot of people are afraid of.

El Indio
VoivodFan
Member # 18

posted September 05, 2002 17:02     Profile for El Indio   Email El Indio     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I never was a big Ted Nugent fan but I must admit that there are a few songs of his which I like alot. How can anyone not like "Cat Scratch Fever"? As far as his outlandish commentry goes, I try to take it from a comical perspective though having said that, I'm sure that if we were ever to meet, sparks would fly! As far as hunting game animals goes, I must admit that during my childhood over on Vancouver Island I went on quite a few deer hunting trips. And now its time for me to gross you all out - one of my favorite meals is deer liver and bacon and onions washed down with a good beer providing the deer is shot prior to it starts rutting around late november and into december when the meat starts to get kind of gamey. I feel that the only people who could have a credible opinion against deer hunting are 100% vegetarians and not people who also like to eat cow, chicken, fish or pig carcasses...
O.K., perhaps this is not such an open and close case what with all of them deranged psychotics out there running amok with guns. Indio, why don't you just keep your big mouth shut!?! I manage to pull one foot out of my mouth so I can put the other one in! Oh, oh, I'm starting to feel anxious again...

Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted September 05, 2002 17:41     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I must admit that my second love to music is political debate. I have a French cousin(who's ideology is eerily similar to the Manipulator-what is up with these French people?)and I love to go on and on with him about the current issues of the day.

What I like about Nugent is that he stands for individual freedom. Liberals have one basic belief. They want to incrementally take away individual freedom and slowly let the government make more and more of the decisions for its citizenry. I don't want that. If you enjoy beaucrates acting as your parents, then more power to ya(unless you live in the USA). Not me baby!

And as for the gun issue, "FROM MY COLD, DEAD HANDS!!!!!!!" This ain't Britain or Canada, man.

K
VoivodFan
Member # 6

posted September 05, 2002 18:19     Profile for K   Email K     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote

nia
VoivodFan
Member # 9

posted September 05, 2002 18:26     Profile for nia   Email nia     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Mezcal, not only is that an over simplification of the Liberal agenda, it's grossly misconstrued. But I guess that's about all you can expect from someone who probably listens to Dr. Laura. She pretty much agrees with the Nuge and you too.
Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted September 05, 2002 19:18     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
The majority of liberal politicians tend to be in favor of government programs solving people's problems instead of letting people solve their own problems. Look at the record. This is fact. This is the main difference between liberal and conservative politicians. Liberals want more government, conservatives want less. I believe that more government equals less individual freedom. Now on this point we can argue, because liberals think that massive government involvement enhances peoples' lives. I happen to disagree. I believe the opposite is true. More later, I've got government schoolwork to do.
K
VoivodFan
Member # 6

posted September 06, 2002 08:27     Profile for K   Email K     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yep!
This is such fun!

I am easily amused.

Slaytanic
VoivodFan
Member # 28

posted September 06, 2002 11:09     Profile for Slaytanic   Email Slaytanic     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
This must be the biggest amount of crap I've read since the Nazi-wars at yuri.com! Anyway, since this appeals to be a democracy, everyone is allowed to have their own opinion, even the distorted-minded Ted Nugent (which, I believe, needs help as much as the guy who hit Joacim Cans).

It's only that I don't need to agree with this kind of opinion. Respect? Sure, but also sorry...

Slaytanic
VoivodFan
Member # 28

posted September 06, 2002 11:14     Profile for Slaytanic   Email Slaytanic     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
BTW, before another war starts, please, I didn't mean to offend or attack anyone here! My point simply is: I don't like Ted Nugent or any of his opinions!

All times are ET
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan