my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » News.........

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: News.........
JETHRO
VoivodFan
Member # 11

posted September 02, 2002 13:11     Profile for JETHRO   Email JETHRO     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
VOIVOD Set Tentative Release Date For Comeback CD - Sep. 2, 2002

VOIVOD are tentatively planning on releasing their next studio effort on March 4th, 2003, according to former METALLICA bassist Jason Newsted, who will play bass on and co-produce the album. Vocalist Snake (a.k.a. Denis Belanger), drummer Away (a.k.a. Michel Langevin) and guitarist Piggy (a.k.a. Denis D'Amour) are currently composing and demoing the material for the as-yet-untitled CD in their hometown of Montreal, Quebec and hope to commence the album recording sessions sometime this fall at Newsted's The Chophouse home studio in Walnut Creek, California.

When asked by a fan recently what the songs on the forthcoming CD will sound like, Newsted responded: "Do you like heavy metal music? No, I mean really heavy metal music? Yeah... That's what I thought you would say. You'll like the new VOIVOD because you like real heavy metal, not fake, weak, faggy, newbie, wannabe metal. Got that?! You know [returning original vocalist] Snake is still singing...right? You know I'm playing bass...right? Get the picture? Crank it very much."

In related news, Newsted's Chophouse Records is tentatively planning on issuing the three-song demo from QUARTETO DA PINGA — a project featuring Jason on bass/vocals, MACHINE HEAD's Robert Flynn on guitar/vocals, SEPULTURA's Andreas Kisser on guitar, and EXODUS' Tom Hunting on drums — sometime in the spring.

Recorded in 1995, the QUARTETO DA PINGA CD will feature the following cuts:

01. Twisted
02. Creation
03. No Class (MOTÖRHEAD cover)

|  IP: Logged
Nuclear Vampire
VoivodFan
Member # 20

posted September 02, 2002 13:19     Profile for Nuclear Vampire   Email Nuclear Vampire     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Ahh! Finally a date! It's marked on my calendar!
Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted September 02, 2002 13:33     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
March 4. Damn, this is a long time to wait. But at least we have news.

I'm not sure what to think of Newsted's response about what it sounds like. Not fake, wannabe, faggy, newbie metal....Sounds like something out of a 15 year old's mouth describing a Godsmack song. Course its NOT gonna be that Jase, this is fucking VOIVOD we're talking about. I mean maybe he didn't have time to sit down and explain the new sounds but I'm sure somebody could have thought of something more intelligent than that shit.

K
VoivodFan
Member # 6

posted September 02, 2002 14:48     Profile for K   Email K     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I believe even more now that the New CD will follow (but be better than) Phobos.
Everything Jason just described means (to me) just that very thing.

Warcorpse shall be Over-Joyed that they wont be releasing Angel Rat 2.

Anyone wonders what Phobos may have been like with Snake on Vocals and someone else on Bass...this may just be it!
(No offense to Eric...love ya, man.)

VIVA LE VOIVOD!!!

Emlyn K Helicopter
VoivodFan
Member # 44

posted September 02, 2002 17:39     Profile for Emlyn K Helicopter   Email Emlyn K Helicopter     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I hope the new album follows the excellent stuff they did on Angel Rat, with perhaps a more radio friendly production? I mean, how many people have heard of Voidvod anyway?

They should get Fred Durst to produce and have lots and lots of guest stars like Munky from Korn and the singer from Coal Chamber, y'know, people who the kids actually know and respect.

Also, I think Snake should rap. Get fucking modern, man! Maybe also Piggy could be replaced by...I dunno...an 18 year old pretty lad with a pierced eyebrow and huge pants. It would benefit the band because then they would be played on MTV.

Right, now if any of that offended you...just wait to you see what I've done with 'Into My Hypercube'. Jharry will soon be the SECOND most hated man on this forum!

Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted September 02, 2002 19:24     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Ha, ha. EKH, I laughed my ass off there. Yes, I do believe you are correct. The boys are in need of some serious "NU" makeovers.

Like getting crewcuts, growing sideburns, and most importantly massive goatees.

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted September 02, 2002 20:38     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I still think they would be a great 'Boy Band'

N'VOD

Slaytanic
VoivodFan
Member # 28

posted September 02, 2002 20:46     Profile for Slaytanic   Email Slaytanic     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Mezcalhead:
I'm not sure what to think of Newsted's response about what it sounds like. Not fake, wannabe, faggy, newbie metal....Sounds like something out of a 15 year old's mouth describing a Godsmack song. Course its NOT gonna be that Jase, this is fucking VOIVOD we're talking about. I mean maybe he didn't have time to sit down and explain the new sounds but I'm sure somebody could have thought of something more intelligent than that shit.

Maybe he just ANSWERED this question to a 15-year-old Tallica fan... Who knows?

And, yes, I too am glad that the new album is gonna be heavy! Just like in the old days, when they used to have a bassist on a permanent basis...

Helldriver
VoivodFan
Member # 46

posted September 03, 2002 04:40     Profile for Helldriver   Email Helldriver     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Thanks JETHRO for the news, finally a date
But hey, to the 4 march is a lung run... I have hoped to hear the new album in the 2002...

h
VoivodFan
Member # 8

posted September 03, 2002 05:01     Profile for h   Email h     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
March 4th, eh? Cool.. that gives me enough time to get my new band together so that we can open for them on the UK leg of the tour!!
Emlyn K Helicopter
VoivodFan
Member # 44

posted September 03, 2002 05:30     Profile for Emlyn K Helicopter   Email Emlyn K Helicopter     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
New band, h? Well, if you need a guitarist...
h
VoivodFan
Member # 8

posted September 03, 2002 08:42     Profile for h   Email h     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
May well do mate! Although the forboding idea of your re-vamped version of '...Hypercube' may be too disturbing to handle!! We could perform it live and get bottled off!
Grow that Blacky hair style back and we can trick the drunks into thinking you are the man himself!

nia
VoivodFan
Member # 9

posted September 03, 2002 09:53     Profile for nia   Email nia     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I hear Blacky will license his, er, image for a very reasonable fee. lol....
AngelRat
VoivodFan
Member # 88

posted September 03, 2002 16:36     Profile for AngelRat   Email AngelRat     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
So, we'll have to wait another 6 months? How could I possibly survive this period? Waiting 6 years for a new studio album after the last one is something a Def Leppard fan should be used to...but a VoiVod fan?

Well, I think our patience will be fully rewarded and the album really worth the wait.

As for now...I'm gonna drink myself into a 6 month coma so I will recover just in time.

Emlyn K Helicopter
VoivodFan
Member # 44

posted September 03, 2002 18:25     Profile for Emlyn K Helicopter   Email Emlyn K Helicopter     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
A fee?! Shit, I guess I have 11 years of backpay owing! Tell Blacky I shall send him a rough diagram of $650, that should cover it. He can send the change by photographing some coins. Ho ho, old Goons joke...

And Def Leopard fans deserve everything they get. For our English readers, did anyone catch Def Leopard on Top Of The Pops a while back doing something acoustic? Joe Elliot had a big 'Fat Man' floral...well, dress I suppose it looked like..on and his face!

The lower half looked bloated (notice all recent pics have 'shadow' below his chin!) while the top half looked impossibly stretched and taut. The net result was that he looked like the blond one from 'Birds Of A Feather' and the Surf Automatic adverts.

MeanMrMustard
VoivodFan
Member # 57

posted September 03, 2002 18:35     Profile for MeanMrMustard   Email MeanMrMustard     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
If ever there were a band or a reason for a double album! If this really happens to be their last album, they should give us all we can handle. They should really go out with a bang. A little of everything to sum up their career; Thrash, prog, ambient, space, metal, hardcore. All in one finale double album. On second thought, go ahead and make it a triple album! : )
h
VoivodFan
Member # 8

posted September 04, 2002 04:56     Profile for h   Email h     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
This forum is fucking with my mind....
two sequential posts, one discussing the horror that was Daft Leotard's recent 'Top of the Pops' appearence, followed immediately by the amazing idea of a triple Voivod album....

It's too early in the morning for my mind to leap between such extreme emotions!

Juan87
VoivodFan
Member # 87

posted September 05, 2002 02:36     Profile for Juan87   Email Juan87     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
...I just hope they don't pull a SLAYER and keep on changing the release date (and always changing it the week before). Six months is long enough!
///
Thanks for the news JETHRO

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan